April 11: Day of the Week
April 11, 2019 is the 101st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 264 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1814The Treaty of Fontainebleau ends the War of the Sixth Coalition against Napoleon Bonaparte, and forces him to abdicate unconditionally for the first time.
- 1868Former Shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu surrenders Edo Castle to Imperial forces, marking the end of the Tokugawa shogunate.
- 1876The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks is organized.
- 1908SMS Blücher, the last armored cruiser to be built by the German Imperial Navy, launches.
- 1919The International Labour Organization is founded.
- 1965The Palm Sunday tornado outbreak of 1965: Fifty-one tornadoes hit in six Midwestern states, killing 256 people.
- 2001The detained crew of a United States EP-3E aircraft that landed in Hainan, China after a collision with a J-8 fighter is released.
- 2002The Ghriba synagogue bombing by Al Qaeda kills 21 in Tunisia.
- 2006Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announces that Iran has successfully enriched uranium.
- 20112011 Minsk Metro bombing
Who were born on April 11?
- 1770George Canning, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1827)
- 1798Macedonio Melloni, Italian physicist (d. 1854)
- 1889Nick LaRocca, American musician (d. 1961)
- 1916Alberto Ginastera, Argentine composer (d. 1983)
- 1946Laurie Faso, American actor and game show host
- 1954Abdullah Atalar, Turkish scientist and academic
- 1974Àlex Corretja, Spanish tennis player
- 1979Michel Riesen, Swiss ice hockey player
- 1979Nazanin Afshin-Jam, Canadian beauty pageant winner
- 1982Danja, American record producer, composer, and songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.