April 11: Day of the Week
April 11, 2021 was the 101st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 264 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OGMOZHUD? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters OGMOZHUD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1713War of the Spanish Succession (Queen Anne’s War): Treaty of Utrecht.
- 1856Battle of Rivas: Juan Santamaria burns down the hostel where William Walker’s filibusters are holed up.
- 1881Spelman College is founded in Atlanta, Georgia as the Atlanta Baptist Female Seminary, an institute of higher education for African-American women.
- 1908SMS Blücher, the last armored cruiser to be built by the German Imperial Navy, launches.
- 1921Emir Abdullah establishes the first centralised government in the newly created British protectorate of Transjordan.
- 1952The Battle of Nanri Island takes place.
- 1961The trial of Adolf Eichmann begins in Jerusalem.
- 1981A massive riot in Brixton, South London, results in almost 300 police injuries and 65 serious civilian injuries.
- 2001The detained crew of a United States EP-3E aircraft that landed in Hainan, China after a collision with a J-8 fighter is released.
- 2002Over two hundred thousand people marched in Caracas towards the Presidential Palace of Miraflores, to demand the resignation of president Hugo Chavez. 19 of the protesters are killed, and the Minister of Defense Gral. Lucas Rincon announced Hugo Chavez resignation on national TV.
Who were born on April 11?
- 1374Roger Mortimer, 4th Earl of March (d. 1398)
- 1856Arthur Shrewsbury, English cricketer (d. 1903)
- 1876Ivane Javakhishvili, Georgian historian (d. 1940)
- 1905József Attila, Hungarian poet (d. 1937)
- 1951James Patrick Kelly, American author
- 1974Zöe Lucker, British television actor
- 1980Keiji Tamada, Japanese footballer
- 1983Nicky Pastorelli, Dutch racing driver
- 1988Leland Irving, Canadian ice hockey goaltender
- 2000Morgan Lily, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.