April 10: Day of the Week
April 10, 2020 is the 101st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 265 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Michele’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 10 Historical Event(s)
- 428Nestorius becomes Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 1407the lama Deshin Shekpa visits the Ming Dynasty capital at Nanjing. He is awarded with the title Great Treasure Prince of Dharma.
- 1500Ludovico Sforza is captured by the Swiss troops at Novara and is handed over to the French.
- 1865American Civil War: A day after his surrender to Union forces, Confederate General Robert E. Lee addresses his troops for the last time.
- 1904British mystic Aleister Crowley transcribes the third and final chapter of The Book of The Law.
- 1916The Professional Golfers Association of America (PGA) is created in New York City.
- 1963129 people die when the submarine USS Thresher sinks at sea.
- 1971Ping Pong Diplomacy: In an attempt to thaw relations with the United States, the People’s Republic of China hosts the U.S. table tennis team for a weeklong visit.
- 1973A British Vanguard turboprop crashes during a snowstorm at Basel, Switzerland killing 104.
- 1992The Maraghar Massacre, killing of ethnic Armenian civil population of the village Maraghar by Azerbaijani troops during the Nagorno-Karabakh War.
Who were born on April 10?
- 1704Benjamin Heath, English classical scholar (d. 1766)
- 1880Montague Summers, English writer (d. 1948)
- 1887Bernardo Houssay, Argentine physiologist, Nobel laureate (d. 1971)
- 1933Rokusuke Ei, Japanese lyricist and author
- 1937Bella Akhmadulina, Russian poet (d. 2010)
- 1946Adolf Winkelmann, German film director
- 1954Anne Lamott, American writer
- 1957John M. Ford, American science fiction author and poet (d. 2006)
- 1960Steve Bisciotti, American pro football team owner
- 1987Shay Mitchell, Canadian Actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.