April 10: Day of the Week
April 10, 2018 was the 100th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 265 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 10 Historical Event(s)
- 428Nestorius becomes Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 879Louis III becomes King of the Western Franks.
- 1710The Statute of Anne, the first law regulating copyright, enters into force in Great Britain.
- 1826The 10,500 inhabitants of the Greek town Missolonghi start leaving the town after a year’s siege by Turkish forces. Very few of them survive.
- 1864Archduke Maximilian of Habsburg is elected emperor of Mexico.
- 1904British mystic Aleister Crowley transcribes the third and final chapter of The Book of The Law.
- 1972Vietnam War: For the first time since November 1967, American B-52 bombers reportedly begin bombing North Vietnam.
- 1991Italian ferry Moby Prince collides with an oil tanker in dense fog off Livorno, Italy killing 140.
- 1992The Maraghar Massacre, killing of ethnic Armenian civil population of the village Maraghar by Azerbaijani troops during the Nagorno-Karabakh War.
- 2009President of Fiji Ratu Josefa Iloilo announces he will suspend the constitution and assume all governance in the country, creating a constitutional crisis.
Who were born on April 10?
- 1873Alfred Kubin, Austrian expressionist illustrator and writer (d. 1959)
- 1903Clare Boothe Luce, American activist, (d. 1987)
- 1938Don Meredith, American football player and broadcaster (d. 2010)
- 1958Kenneth Edmonds, American music producer
- 1970Kenny Lattimore, American singer
- 1970Q-Tip, American musician
- 1984Jeremy Barrett (figure skater), American figure skater
- 1986Ayesha Takia, Indian actress
- 1986Fernando Gago, Argentine footballer
- 1986Vincent Kompany, Belgian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.