April 11: Day of the Week
April 11, 2019 was the 101st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 264 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lynne’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1079Bishop Stanislaus of Kraków is executed by order of Bolesław II of Poland.
- 1241Batu Khan defeats Béla IV of Hungary at the Battle of Muhi.
- 1856Battle of Rivas: Juan Santamaria burns down the hostel where William Walker’s filibusters are holed up.
- 1868Former Shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu surrenders Edo Castle to Imperial forces, marking the end of the Tokugawa shogunate.
- 1888The Concertgebouw in Amsterdam is inaugurated.
- 1951Korean War: President Harry Truman relieves General of the Army Douglas MacArthur of overall command in Korea.
- 1951The Stone of Scone, the stone upon which Scottish monarchs were traditionally crowned, is found on the site of the altar of Arbroath Abbey. It had been taken by Scottish nationalist students from its place in Westminster Abbey.
- 1957United Kingdom agrees to Singaporean self-rule.
- 1965The Palm Sunday tornado outbreak of 1965: Fifty-one tornadoes hit in six Midwestern states, killing 256 people.
- 1968President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Civil Rights Act of 1968, prohibiting discrimination in the sale, rental, and financing of housing.
Who were born on April 11?
- 1916Howard W. Koch, American film director (d. 2001)
- 1951Doris Angleton, American socialite (d. 1997)
- 1951James Patrick Kelly, American author
- 1955Micheal Ray Richardson, American basketball player
- 1962Vincent Gallo, American actor
- 1968Sergey Lukyanenko, Russian author
- 1978Tom Thacker, Canadian musician
- 1979María Elena Swett, Chilean actress
- 1986Stephanie Pratt, American reality TV personality
- 2002Alexa Gerasimovich, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.