April 11: Day of the Week
April 11, 2019 was the 101st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 264 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
April 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1079Bishop Stanislaus of Kraków is executed by order of Bolesław II of Poland.
- 1689William III and Mary II are crowned as joint sovereigns of Britain.
- 1713War of the Spanish Succession (Queen Anne’s War): Treaty of Utrecht.
- 1908SMS Blücher, the last armored cruiser to be built by the German Imperial Navy, launches.
- 1951Korean War: President Harry Truman relieves General of the Army Douglas MacArthur of overall command in Korea.
- 1951The Stone of Scone, the stone upon which Scottish monarchs were traditionally crowned, is found on the site of the altar of Arbroath Abbey. It had been taken by Scottish nationalist students from its place in Westminster Abbey.
- 1952The Battle of Nanri Island takes place.
- 1961The trial of Adolf Eichmann begins in Jerusalem.
- 1990Customs officers in Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom, say they have seized what they believe to be the barrel of a massive gun on a ship bound for Iraq.
- 2002Over two hundred thousand people marched in Caracas towards the Presidential Palace of Miraflores, to demand the resignation of president Hugo Chavez. 19 of the protesters are killed, and the Minister of Defense Gral. Lucas Rincon announced Hugo Chavez resignation on national TV.
Who were born on April 11?
- 1492Marguerite of Navarre, wife of Henry II of Navarre (d. 1549)
- 1769Jean Lannes, French marshal (d. 1809)
- 1916Alberto Ginastera, Argentine composer (d. 1983)
- 1935Richard Kuklinski, American mafia hitman (d. 2006)
- 1944John Milius, American director and writer
- 1946Laurie Faso, American actor and game show host
- 1949Bernd Eichinger, German film producer (d. 2011)
- 1950Tom Hill, English bass guitarist (Geordie)
- 1974Anton Glanzelius, Swedish actor
- 1987Joss Stone, English singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.