April 11: Day of the Week
April 11, 2018 was the 101st day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 264 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1079Bishop Stanislaus of Kraków is executed by order of Bolesław II of Poland.
- 1689William III and Mary II are crowned as joint sovereigns of Britain.
- 1713War of the Spanish Succession (Queen Anne’s War): Treaty of Utrecht.
- 1881Spelman College is founded in Atlanta, Georgia as the Atlanta Baptist Female Seminary, an institute of higher education for African-American women.
- 1888The Concertgebouw in Amsterdam is inaugurated.
- 1908SMS Blücher, the last armored cruiser to be built by the German Imperial Navy, launches.
- 1945World War II: American forces liberate the Buchenwald concentration camp.
- 1968President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Civil Rights Act of 1968, prohibiting discrimination in the sale, rental, and financing of housing.
- 1981A massive riot in Brixton, South London, results in almost 300 police injuries and 65 serious civilian injuries.
- 1987The London Agreement is secretly signed between Israeli Foreign Affairs Minister Shimon Peres and King Hussein of Jordan.
Who were born on April 11?
- 1869Kasturba Gandhi, Wife of Mohandas Gandhi (d. 1944)
- 1907Ivor Spencer-Thomas, English farmer and entrepreneur (d. 2001)
- 1917David Westheimer, American novelist (d. 2005)
- 1925Pierre Péladeau, Canadian businessman (d. 1997)
- 1951Paul Fox, English guitarist (The Ruts) (d. 2007)
- 1964Steve Azar, American singer-songwriter
- 1975Walid Soliman, Tunisian author
- 1978Tom Thacker, Canadian musician
- 1979Michel Riesen, Swiss ice hockey player
- 1994Dakota Blue Richards, English actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.