April 10: Day of the Week
April 10, 2019 was the 100th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 265 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Derrick’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 10 Historical Event(s)
- 837Halley’s Comet and Earth experienced their closest approach to one another when their separating distance equalled 0.0342 AU (3.2 million miles).
- 1500Ludovico Sforza is captured by the Swiss troops at Novara and is handed over to the French.
- 1816The United States Government approves the creation of the Second Bank of the United States.
- 1858The original Big Ben, a 14.5 tonne bell for the Palace of Westminster is cast in Stockton-on-Tees by Warner’s of Cripplegate. This however cracked during testing and is recast into the 13.76 tonne bell by Whitechapel Bell Foundry and is still in use to date.
- 1864Archduke Maximilian of Habsburg is elected emperor of Mexico.
- 1874The first Arbor Day is celebrated in Nebraska.
- 1887On Easter Sunday, Pope Leo XIII authorizes the establishment of The Catholic University of America.
- 1904British mystic Aleister Crowley transcribes the third and final chapter of The Book of The Law.
- 1916The Professional Golfers Association of America (PGA) is created in New York City.
- 1992The Maraghar Massacre, killing of ethnic Armenian civil population of the village Maraghar by Azerbaijani troops during the Nagorno-Karabakh War.
Who were born on April 10?
- 1656René Lepage de Sainte-Claire, lord-founder of the town of Rimouski, in New France (d. 1718)
- 1796James “Jim” Bowie, American pioneer and soldier (d. 1836)
- 1837Forceythe Willson, American poet (d. 1867)
- 1958Bob Bell, British engineer
- 1961Joe Cole, American roadie (d. 1991)
- 1973Guillaume Canet, French actor and film director
- 1974Petros Passalis, Greek footballer
- 1979Shemekia Copeland, American singer
- 1980Charlie Hunnam, British actor
- 1980Sean Avery, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.