April 11: Day of the Week
April 11, 2021 was the 101st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 264 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UVMTVBXAA? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters UVMTVBXAA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1727Premiere of Johann Sebastian Bach’s St Matthew Passion BWV 244b at the St. Thomas Church, Leipzig
- 1888The Concertgebouw in Amsterdam is inaugurated.
- 1919The International Labour Organization is founded.
- 1955The Air India Kashmir Princess is bombed and crashes in a failed assassination attempt on Zhou Enlai by the Kuomintang.
- 1961The trial of Adolf Eichmann begins in Jerusalem.
- 1979Ugandan dictator Idi Amin is deposed.
- 1981A massive riot in Brixton, South London, results in almost 300 police injuries and 65 serious civilian injuries.
- 1990Customs officers in Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom, say they have seized what they believe to be the barrel of a massive gun on a ship bound for Iraq.
- 2001The detained crew of a United States EP-3E aircraft that landed in Hainan, China after a collision with a J-8 fighter is released.
- 2006Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announces that Iran has successfully enriched uranium.
Who were born on April 11?
- 1908Masaru Ibuka, Japanese industrialist (d. 1997)
- 1914Norman McLaren, Canadian film animator and director (d. 1987)
- 1916Alberto Ginastera, Argentine composer (d. 1983)
- 1926Victor Bouchard, Quebec pianist and composer (d. 2011)
- 1946Bob Harris, British disc jockey and presenter
- 1961Doug Hopkins, American musician (d. 1993)
- 1974Anton Glanzelius, Swedish actor
- 1981Alessandra Ambrosio, Brazilian model
- 1994Dakota Blue Richards, English actress
- 2002Alexa Gerasimovich, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.