April 15: Day of the Week
April 15, 2020 was the 106th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 260 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OIDRAFBEZ? Check your answers here: Word scramble OIDRAFBEZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1071Bari, the last Byzantine possession in southern Italy, is surrendered to Robert Guiscard.
- 1638Tokugawa shogunate forces put down the Shimabara Rebellion when they retake Hara Castle from the rebels.
- 1802William Wordsworth and his sister, Dorothy see a “long belt” of daffodils, inspiring the former to pen I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud.
- 1892The General Electric Company is formed.
- 1900Philippine–American War: Filipino guerrillas launch a surprise attack on U.S. infantry and begin a four-day siege of Catubig, Philippines.
- 1941In the Belfast Blitz, two-hundred bombers of the German Air Force (Luftwaffe) attack Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom killing one thousand people.
- 1945The Bergen-Belsen concentration camp is liberated.
- 1970During the Cambodian Civil War, massacres of the Vietnamese minority results in 800 bodies flowing down the Mekong River into South Vietnam.
- 1979A disastrous earthquake (of M 7.1) occurs on Montenegro coast.
- 1989Upon Hu Yaobang’s death, the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 begin in the People’s Republic of China.
Who were born on April 15?
- 1793Friedrich Georg Wilhelm von Struve, German astronomer (d. 1864)
- 1901Joe Davis, English snooker player (d. 1978)
- 1922Harold Washington, American politician (d. 1987)
- 1933Elizabeth Montgomery, American actress (d. 1995)
- 1942Kenneth Lay, American businessman (d. 2006)
- 1952Brian Muir, British sculptor and creator of Darth Vader
- 1967Dara Torres, American swimmer
- 1978Austin Aries, American wrestler
- 1983Dudu Cearense, Brazilian footballer
- 1983Matt Cardle, British singer/songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.