April 16: Day of the Week
April 16, 2020 is the 107th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 259 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Max’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 16 Historical Event(s)
- 1521Martin Luther’s first appearance before the Diet of Worms to be examined by the Holy Roman Emperor Charles V and the other estates of the empire.
- 1847The accidental shooting of a Māori by an English sailor results in the opening of the Wanganui Campaign of the New Zealand land wars.
- 1853The first passenger rail opens in India, from Bori Bunder, Bombay to Thane.
- 1862American Civil War: The Battle at Lee’s Mills in Virginia.
- 1863American Civil War: The Siege of Vicksburg – ships led by Union Admiral David Dixon Porter move through heavy Confederate artillery fire on approach to Vicksburg, Mississippi.
- 1912Harriet Quimby becomes the first woman to fly an airplane across the English Channel.
- 1945The United States Army liberates Nazi Sonderlager (high security) prisoner-of-war camp Oflag IV-C (better known as Colditz).
- 1947Bernard Baruch coins the term “Cold War” to describe the relationship between the United States and the Soviet Union.
- 1947Texas City Disaster: An explosion on board a freighter in port causes the city of Texas City, Texas, to catch fire, killing almost 600.
- 1992The Katina P. runs aground off of Maputo, Mozambique and 60,000 tons of crude oil spill into the ocean.
Who were born on April 16?
- 1867Wilbur Wright, American aviation pioneer (d. 1912)
- 1878Tip Foster, English cricketer (d. 1914)
- 1889Charlie Chaplin, English actor and filmmaker (d. 1977)
- 1895Robert Dean Frisbie, American writer (d. 1948)
- 1951Mordechai Ben David, American Yiddish singer
- 1965Jon Cryer, American actor
- 1965Michael Wong Man Tak, Hong Kong actor and director
- 1970Walt Williams, American basketball player
- 1971Max Beesley, English musician and actor
- 1990Lorraine Nicholson, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.