April 12: Day of the Week
April 12, 2018 was the 102nd day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 263 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 12 Historical Event(s)
- 467Anthemius is elevated to Emperor of the Western Roman Empire.
- 1831Soldiers marching on the Broughton Suspension Bridge in Manchester, England cause it to collapse.
- 1861American Civil War: The war begins with Confederate forces firing on Fort Sumter, in the harbor of Charleston, South Carolina.
- 1862American Civil War: The Andrews Raid (the Great Locomotive Chase) occurred, starting from Big Shanty, Georgia (now Kennesaw).
- 1934The U.S. Auto-Lite Strike begins, culminating in a five-day melee between Ohio National Guard troops and 6,000 strikers and picketers.
- 1945U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt dies while in office; vice-president Harry Truman is sworn in as the 33rd President.
- 1954Bill Haley & His Comets record “Rock Around the Clock” in New York City.
- 1955The polio vaccine, developed by Dr. Jonas Salk, is declared safe and effective.
- 1981The first launch of a Space Shuttle (Columbia) launches on the STS-1 mission.
- 2010A train derails near Merano, Italy, after running into a landslide, causing nine deaths and injuring 28 people.
Who were born on April 12?
- 1705William Cookworthy, English chemist (d. 1780)
- 1848José Gautier Benítez, Puerto Rican poet (d. 1880)
- 1916Russell Garcia, American composer for screen, stage and broadcast (d. 2011)
- 1925Joe Bowman, American sharpshooter, Hollywood consultant, bootmaker & master showman (d. 2009)
- 1946Ed O'Neill, American actor
- 1947Tom Clancy, American author
- 1956Andy García, Cuban-born actor
- 1965Kim Bodnia, Danish actor
- 1978Riley Smith, American actor
- 1979Jordan De Jong, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.