April 10: Day of the Week
April 10, 2022 is the 100th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 265 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ROOBHPCLEAL? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters ROOBHPCLEAL. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 10 Historical Event(s)
- 428Nestorius becomes Patriarch of Constantinople.
- 837Halley’s Comet and Earth experienced their closest approach to one another when their separating distance equalled 0.0342 AU (3.2 million miles).
- 879Louis III becomes King of the Western Franks.
- 1500Ludovico Sforza is captured by the Swiss troops at Novara and is handed over to the French.
- 1710The Statute of Anne, the first law regulating copyright, enters into force in Great Britain.
- 1868At Arogee in Abyssinia, British and Indian forces defeat an army of Emperor Tewodros II. While 700 Ethiopians are killed and many more injured, only two die from the British/Indian troops.
- 1925The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald is first published in New York City, by Charles Scribner’s Sons.
- 1953Warner Brothers premieres the first 3-D film from a major American studio, entitled House of Wax.
- 1972Seventy-four nations sign the Biological Weapons Convention, the first multilateral disarmament treaty banning the production of biological weapons.
- 2009President of Fiji Ratu Josefa Iloilo announces he will suspend the constitution and assume all governance in the country, creating a constitutional crisis.
Who were born on April 10?
- 401Theodosius II, Roman emperor (d. 450)
- 1713John Whitehurst, English clockmaker and scientist (d. 1788)
- 1923Roger Gaillard, Haitian historian and novelist (d. 2000)
- 1934David Halberstam, American journalist and author (d. 2007)
- 1936John Madden, American football coach and broadcaster
- 1949Daniel Mangeas, French sports commentator
- 1957John M. Ford, American science fiction author and poet (d. 2006)
- 1963Doris Leuthard, Swiss politician
- 1967David Rovics, American folksinger
- 1969Billy Jayne, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.