April 10: Day of the Week
April 10, 2022 was the 100th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 265 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Rose’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 10 Historical Event(s)
- 879Louis III becomes King of the Western Franks.
- 1815The Mount Tambora volcano begins a three-month-long eruption, lasting until July 15. The eruption ultimately kills 71,000 people and affects Earth’s climate for the next two years.
- 1874The first Arbor Day is celebrated in Nebraska.
- 1912The Titanic leaves port in Southampton, England for her first and only voyage.
- 1953Warner Brothers premieres the first 3-D film from a major American studio, entitled House of Wax.
- 1957The Suez Canal is reopened for all shipping after being closed for three months.
- 1963129 people die when the submarine USS Thresher sinks at sea.
- 1970Paul McCartney announces that he leaves The Beatles for personal and professional reasons.
- 1991A rare tropical storm develops in the South Atlantic Ocean near Angola; the first to be documented by satellites.
- 2010Polish Air Force Tu-154M crashes near Smolensk, Russia, killing all 96 people on board including President Lech Kaczyński.
Who were born on April 10?
- 1583Hugo Grotius, Dutch philosopher and writer (d. 1645)
- 1651Ehrenfried Walther von Tschirnhaus, German mathematician (d. 1708)
- 1865Jack Miner, Canadian conservationist (d. 1944)
- 1947Bunny Wailer, Jamaican musician
- 1952Narayan Rane, Indian politician
- 1954Peter MacNicol, American actor
- 1959Davy Carton, Irish musician (Saw Doctors)
- 1973Guillaume Canet, French actor and film director
- 1975Chris Carrabba, American singer
- 1991A.J. Michalka, American actress and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.