April 11: Day of the Week
April 11, 2019 was the 101st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 264 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Trinity’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 11 Historical Event(s)
- 491Flavius Anastasius becomes Byzantine Emperor, with the name of Anastasius I.
- 1241Batu Khan defeats Béla IV of Hungary at the Battle of Muhi.
- 1814The Treaty of Fontainebleau ends the War of the Sixth Coalition against Napoleon Bonaparte, and forces him to abdicate unconditionally for the first time.
- 1868Former Shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu surrenders Edo Castle to Imperial forces, marking the end of the Tokugawa shogunate.
- 1961The trial of Adolf Eichmann begins in Jerusalem.
- 1968President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Civil Rights Act of 1968, prohibiting discrimination in the sale, rental, and financing of housing.
- 1981A massive riot in Brixton, South London, results in almost 300 police injuries and 65 serious civilian injuries.
- 2001The detained crew of a United States EP-3E aircraft that landed in Hainan, China after a collision with a J-8 fighter is released.
- 2002The Ghriba synagogue bombing by Al Qaeda kills 21 in Tunisia.
- 2006Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announces that Iran has successfully enriched uranium.
Who were born on April 11?
- 1592John Eliot, English statesman (d. 1632)
- 1867Mark Keppel, Superintendent of Schools of Los Angeles County (d. 1928)
- 1908Leo Rosten, American humorist and author (d. 1997)
- 1931Koichi Sugiyama, Japanese composer
- 1941Ellen Goodman, American political columnist
- 1944John Milius, American director and writer
- 1946Laurie Faso, American actor and game show host
- 1947Meshach Taylor, American actor
- 1964Johann Sebastian Paetsch, American cellist
- 1979Chris Gaylor, American drummer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.