April 12: Day of the Week
April 12, 2022 was the 102nd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 263 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IXOABCOPU? Check your answers here: Word search IXOABCOPU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1204The Crusaders of the Fourth Crusade breach the walls of Constantinople and enter the city, which they completely occupy the following day.
- 1557Cuenca is founded in Ecuador.
- 1877The United Kingdom annexes the Transvaal.
- 1961The Russian (Soviet) cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin becomes the first human to travel into outer space and perform the first manned orbital flight, in Vostok 3KA-2 (Vostok 1).
- 1968Nerve gas accident at Skull Valley, Utah.
- 1970Soviet submarine K-8, carrying four nuclear torpedoes, sinks in the Bay of Biscay four days after a fire on board.
- 1981The first launch of a Space Shuttle (Columbia) launches on the STS-1 mission.
- 1990Jim Gary’s “Twentieth Century Dinosaurs” exhibition opens at the Smithsonian Institution National Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C.
- 1994Canter & Siegel post the first commercial mass Usenet spam.
- 2010A train derails near Merano, Italy, after running into a landslide, causing nine deaths and injuring 28 people.
Who were born on April 12?
- 1550Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford, English politician (d. 1604)
- 1871Ioannis Metaxas, Greek general and dictator (d. 1941)
- 1907Hardie Gramatky, American author and animator (d. 1979)
- 1952Reuben Gant, American professional football player
- 1961Lisa Gerrard, Australian musician
- 1962Takada Nobuhiko, Japanese wrestler
- 1972Dimitrios Kokotis, Greek high jumper
- 1979Jordan De Jong, American baseball player
- 1985Hitomi Yoshizawa, Japanese singer
- 1987Shawn Gore, Canadian football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.