April 10: Day of the Week
April 10, 2021 was the 100th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 265 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters NEABNVPYAWK? Check your answers here: Word scramble NEABNVPYAWK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1500Ludovico Sforza is captured by the Swiss troops at Novara and is handed over to the French.
- 1741War of the Austrian Succession: Prussia defeats Austria in the Battle of Mollwitz.
- 1815The Mount Tambora volcano begins a three-month-long eruption, lasting until July 15. The eruption ultimately kills 71,000 people and affects Earth’s climate for the next two years.
- 1826The 10,500 inhabitants of the Greek town Missolonghi start leaving the town after a year’s siege by Turkish forces. Very few of them survive.
- 1858The original Big Ben, a 14.5 tonne bell for the Palace of Westminster is cast in Stockton-on-Tees by Warner’s of Cripplegate. This however cracked during testing and is recast into the 13.76 tonne bell by Whitechapel Bell Foundry and is still in use to date.
- 1868At Arogee in Abyssinia, British and Indian forces defeat an army of Emperor Tewodros II. While 700 Ethiopians are killed and many more injured, only two die from the British/Indian troops.
- 1925The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald is first published in New York City, by Charles Scribner’s Sons.
- 1957The Suez Canal is reopened for all shipping after being closed for three months.
- 1959Akihito, future Emperor of Japan, weds Michiko.
- 1972Vietnam War: For the first time since November 1967, American B-52 bombers reportedly begin bombing North Vietnam.
Who were born on April 10?
- 1880Mohammed Nadir Shah, Afghan king (d. 1933)
- 1913Stefan Heym, German author (d. 2001)
- 1929Mike Hawthorn, English race car driver (d. 1959)
- 1946Bob Watson, American baseball player and executive
- 1952Steven Seagal, American actor
- 1955Lesley Garrett, British soprano
- 1963Doris Leuthard, Swiss politician
- 1979Peter Kopteff, Finnish footballer
- 1983Jamie Chung, American actress
- 1987Hayley Westenra, New Zealand soprano
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.