April 12: Day of the Week
April 12, 2019 was the 102nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 263 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
April 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1606The Union Flag is adopted as the flag of Great Britain.
- 1862American Civil War: The Andrews Raid (the Great Locomotive Chase) occurred, starting from Big Shanty, Georgia (now Kennesaw).
- 1877The United Kingdom annexes the Transvaal.
- 1934The U.S. Auto-Lite Strike begins, culminating in a five-day melee between Ohio National Guard troops and 6,000 strikers and picketers.
- 1934The strongest surface wind gust in the world at 231 mph, is measured on the summit of Mount Washington, New Hampshire.
- 1955The polio vaccine, developed by Dr. Jonas Salk, is declared safe and effective.
- 1963The Soviet nuclear powered submarine K-33 collides with the Finnish merchant vessel M/S Finnclipper in the Danish straits.
- 1968Nerve gas accident at Skull Valley, Utah.
- 2007A suicide bomber penetrated the Green Zone and detonated in a cafeteria within a parliament building, killing Iraqi MP Mohammed Awad and wounding more than twenty other people.
- 2010A train derails near Merano, Italy, after running into a landslide, causing nine deaths and injuring 28 people.
Who were born on April 12?
- 1884Otto Meyerhof, Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine laureate (d. 1951)
- 1894Francisco Craveiro Lopes, 13th President of Portugal (d. 1964)
- 1903Jan Tinbergen, Dutch economist, Nobel laureate (d. 1994)
- 1928Hardy Krüger, German actor
- 1928Jean-François Paillard, French conductor
- 1948Sandra “Lois” Reeves, American singer
- 1950David Cassidy, American singer and actor
- 1967Sarah Cracknell, English singer
- 1977Glenn Rogers, Scottish cricketer
- 1977Sarah Jane Morris, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.