April 15: Day of the Week
April 15, 2022 was the 105th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 260 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XKUHEPIOSQROJ? Check your answers here: Word solver XKUHEPIOSQROJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1071Bari, the last Byzantine possession in southern Italy, is surrendered to Robert Guiscard.
- 1450Battle of Formigny: Toward the end of the Hundred Years’ War, the French attack and nearly annihilate English forces, ending English domination in Northern France.
- 1738Premiere in London, England, Great Britain of Serse, an Italian opera by George Frideric Handel.
- 1802William Wordsworth and his sister, Dorothy see a “long belt” of daffodils, inspiring the former to pen I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud.
- 1896Closing ceremony of the Games of the I Olympiad in Athens, Greece.
- 1920Two security guards are murdered during a robbery in South Braintree, Massachusetts. Anarchists Sacco and Vanzetti would be convicted of and executed for the crime, amid much controversy.
- 1924Rand McNally publishes its first road atlas.
- 1940The Allies begin their attack on the Norwegian town of Narvik which is occupied by Nazi Germany.
- 1955McDonald’s restaurant dates its founding to the opening of a franchised restaurant by Ray Kroc, in Des Plaines, Illinois
- 1989Upon Hu Yaobang’s death, the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 begin in the People’s Republic of China.
Who were born on April 15?
- 1935Stavros Paravas, Greek actor
- 1936Raymond Poulidor, French cyclist
- 1952Brian Muir, British sculptor and creator of Darth Vader
- 1965Linda Perry, American musician
- 1971Jason Sehorn, American football player
- 1974Douglas Spain, American actor
- 1974Tim Thomas, American ice hockey player
- 1981Andrés D'Alessandro, Argentine football player
- 1982Anthony Green, American musician
- 1987Sapphire Elia, English actres
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.