April 14: Day of the Week
April 14, 2019 was the 104th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 261 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Homer’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 14 Historical Event(s)
- 966After his marriage to the Christian Dobrawa of Bohemia, the pagan ruler of the Polans, Mieszko I, converts to Christianity, an event considered to be the founding of the Polish state.
- 1205Battle of Adrianople between Bulgarians and Crusaders.
- 1639Imperial forces are defeated by the Swedes at the Battle of Chemnitz. The Swedish victory prolongs the Thirty Year’s War and allows them to advance into Bohemia.
- 1775The first abolition society in North America is established. The Society for the Relief of Free Negroes Unlawfully Held in Bondage is organized in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by Benjamin Franklin and Benjamin Rush.
- 1865U.S. Secretary of State William H. Seward and his family are attacked in his home by Lewis Powell.
- 1881The Four Dead in Five Seconds Gunfight is fought in El Paso, Texas.
- 1931First edition of the Highway Code published in Great Britain.
- 1935“Black Sunday Storm”, the worst dust storm of the U.S. Dust Bowl.
- 1969At the U.S. Academy Awards there is a tie for the Academy Award for Best Actress between Katharine Hepburn and Barbra Streisand.
- 2002Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez returns to office two days after being ousted and arrested by the country’s military.
Who were born on April 14?
- 1572Adam Tanner, Austrian mathematician (d. 1632)
- 1738William Cavendish-Bentinck, 3rd Duke of Portland, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1809)
- 1882Moritz Schlick, Austrian philosopher, (d. 1936)
- 1927Dany Robin, French actress (d. 1995)
- 1953David Buss, Evolutionary psychologist
- 1966Greg Maddux, American baseball player
- 1969Mark Macon, American basketball player
- 1970Steve Avery, American baseball player
- 1984Adán Sánchez, American singer (d. 2004)
- 1986Matt Derbyshire, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.