April 1: Day of the Week
April 1, 2021 was the 91st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 274 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AAIHZCFSSE? Check your answers here: Words with these letters AAIHZCFSSE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 1: This Day in History
April 1 is most notable in many countries for being April Fools’ Day.
April 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1318Berwick-upon-Tweed is captured by the Scottish from England.
- 1833The Convention of 1833, a political gathering of settlers in Mexican Texas to help draft a series of petitions to the Mexican government, begins in San Felipe de Austin
- 1924Adolf Hitler is sentenced to five years in jail for his participation in the “Beer Hall Putsch”. However, he spends only nine months in jail, during which he writes Mein Kampf.
- 1924The Royal Canadian Air Force is formed.
- 1954President Dwight D. Eisenhower authorizes the creation of the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado.
- 1957The BBC broadcasts the spaghetti tree hoax on its current affairs programme Panorama.
- 1960The TIROS-1 satellite transmits the first television picture from space.
- 1973Project Tiger, a tiger conservation project, is launched in the Corbett National Park, India.
- 1974In the United Kingdom, the Metropolitan and non-metropolitan counties come into being.
- 1997Comet Hale-Bopp is seen passing over perihelion.
Who were born on April 1?
- 1884Laurette Taylor, American stage actress (d. 1946)
- 1921Ken Reardon, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2008)
- 1926Charles Bressler, American tenor
- 1929Jane Powell, American dancer, actress, and singer
- 1929Milan Kundera, Czech writer
- 1929Payut Ngaokrachang, Thai animator (d. 2010)
- 1939Rudolph Isley, American singer
- 1954Jeff Porcaro, American drummer (d. 1992)
- 1974Hugo Benjamín Ibarra, Argentine footballer
- 1980Bijou Phillips, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.