April 10: Day of the Week
April 10, 2020 is the 101st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 265 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Christina’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 10 Historical Event(s)
- 879Louis III becomes King of the Western Franks.
- 1710The Statute of Anne, the first law regulating copyright, enters into force in Great Britain.
- 1826The 10,500 inhabitants of the Greek town Missolonghi start leaving the town after a year’s siege by Turkish forces. Very few of them survive.
- 1856The Theta Chi fraternity is founded at Norwich University.
- 1887On Easter Sunday, Pope Leo XIII authorizes the establishment of The Catholic University of America.
- 1925The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald is first published in New York City, by Charles Scribner’s Sons.
- 1963129 people die when the submarine USS Thresher sinks at sea.
- 197220 days after he is kidnapped in Buenos Aires, Oberdan Sallustro is executed by communist guerrillas.
- 1991A rare tropical storm develops in the South Atlantic Ocean near Angola; the first to be documented by satellites.
- 2009President of Fiji Ratu Josefa Iloilo announces he will suspend the constitution and assume all governance in the country, creating a constitutional crisis.
Who were born on April 10?
- 1583Hugo Grotius, Dutch philosopher and writer (d. 1645)
- 1887Bernardo Houssay, Argentine physiologist, Nobel laureate (d. 1971)
- 1938Don Meredith, American football player and broadcaster (d. 2010)
- 1950Ken Griffey, Sr., American baseball player
- 1959Yvan Loubier, Canadian politician
- 1965Tim Alexander, American musician
- 1973Christopher Simmons, American designer
- 1982Andre Ethier, American baseball player
- 1986Olivia Borlée, Belgian athlete
- 1988Haley Joel Osment, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.