April 10: Day of the Week
April 10, 2020 was the 101st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 265 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jordan’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 10 Historical Event(s)
- 428Nestorius becomes Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1606The Charter of the Virginia Company of London is established by royal charter by James I of England with the purpose of establishing colonial settlements in North America.
- 1815The Mount Tambora volcano begins a three-month-long eruption, lasting until July 15. The eruption ultimately kills 71,000 people and affects Earth’s climate for the next two years.
- 1858The original Big Ben, a 14.5 tonne bell for the Palace of Westminster is cast in Stockton-on-Tees by Warner’s of Cripplegate. This however cracked during testing and is recast into the 13.76 tonne bell by Whitechapel Bell Foundry and is still in use to date.
- 1864Archduke Maximilian of Habsburg is elected emperor of Mexico.
- 1916The Professional Golfers Association of America (PGA) is created in New York City.
- 1944Rudolf Vrba and Alfred Wetzler escape from the Birkenau death camp.
- 1968Shipwreck of the New Zealand inter-island ferry TEV Wahine outside Wellington harbour.
- 1991Italian ferry Moby Prince collides with an oil tanker in dense fog off Livorno, Italy killing 140.
- 2009President of Fiji Ratu Josefa Iloilo announces he will suspend the constitution and assume all governance in the country, creating a constitutional crisis.
Who were born on April 10?
- 1796James “Jim” Bowie, American pioneer and soldier (d. 1836)
- 1935John A. Bennett, American convicted rapist (d. 1961)
- 1936John Madden, American football coach and broadcaster
- 1937Bella Akhmadulina, Russian poet (d. 2010)
- 1957Steven Gustafson, American musician (10,000 Maniacs)
- 1961Joe Cole, American roadie (d. 1991)
- 1963Doris Leuthard, Swiss politician
- 1979Shemekia Copeland, American singer
- 1985Dion Phaneuf, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1988Haley Joel Osment, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.