April 11: Day of the Week
April 11, 2021 was the 101st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 264 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters YONQOWEBYCF? Check your answers here: Unscramble words YONQOWEBYCF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1241Batu Khan defeats Béla IV of Hungary at the Battle of Muhi.
- 1512War of the League of Cambrai: French forces led by Gaston de Foix win the Battle of Ravenna.
- 1814The Treaty of Fontainebleau ends the War of the Sixth Coalition against Napoleon Bonaparte, and forces him to abdicate unconditionally for the first time.
- 1868Former Shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu surrenders Edo Castle to Imperial forces, marking the end of the Tokugawa shogunate.
- 1908SMS Blücher, the last armored cruiser to be built by the German Imperial Navy, launches.
- 1961The trial of Adolf Eichmann begins in Jerusalem.
- 1965The Palm Sunday tornado outbreak of 1965: Fifty-one tornadoes hit in six Midwestern states, killing 256 people.
- 1968President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Civil Rights Act of 1968, prohibiting discrimination in the sale, rental, and financing of housing.
- 1993450 prisoners rioted at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility in Lucasville, Ohio, and continued to do so for ten days, citing grievances related to prison conditions, as well as the forced vaccination of Nation of Islam prisoners (for tuberculosis) against their religious beliefs.
- 2006Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announces that Iran has successfully enriched uranium.
Who were born on April 11?
- 1722Christopher Smart, English poet (d. 1771)
- 1798Macedonio Melloni, Italian physicist (d. 1854)
- 1856Arthur Shrewsbury, English cricketer (d. 1903)
- 1869Gustav Vigeland, Norwegian sculptor (d. 1943)
- 1900Sandor Marai, Hungarian writer (d. 1989)
- 1935Richard Berry, American singer and composer (d. 1997)
- 1946Bob Harris, British disc jockey and presenter
- 1955Michael Callen, American musician (d. 1993)
- 1972Balls Mahoney, American professional wrestler
- 1979María Elena Swett, Chilean actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.