April 1: Day of the Week
April 1, 2020 was the 92nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 274 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kelsey’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 1: This Day in History
April 1 is most notable in many countries for being April Fools’ Day.
April 1 Historical Event(s)
- 325Crown Prince Jin Chengdi, age 4, succeeds his father Jin Mingdi as emperor of the Eastern Jin Dynasty.
- 1854Hard Times begins serialisation in Charles Dickens’ magazine, Household Words.
- 1867Singapore becomes a British crown colony.
- 1887Mumbai Fire Brigade is established.
- 1918The Royal Air Force is created by the merger of the Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Naval Air Service.
- 1924Adolf Hitler is sentenced to five years in jail for his participation in the “Beer Hall Putsch”. However, he spends only nine months in jail, during which he writes Mein Kampf.
- 1933English cricketer Wally Hammond set a record for the highest individual Test innings of 336 not out, during a Test match against New Zealand.
- 1939Generalísimo Francisco Franco of the Spanish State announces the end of the Spanish Civil War, when the last of the Republican forces surrender.
- 1941The Blockade Runner Badge for the German navy is instituted.
- 1967The United States Department of Transportation begins operation.
Who were born on April 1?
- 1765Luigi Schiavonetti, Italian engraver (d. 1810)
- 1856Acacio Gabriel Viegas, Indian physician (d. 1933)
- 1889K. B. Hedgewar, Indian physician and Hindu nationalism advocate (d. 1940)
- 1893Cicely Courtneidge, English actress and comedian (d. 1980)
- 1902Maria Polydouri, Greek poet (d. 1930)
- 1915Otto Wilhelm Fischer, Austrian actor (d. 2004)
- 1954Jeff Porcaro, American drummer (d. 1992)
- 1962Samboy Lim, Filipino basketball player
- 1971Method Man, American rapper
- 1987Ding Junhui, Chinese snooker player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.