April 11: Day of the Week
April 11, 2021 is the 101st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 264 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ITUKUBPRHUB? Check your answers here: Word scramble ITUKUBPRHUB. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1079Bishop Stanislaus of Kraków is executed by order of Bolesław II of Poland.
- 1241Batu Khan defeats Béla IV of Hungary at the Battle of Muhi.
- 1727Premiere of Johann Sebastian Bach’s St Matthew Passion BWV 244b at the St. Thomas Church, Leipzig
- 1809Battle of the Basque Roads Naval battle fought between France and the United Kingdom
- 1876The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks is organized.
- 1888The Concertgebouw in Amsterdam is inaugurated.
- 1945World War II: American forces liberate the Buchenwald concentration camp.
- 1968President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Civil Rights Act of 1968, prohibiting discrimination in the sale, rental, and financing of housing.
- 1970Apollo 13 is launched.
- 1979Ugandan dictator Idi Amin is deposed.
Who were born on April 11?
- 1374Roger Mortimer, 4th Earl of March (d. 1398)
- 1492Marguerite of Navarre, wife of Henry II of Navarre (d. 1549)
- 1592John Eliot, English statesman (d. 1632)
- 1827Mahatma Jyotirao Phule, Indian social reformer (d. 1890)
- 1852Cap Anson, American baseball player (d. 1922)
- 1873Edward Lawson, Scottish recipient of the Victoria Cross (d. 1955)
- 1876Paul Henry, Northern Irish artist (d. 1958)
- 1932Joel Grey, American singer and actor
- 1987Giuseppe Caccavallo, Italian footballer
- 2002Alexa Gerasimovich, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.