April 10: Day of the Week
April 10, 2021 was the 100th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 265 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AUZSOOEZ? Check your answers here: Word search AUZSOOEZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1710The Statute of Anne, the first law regulating copyright, enters into force in Great Britain.
- 1815The Mount Tambora volcano begins a three-month-long eruption, lasting until July 15. The eruption ultimately kills 71,000 people and affects Earth’s climate for the next two years.
- 1816The United States Government approves the creation of the Second Bank of the United States.
- 1864Archduke Maximilian of Habsburg is elected emperor of Mexico.
- 1865American Civil War: A day after his surrender to Union forces, Confederate General Robert E. Lee addresses his troops for the last time.
- 1925The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald is first published in New York City, by Charles Scribner’s Sons.
- 1959Akihito, future Emperor of Japan, weds Michiko.
- 1972Vietnam War: For the first time since November 1967, American B-52 bombers reportedly begin bombing North Vietnam.
- 1979Red River Valley Tornado Outbreak: A tornado lands in Wichita Falls, Texas killing 42 people.
- 1991Italian ferry Moby Prince collides with an oil tanker in dense fog off Livorno, Italy killing 140.
Who were born on April 10?
- 1829William Booth, English founder of the Salvation Army (d. 1912)
- 1887Bernardo Houssay, Argentine physiologist, Nobel laureate (d. 1971)
- 1913Stefan Heym, German author (d. 2001)
- 1933Rokusuke Ei, Japanese lyricist and author
- 1934David Halberstam, American journalist and author (d. 2007)
- 1941Paul Theroux, American author
- 1949Daniel Mangeas, French sports commentator
- 1975Matthew Phillips, New Zealand-born Italian rugby player
- 1986Ayesha Takia, Indian actress
- 1991A.J. Michalka, American actress and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.