April 12: Day of the Week
April 12, 2021 was the 102nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 263 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZEOGHQIIJL? Check your answers here: Words with these letters ZEOGHQIIJL. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1820Alexander Ypsilantis is declared leader of Filiki Eteria, a secret organization to overthrow Ottoman rule over Greece.
- 1862American Civil War: The Andrews Raid (the Great Locomotive Chase) occurred, starting from Big Shanty, Georgia (now Kennesaw).
- 1864American Civil War: The Fort Pillow massacre: Confederate forces kill most of the African American soldiers that surrendered at Fort Pillow, Tennessee.
- 1910The SMS Zrinyi, one of the last pre-dreadnoughts built by the Austro-Hungarian Navy, is launched.
- 1955The polio vaccine, developed by Dr. Jonas Salk, is declared safe and effective.
- 1961The Russian (Soviet) cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin becomes the first human to travel into outer space and perform the first manned orbital flight, in Vostok 3KA-2 (Vostok 1).
- 1968Nerve gas accident at Skull Valley, Utah.
- 1970Soviet submarine K-8, carrying four nuclear torpedoes, sinks in the Bay of Biscay four days after a fire on board.
- 2002A female suicide bomber detonated at the entrance to Jerusalem’s Mahane Yehuda open-air market, killing 7 and wounding 104.
- 2010A train derails near Merano, Italy, after running into a landslide, causing nine deaths and injuring 28 people.
Who were born on April 12?
- 1796George N. Briggs, 19th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1861)
- 1839Nikolai Przhevalsky, Russian explorer (d. 1888)
- 1893Robert Harron, American actor (d. 1920)
- 1901Lowell Stockman, American representative (d. 1962)
- 1913Keiko Fukuda, Japanese-born American martial artist
- 1934Heinz Schneiter, Swiss footballer
- 1972Sebnem Ferah, Turkish singer
- 1976Brad Miller, American basketball player
- 1985Jeísa Chiminazzo, Brazilian model
- 1987Shawn Gore, Canadian football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.