April 15: Day of the Week
April 15, 2019 was the 105th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 260 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
April 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1632Battle of Rain; Swedes under Gustavus Adolphus defeat the Holy Roman Empire during the Thirty Years’ War.
- 1638Tokugawa shogunate forces put down the Shimabara Rebellion when they retake Hara Castle from the rebels.
- 1783Preliminary articles of peace ending the American Revolutionary War (or American War of Independence) are ratified.
- 1920Two security guards are murdered during a robbery in South Braintree, Massachusetts. Anarchists Sacco and Vanzetti would be convicted of and executed for the crime, amid much controversy.
- 1921Black Friday: mine owners announce more wage and price cuts, leading to the threat of a strike all across England.
- 1943An Allied bomber attack misses the Minerva automobile factory and hits the Belgian town of Mortsel instead, killing 936 civilians.
- 1947Jackie Robinson debuts for the Brooklyn Dodgers, breaking baseball’s color line.
- 1955McDonald’s restaurant dates its founding to the opening of a franchised restaurant by Ray Kroc, in Des Plaines, Illinois
- 1979A disastrous earthquake (of M 7.1) occurs on Montenegro coast.
- 1989Upon Hu Yaobang’s death, the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 begin in the People’s Republic of China.
Who were born on April 15?
- 1642Suleiman II, Ottoman Sultan (d. 1691)
- 1684Empress Catherine I of Russia (d. 1727)
- 1874George Harrison Shull, American plant geneticist (d. 1954)
- 1920Richard von Weizsäcker, President of Germany
- 1953Rodi Kratsa-Tsagaropoulou, Greek politician
- 1975Paul Dana, American race car driver (d. 2006)
- 1980James Foster, English cricketer
- 1983Bronson La'Cassie, Australian professional golfer
- 1983Dudu Cearense, Brazilian footballer
- 1986Tom Heaton, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.