April 1: Day of the Week
April 1, 2019 was the 91st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 274 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Christian’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 1: This Day in History
April 1 is most notable in many countries for being April Fools’ Day.
April 1 Historical Event(s)
- 286Emperor Diocletian elevates his general Maximian to co-emperor with the rank of Augustus and gives him control over the Western regions of the Roman Empire.
- 1340Niels Ebbesen kills Gerhard III of Holstein in his bedroom, ending the 1332-1340 interregnum in Denmark.
- 1918The Royal Air Force is created by the merger of the Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Naval Air Service.
- 1944Navigation errors lead to an accidental American bombing of the Swiss city of Schaffhausen.
- 1955The EOKA rebellion against The British Empire begins in Cyprus, with the goal of obtaining the desired unification (“enosis”) with Greece.
- 1969The Hawker Siddeley Harrier enters service with the Royal Air Force.
- 1970President Richard Nixon signs the Public Health Cigarette Smoking Act into law, requiring the Surgeon General’s warnings on tobacco products and banning cigarette advertisements on television and radio in the United States, starting on January 1, 1971.
- 1976The Jovian–Plutonian gravitational effect hoax is first reported by British astronomer Patrick Moore.
- 1989Margaret Thatcher’s new local government tax, the Community Charge (commonly known as the “poll tax”), is introduced in Scotland.
- 2009Croatia and Albania join NATO.
Who were born on April 1?
- 1697Antoine François Prévost, French author and novelist (d. 1763)
- 1929Payut Ngaokrachang, Thai animator (d. 2010)
- 1934Don Hastings, American actor
- 1951John Philip Abizaid, American army general
- 1962Samboy Lim, Filipino basketball player
- 1965Mark Jackson, American basketball player
- 1976Clarence Seedorf, Dutch footballer
- 1978Anamaria Marinca, Romanian actress
- 1978Antonio de Nigris, Mexican footballer (d. 2009)
- 1978Jean-Pierre Dumont, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.