April 12: Day of the Week
April 12, 2021 is the 102nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 263 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UAOBOVUM? Check your answers here: Word solver UAOBOVUM. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1204The Crusaders of the Fourth Crusade breach the walls of Constantinople and enter the city, which they completely occupy the following day.
- 1831Soldiers marching on the Broughton Suspension Bridge in Manchester, England cause it to collapse.
- 1877The United Kingdom annexes the Transvaal.
- 1910The SMS Zrinyi, one of the last pre-dreadnoughts built by the Austro-Hungarian Navy, is launched.
- 1927April 12 Incident: Chiang Kai-shek orders the Communist Party of China members executed in Shanghai, ending the First United Front.
- 1934The U.S. Auto-Lite Strike begins, culminating in a five-day melee between Ohio National Guard troops and 6,000 strikers and picketers.
- 1945U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt dies while in office; vice-president Harry Truman is sworn in as the 33rd President.
- 1955The polio vaccine, developed by Dr. Jonas Salk, is declared safe and effective.
- 1970Soviet submarine K-8, carrying four nuclear torpedoes, sinks in the Bay of Biscay four days after a fire on board.
- 1994Canter & Siegel post the first commercial mass Usenet spam.
Who were born on April 12?
- 1713Guillaume Thomas François Raynal, French writer (d. 1796)
- 1823Alexander Ostrovsky, Russian dramatist (d. 1886)
- 1883Dally Messenger, Australian rugby league footballer (d. 1959)
- 1887Harold Lockwood, American actor (d. 1918)
- 1940John Hagee, American pastor and televangelist
- 1944John Kay, German-born musician
- 1947David Letterman, American talk show host
- 1948Jeremy Beadle, English television presenter (d. 2008)
- 1961Charles Mann, American football player
- 1986Blerim Džemaili, Swiss footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.