April 1: Day of the Week
April 1, 2019 was the 91st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 274 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Sophie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 1: This Day in History
April 1 is most notable in many countries for being April Fools’ Day.
April 1 Historical Event(s)
- 286Emperor Diocletian elevates his general Maximian to co-emperor with the rank of Augustus and gives him control over the Western regions of the Roman Empire.
- 325Crown Prince Jin Chengdi, age 4, succeeds his father Jin Mingdi as emperor of the Eastern Jin Dynasty.
- 1293Robert Winchelsey leaves England for Rome, to be consecrated as Archbishop of Canterbury.
- 1572In the Eighty Years’ War, the Watergeuzen capture Brielle from the Spaniards, gaining the first foothold on land for what would become the Dutch Republic.
- 1871The first stage of the Brill Tramway opened.
- 1924Adolf Hitler is sentenced to five years in jail for his participation in the “Beer Hall Putsch”. However, he spends only nine months in jail, during which he writes Mein Kampf.
- 1933English cricketer Wally Hammond set a record for the highest individual Test innings of 336 not out, during a Test match against New Zealand.
- 1957The BBC broadcasts the spaghetti tree hoax on its current affairs programme Panorama.
- 1973Project Tiger, a tiger conservation project, is launched in the Corbett National Park, India.
- 1999Nunavut is established as a Canadian territory carved out of the eastern part of the Northwest Territories.
Who were born on April 1?
- 1914Lor Tok, Thai comedian and actor (d. 2002)
- 1917Melville Shavelson, American film director, producer and screenwriter (d. 2007)
- 1941Ajit Wadekar, Indian cricketer
- 1946Nikitas Kaklamanis, Greek politician
- 1968Julia Boutros, Lebanese singer
- 1981Hannah Spearritt, British singer and actor
- 1985Josh Zuckerman, American actor
- 1986Ireen Wüst, Dutch speed skater
- 1987Gianluca Musacci, Italian footballer
- 1989Vietoris Krisztián, German racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.