April 11: Day of the Week
April 11, 2020 is the 102nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 264 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Susan’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1809Battle of the Basque Roads Naval battle fought between France and the United Kingdom
- 1856Battle of Rivas: Juan Santamaria burns down the hostel where William Walker’s filibusters are holed up.
- 1868Former Shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu surrenders Edo Castle to Imperial forces, marking the end of the Tokugawa shogunate.
- 1888The Concertgebouw in Amsterdam is inaugurated.
- 1908SMS Blücher, the last armored cruiser to be built by the German Imperial Navy, launches.
- 1965The Palm Sunday tornado outbreak of 1965: Fifty-one tornadoes hit in six Midwestern states, killing 256 people.
- 1976The Apple I is created.
- 1979Ugandan dictator Idi Amin is deposed.
- 1981A massive riot in Brixton, South London, results in almost 300 police injuries and 65 serious civilian injuries.
- 1993450 prisoners rioted at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility in Lucasville, Ohio, and continued to do so for ten days, citing grievances related to prison conditions, as well as the forced vaccination of Nation of Islam prisoners (for tuberculosis) against their religious beliefs.
Who were born on April 11?
- 1862William Wallace Campbell, American astronomer (d. 1938)
- 1867Mark Keppel, Superintendent of Schools of Los Angeles County (d. 1928)
- 1907Paul Douglas, American actor (d. 1959)
- 1914Norman McLaren, Canadian film animator and director (d. 1987)
- 1938Kurt Moll, German bass
- 1946Bob Harris, British disc jockey and presenter
- 1946Laurie Faso, American actor and game show host
- 1951Paul Fox, English guitarist (The Ruts) (d. 2007)
- 1954Abdullah Atalar, Turkish scientist and academic
- 1964Bret Saberhagen, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.