April 11: Day of the Week
April 11, 2019 was the 101st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 264 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
April 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1079Bishop Stanislaus of Kraków is executed by order of Bolesław II of Poland.
- 1512War of the League of Cambrai: French forces led by Gaston de Foix win the Battle of Ravenna.
- 1689William III and Mary II are crowned as joint sovereigns of Britain.
- 1713War of the Spanish Succession (Queen Anne’s War): Treaty of Utrecht.
- 1727Premiere of Johann Sebastian Bach’s St Matthew Passion BWV 244b at the St. Thomas Church, Leipzig
- 1809Battle of the Basque Roads Naval battle fought between France and the United Kingdom
- 1814The Treaty of Fontainebleau ends the War of the Sixth Coalition against Napoleon Bonaparte, and forces him to abdicate unconditionally for the first time.
- 1876The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks is organized.
- 1990Customs officers in Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom, say they have seized what they believe to be the barrel of a massive gun on a ship bound for Iraq.
- 2002The Ghriba synagogue bombing by Al Qaeda kills 21 in Tunisia.
Who were born on April 11?
- 1794Edward Everett, 15th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1865)
- 1819Charles Hallé, German pianist and conductor (d. 1895)
- 1869Kasturba Gandhi, Wife of Mohandas Gandhi (d. 1944)
- 1876Ivane Javakhishvili, Georgian historian (d. 1940)
- 1893Dean Acheson, American statesman (d. 1971)
- 1908Dan Maskell, English tennis commentator (d. 1992)
- 1952Peter Windsor, English motor racing journalist and reporter
- 1958Brynn Hartman, wife and murderer of comedian Phil Hartman (d. 1998)
- 1969Chisato Moritaka, Japanese singer
- 1982Danja, American record producer, composer, and songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.