April 12: Day of the Week
April 12, 2019 was the 102nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 263 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Carole’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1557Cuenca is founded in Ecuador.
- 1776American Revolution: With the Halifax Resolves, the North Carolina Provincial Congress authorizes its Congressional delegation to vote for independence from Britain.
- 1820Alexander Ypsilantis is declared leader of Filiki Eteria, a secret organization to overthrow Ottoman rule over Greece.
- 1917World War I: Canadian forces successfully complete the taking of Vimy Ridge from the Germans.
- 1934The U.S. Auto-Lite Strike begins, culminating in a five-day melee between Ohio National Guard troops and 6,000 strikers and picketers.
- 1994Canter & Siegel post the first commercial mass Usenet spam.
- 1998An earthquake in Slovenia, measuring 5.6 on the Richter scale occurs near the town of Bovec.
- 1999US President Bill Clinton is cited for contempt of court for giving “intentionally false statements” in a sexual harassment civil lawsuit.
- 2002A female suicide bomber detonated at the entrance to Jerusalem’s Mahane Yehuda open-air market, killing 7 and wounding 104.
- 2010A train derails near Merano, Italy, after running into a landslide, causing nine deaths and injuring 28 people.
Who were born on April 12?
- 1868Akiyama Saneyuki, Japanese naval commander (d. 1918)
- 1933Montserrat Caballé, Spanish soprano
- 1941Bobby Moore, English footballer (d. 1993)
- 1948Jeremy Beadle, English television presenter (d. 2008)
- 1954Jon Krakauer, American author
- 1964Amy Ray, American musician
- 1965Tom O'Brien, American actor-producer
- 1972Paul Lo Duca, American baseball player
- 1980Erik Mongrain, Canadian musician
- 1994Saoirse Ronan, Irish actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.