April 16: Day of the Week
April 16, 2019 was the 106th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 259 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Sofia’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 16 Historical Event(s)
- 1178 BCThe calculated date of the Greek king Odysseus’ return home from the Trojan War.
- 1521Martin Luther’s first appearance before the Diet of Worms to be examined by the Holy Roman Emperor Charles V and the other estates of the empire.
- 1853The first passenger rail opens in India, from Bori Bunder, Bombay to Thane.
- 1908Natural Bridges National Monument is established in Utah.
- 1922The Treaty of Rapallo, pursuant to which Germany and the Soviet Union re-establish diplomatic relations, is signed.
- 1945The Red Army begins the final assault on German forces around Berlin, with nearly one million troops fighting in the Battle of the Seelow Heights.
- 1953Queen Elizabeth II launches the Royal Yacht Ship HMY.
- 1962Walter Cronkite takes over as the lead news anchor of the CBS Evening News, during which time he would become “the most trusted man in America”.
- 1972Apollo program: The launch of Apollo 16 from Cape Canaveral, Florida.
- 2007Virginia Tech massacre: The deadliest spree killing in modern American history. Seung-Hui Cho, kills 32 and injures 23 before committing suicide.
Who were born on April 16?
- 778King Louis the Pious (d. 840)
- 1907Joseph-Armand Bombardier, Canadian inventor and businessman (d. 1964)
- 1940Benoît Bouchard, Canadian politician
- 1969Fernando Viña, American baseball player
- 1973Bonnie Pink, Japanese singer
- 1978Matthew Lloyd, Australian rules footballer
- 1984Noah Fleiss, American actor
- 1986Paul di Resta, British racing driver
- 1990Lily Loveless, British actress
- 1992Prince Sébastien of Luxembourg
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.