April 1: Day of the Week
April 1, 2023 is the 91st day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 274 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TEUDSEZUD? Check your answers here: Unscramble words TEUDSEZUD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 1: This Day in History
April 1 is most notable in many countries for being April Fools’ Day.
April 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1826Samuel Morey patents the internal combustion engine.
- 1854Hard Times begins serialisation in Charles Dickens’ magazine, Household Words.
- 1871The first stage of the Brill Tramway opened.
- 1887Mumbai Fire Brigade is established.
- 1948Faroe Islands receive autonomy from Denmark.
- 1949The 26 counties of the Irish Free State become the Republic of Ireland.
- 1949The Canadian government repeals Japanese Canadian internment after seven years.
- 1959Iakovos is enthroned as Greek Orthodox Archbishop of America.
- 1969The Hawker Siddeley Harrier enters service with the Royal Air Force.
- 1976Apple Inc. is formed by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak.
Who were born on April 1?
- 1927Amos Milburn, American pianist (d. 1980)
- 1942Samuel R. Delany, American author
- 1946Eva Polttila, Finnish news broadcaster
- 1959Margita Stefanović, Yugoslav architect and musician (d. 2002)
- 1961Susan Boyle, Scottish singer and Britain’s Got Talent contestant
- 1974Beatriz Batarda, Portuguese actress
- 1981Asli Bayram, Turkish-born German model and actress
- 1984Gilberto Macena, Brazilian footballer
- 1985Daniel Murphy, American baseball player
- 1987Oliver Turvey, British racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.