April 10: Day of the Week
April 10, 2019 was the 100th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 265 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
April 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1858The original Big Ben, a 14.5 tonne bell for the Palace of Westminster is cast in Stockton-on-Tees by Warner’s of Cripplegate. This however cracked during testing and is recast into the 13.76 tonne bell by Whitechapel Bell Foundry and is still in use to date.
- 1887On Easter Sunday, Pope Leo XIII authorizes the establishment of The Catholic University of America.
- 1912The Titanic leaves port in Southampton, England for her first and only voyage.
- 1919Mexican Revolution leader Emiliano Zapata is ambushed and shot dead by government forces in Morelos.
- 1944Rudolf Vrba and Alfred Wetzler escape from the Birkenau death camp.
- 1959Akihito, future Emperor of Japan, weds Michiko.
- 1963129 people die when the submarine USS Thresher sinks at sea.
- 1970Paul McCartney announces that he leaves The Beatles for personal and professional reasons.
- 197220 days after he is kidnapped in Buenos Aires, Oberdan Sallustro is executed by communist guerrillas.
- 1992The Maraghar Massacre, killing of ethnic Armenian civil population of the village Maraghar by Azerbaijani troops during the Nagorno-Karabakh War.
Who were born on April 10?
- 1921Sheb Wooley, American actor and singer (d. 2003)
- 1923Roger Gaillard, Haitian historian and novelist (d. 2000)
- 1933Rokusuke Ei, Japanese lyricist and author
- 1936John Madden, American football coach and broadcaster
- 1939Claudio Magris, Italian author
- 1965Tim Alexander, American musician
- 1974Henning Wehn, German comedian
- 1979Peter Kopteff, Finnish footballer
- 1979Shemekia Copeland, American singer
- 1983Ryan Merriman, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.