April 18: Day of the Week
April 18, 2019 was the 108th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 257 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Wyatt’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 18 Historical Event(s)
- 1848American victory at the battle of Cerro Gordo opens the way for invasion of Mexico.
- 1857“The Spirits Book” by Allan Kardec is published, marking the birth of Spiritualism in France.
- 1899The St. Andrew’s Ambulance Association is granted a Royal Charter by Queen Victoria.
- 1924Simon & Schuster publishes the first crossword puzzle book.
- 1946The International Court of Justice holds its inaugural meeting in The Hague, Netherlands.
- 1961The Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, a cornerstone of modern international relations, is adopted.
- 1980The Republic of Zimbabwe (formerly Rhodesia) comes into being, with Canaan Banana as the country’s first President. The Zimbabwe Dollar replaces the Rhodesian Dollar as the official currency.
- 1981The longest professional baseball game is begun in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. The game is suspended at 4:00 the next morning and finally completed on June 23.
- 1988The United States launches Operation Praying Mantis against Iranian naval forces in the largest naval battle since World War II.
- 1992General Abdul Rashid Dostum revolts against President Mohammad Najibullah of the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan and allies with Ahmed Shah Massoud to capture Kabul.
Who were born on April 18?
- 1590Ahmed I, Ottoman Emperor (d. 1617)
- 1942Robert Christgau, American music critic
- 1947Jerzy Stuhr, Polish film director and actor
- 1951Pierre Pettigrew, Canadian politician
- 1961Steve Lombardi, American wrestler
- 1972Rosa Clemente, American activist and hip-hop artist
- 1979Nuria Fergó, Spanish singer
- 1986Conrad Logan, Irish footballer
- 1989Alia Shawkat, American actress
- 1990Wojciech Szczęsny, Polish footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.