April 15: Day of the Week
April 15, 2020 is the 106th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 260 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Meghan’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1632Battle of Rain; Swedes under Gustavus Adolphus defeat the Holy Roman Empire during the Thirty Years’ War.
- 1638Tokugawa shogunate forces put down the Shimabara Rebellion when they retake Hara Castle from the rebels.
- 1738Premiere in London, England, Great Britain of Serse, an Italian opera by George Frideric Handel.
- 1912The British passenger liner, the RMS Titanic, sinks in the North Atlantic at 2:20 a.m., two and a half hours after hitting an iceberg. 1,517 people are killed.
- 1923Insulin becomes generally available for use by people with diabetes.
- 1945The Bergen-Belsen concentration camp is liberated.
- 1960At Shaw University in Raleigh, North Carolina, Ella Baker leads a conference that results in the creation of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee, one of the principal organizations of the African-American Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s.
- 1970During the Cambodian Civil War, massacres of the Vietnamese minority results in 800 bodies flowing down the Mekong River into South Vietnam.
- 1989Hillsborough disaster: A human crush occurs at Hillsborough Stadium, home of Sheffield Wednesday, in the FA Cup Semi Final, resulting in the deaths of 96 Liverpool fans.
- 1994Representatives of 124 countries and the European Communities sign the Marrakesh Agreements revising the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade and initiating the World Trade Organization (effective January 1, 1995).
Who were born on April 15?
- 1688Johann Friedrich Fasch, German composer (d. 1758)
- 1892Theo Osterkamp, World War I and World War II German fighter pilot (d. 1975)
- 1894Nikita Khrushchev, Premier of the Soviet Union (d. 1971)
- 1904Arshile Gorky, Armenian artist (d. 1948)
- 1923Robert DePugh, American anti-Communist activist (d. 2009)
- 1949Craig Zadan, American film producer
- 1974Keith Malley, American comedian and podcaster (Keith and The Girl)
- 1983Blu (rapper), American rapper and producer
- 1983Martin Pedersen, Danish professional cyclist
- 1988Thomas Albanese, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.