Are you good at remembering dates like birthdays? Train your brain if you are not born with superior ability to memorize. Try this free brain game & improve your memory! (Sponsored link)
1985 Historical Event(s)
- January 7, 1985 – Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency launches Sakigake, Japan’s first interplanetary spacecraft and the first deep space probe to be launched by any country other than the United States or the Soviet Union.
- February 20, 1985 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Ox in Chinese astrology.
- February 28, 1985 – The Provisional Irish Republican Army carries out a mortar attack on the Royal Ulster Constabulary police station at Newry, killing nine officers in the highest loss of life for the RUC on a single day.
- April 20, 1985 – The ATF raids The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord compound in northern Arkansas.
- May 11, 1985 – Bradford City stadium fire: Fifty-six spectators die and more than 200 are injured in a flash fire at Valley Parade football ground during a match against Lincoln City in Bradford, England.
- June 24, 1985 – STS-51-G Space Shuttle Discovery completes its mission, best remembered for having Sultan bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, the first Arab and first Muslim in space, as a Payload Specialist.
- September 1, 1985 – A joint American–French expedition locates the wreckage of the RMS Titanic.
- October 29, 1985 – Major General Samuel K. Doe is announced the winner of the first multi-party election in Liberia.
- November 15, 1985 – The Anglo-Irish Agreement is signed at Hillsborough Castle by British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and Irish Taoiseach Garret FitzGerald.
- November 20, 1985 – Microsoft Windows 1.0 is released.
Who Were Born On 1985?
- March 9, 1985 – Jesse Litsch, American baseball player
- March 10, 1985 – Lassana Diarra, French footballer
- March 27, 1985 – Dario Baldauf, Austrian footballer
- April 16, 1985 – Luol Deng, British-Sudanese basketball player
- June 30, 1985 – Fabiana Vallejos, Argentine footballer
- July 26, 1985 – Audrey De Montigny, Canadian singer
- August 2, 1985 – Britt Nicole, American Christian pop vocalist
- September 14, 1985 – Paolo Gregoletto, American bassist (Trivium)
- October 2, 1985 – Buster Davis, American football player
- November 10, 1985 – Krystian Trochowski, German rugby player