April 11: Day of the Week
April 11, 2020 was the 102nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 264 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Joseph’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 11 Historical Event(s)
- 491Flavius Anastasius becomes Byzantine Emperor, with the name of Anastasius I.
- 1809Battle of the Basque Roads Naval battle fought between France and the United Kingdom
- 1868Former Shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu surrenders Edo Castle to Imperial forces, marking the end of the Tokugawa shogunate.
- 1888The Concertgebouw in Amsterdam is inaugurated.
- 1919The International Labour Organization is founded.
- 1921Emir Abdullah establishes the first centralised government in the newly created British protectorate of Transjordan.
- 1945World War II: American forces liberate the Buchenwald concentration camp.
- 1955The Air India Kashmir Princess is bombed and crashes in a failed assassination attempt on Zhou Enlai by the Kuomintang.
- 1961The trial of Adolf Eichmann begins in Jerusalem.
- 2001The detained crew of a United States EP-3E aircraft that landed in Hainan, China after a collision with a J-8 fighter is released.
Who were born on April 11?
- 1755James Parkinson, English physician (d. 1824)
- 1810Henry Rawlinson, English scholar (d. 1895)
- 1908Leo Rosten, American humorist and author (d. 1997)
- 1910António de Spínola, Portuguese politician (d. 1996)
- 1930Nicholas Brady, American political figure, 68th Secretary of Treasury
- 1941Ellen Goodman, American political columnist
- 1953Andrew Wiles, British mathematician
- 1964Johann Sebastian Paetsch, American cellist
- 1978Tom Thacker, Canadian musician
- 1987Lights, Canadian singer-songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.