April 10: Day of the Week
April 10, 2020 was the 101st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 265 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CUVIEDOA? Check your answers here: Words with these letters CUVIEDOA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1500Ludovico Sforza is captured by the Swiss troops at Novara and is handed over to the French.
- 1815The Mount Tambora volcano begins a three-month-long eruption, lasting until July 15. The eruption ultimately kills 71,000 people and affects Earth’s climate for the next two years.
- 1826The 10,500 inhabitants of the Greek town Missolonghi start leaving the town after a year’s siege by Turkish forces. Very few of them survive.
- 1856The Theta Chi fraternity is founded at Norwich University.
- 1970Paul McCartney announces that he leaves The Beatles for personal and professional reasons.
- 197220 days after he is kidnapped in Buenos Aires, Oberdan Sallustro is executed by communist guerrillas.
- 1973A British Vanguard turboprop crashes during a snowstorm at Basel, Switzerland killing 104.
- 1991A rare tropical storm develops in the South Atlantic Ocean near Angola; the first to be documented by satellites.
- 1992The Maraghar Massacre, killing of ethnic Armenian civil population of the village Maraghar by Azerbaijani troops during the Nagorno-Karabakh War.
- 2009President of Fiji Ratu Josefa Iloilo announces he will suspend the constitution and assume all governance in the country, creating a constitutional crisis.
Who were born on April 10?
- 1837Forceythe Willson, American poet (d. 1867)
- 1917Robert Burns Woodward, American chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 1979)
- 1950Eddie Hazel, American guitarist (P-Funk and The Temptations) (d. 1992)
- 1957John M. Ford, American science fiction author and poet (d. 2006)
- 1960Katrina Leskanich, American musician
- 1962Steve Tasker, American football player
- 1963Doris Leuthard, Swiss politician
- 1975Chris Carrabba, American singer
- 1984Jeremy Barrett (figure skater), American figure skater
- 1985Dion Phaneuf, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.