April 10: Day of the Week
April 10, 2019 is the 100th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 265 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1606The Charter of the Virginia Company of London is established by royal charter by James I of England with the purpose of establishing colonial settlements in North America.
- 1815The Mount Tambora volcano begins a three-month-long eruption, lasting until July 15. The eruption ultimately kills 71,000 people and affects Earth’s climate for the next two years.
- 1858The original Big Ben, a 14.5 tonne bell for the Palace of Westminster is cast in Stockton-on-Tees by Warner’s of Cripplegate. This however cracked during testing and is recast into the 13.76 tonne bell by Whitechapel Bell Foundry and is still in use to date.
- 1865American Civil War: A day after his surrender to Union forces, Confederate General Robert E. Lee addresses his troops for the last time.
- 1868At Arogee in Abyssinia, British and Indian forces defeat an army of Emperor Tewodros II. While 700 Ethiopians are killed and many more injured, only two die from the British/Indian troops.
- 1919Mexican Revolution leader Emiliano Zapata is ambushed and shot dead by government forces in Morelos.
- 1953Warner Brothers premieres the first 3-D film from a major American studio, entitled House of Wax.
- 1963129 people die when the submarine USS Thresher sinks at sea.
- 1972Seventy-four nations sign the Biological Weapons Convention, the first multilateral disarmament treaty banning the production of biological weapons.
- 1972Vietnam War: For the first time since November 1967, American B-52 bombers reportedly begin bombing North Vietnam.
Who were born on April 10?
- 1806Juliette Drouet, French actress (d. 1883)
- 1827Lew Wallace, American Civil War figure and novelist (d. 1905)
- 1921Chuck Connors, American actor (d. 1992)
- 1934David Halberstam, American journalist and author (d. 2007)
- 1939Claudio Magris, Italian author
- 1942Ian Callaghan, English footballer
- 1957Steven Gustafson, American musician (10,000 Maniacs)
- 1960Terry Teagle, American basketball player
- 1970Leonard Dorin, Canadian boxer
- 1974Henning Wehn, German comedian
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.