April 11: Day of the Week
April 11, 2020 was the 102nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 264 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UOOAUVYJ? Check your answers here: Word scramble UOOAUVYJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1241Batu Khan defeats Béla IV of Hungary at the Battle of Muhi.
- 1775The last execution for witchcraft in Germany takes place.
- 1856Battle of Rivas: Juan Santamaria burns down the hostel where William Walker’s filibusters are holed up.
- 1876The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks is organized.
- 1919The International Labour Organization is founded.
- 1951Korean War: President Harry Truman relieves General of the Army Douglas MacArthur of overall command in Korea.
- 1952The Battle of Nanri Island takes place.
- 1961The trial of Adolf Eichmann begins in Jerusalem.
- 1987The London Agreement is secretly signed between Israeli Foreign Affairs Minister Shimon Peres and King Hussein of Jordan.
- 20072007 Algiers bombings: Two bombings in the Algerian capital of Algiers, kills 33 people and wounds a further 222 others.
Who were born on April 11?
- 1819Charles Hallé, German pianist and conductor (d. 1895)
- 1862Charles Evans Hughes, 11th Chief Justice of the United States (d. 1948)
- 1907Ivor Spencer-Thomas, English farmer and entrepreneur (d. 2001)
- 1932Joel Grey, American singer and actor
- 1939Louise Lasser, American actress
- 1955Michael Callen, American musician (d. 1993)
- 1974Ashot Danielyan, Armenian weightlifter
- 1980Mark Teixeira, American baseball player
- 1985Will Minson, Australian rules footballer
- 1987Joss Stone, English singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.