April 12: Day of the Week
April 12, 2019 was the 102nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 263 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Daryl’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 12 Historical Event(s)
- 467Anthemius is elevated to Emperor of the Western Roman Empire.
- 1204The Crusaders of the Fourth Crusade breach the walls of Constantinople and enter the city, which they completely occupy the following day.
- 1865American Civil War: Mobile, Alabama, falls to the Union Army.
- 1934The U.S. Auto-Lite Strike begins, culminating in a five-day melee between Ohio National Guard troops and 6,000 strikers and picketers.
- 1934The strongest surface wind gust in the world at 231 mph, is measured on the summit of Mount Washington, New Hampshire.
- 1954Bill Haley & His Comets record “Rock Around the Clock” in New York City.
- 1963The Soviet nuclear powered submarine K-33 collides with the Finnish merchant vessel M/S Finnclipper in the Danish straits.
- 1990Jim Gary’s “Twentieth Century Dinosaurs” exhibition opens at the Smithsonian Institution National Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C.
- 2002A female suicide bomber detonated at the entrance to Jerusalem’s Mahane Yehuda open-air market, killing 7 and wounding 104.
- 2010A train derails near Merano, Italy, after running into a landslide, causing nine deaths and injuring 28 people.
Who were born on April 12?
- 599 BCMahavira, the 24th Tirthankara of Jainism (d. 527 BC)
- 1550Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford, English politician (d. 1604)
- 1713Guillaume Thomas François Raynal, French writer (d. 1796)
- 1928Hardy Krüger, German actor
- 1932Lakshman Kadirgamar, Sri Lankan politician (d. 2005)
- 1932Tiny Tim, American musician (d. 1996)
- 1933Montserrat Caballé, Spanish soprano
- 1934Heinz Schneiter, Swiss footballer
- 1939Alan Ayckbourn, English writer
- 1973J. Scott Campbell, American comic book artist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.