April 11: Day of the Week
April 11, 2019 was the 101st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 264 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
April 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1512War of the League of Cambrai: French forces led by Gaston de Foix win the Battle of Ravenna.
- 1727Premiere of Johann Sebastian Bach’s St Matthew Passion BWV 244b at the St. Thomas Church, Leipzig
- 1775The last execution for witchcraft in Germany takes place.
- 1814The Treaty of Fontainebleau ends the War of the Sixth Coalition against Napoleon Bonaparte, and forces him to abdicate unconditionally for the first time.
- 1868Former Shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu surrenders Edo Castle to Imperial forces, marking the end of the Tokugawa shogunate.
- 1951The Stone of Scone, the stone upon which Scottish monarchs were traditionally crowned, is found on the site of the altar of Arbroath Abbey. It had been taken by Scottish nationalist students from its place in Westminster Abbey.
- 1955The Air India Kashmir Princess is bombed and crashes in a failed assassination attempt on Zhou Enlai by the Kuomintang.
- 1970Apollo 13 is launched.
- 2001The detained crew of a United States EP-3E aircraft that landed in Hainan, China after a collision with a J-8 fighter is released.
- 20072007 Algiers bombings: Two bombings in the Algerian capital of Algiers, kills 33 people and wounds a further 222 others.
Who were born on April 11?
- 1819Charles Hallé, German pianist and conductor (d. 1895)
- 1887Jamini Roy, Indian/Bengali painter (d. 1972)
- 1907Paul Douglas, American actor (d. 1959)
- 1933Tony Brown, American journalist
- 1947Lev Bulat, Russian physicist
- 1954Abdullah Atalar, Turkish scientist and academic
- 1963Chris Ferguson, American poker player
- 1972Balls Mahoney, American professional wrestler
- 1975Walid Soliman, Tunisian author
- 1979María Elena Swett, Chilean actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.