April 2: Day of the Week
April 2, 2019 was the 92nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 273 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
April 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1917World War I: President Woodrow Wilson asks the U.S. Congress for a declaration of war on Germany.
- 1930After the mysterious death of Empress Zewditu, Haile Selassie is proclaimed emperor of Ethiopia.
- 1945Diplomatic relations between the Soviet Union and Brazil are established.
- 1972Actor Charlie Chaplin returns to the United States for the first time since being labeled a communist during the Red Scare in the early 1950s.
- 1975Construction of the CN Tower is completed in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It reaches 553.33 m in height, becoming the world’s tallest free-standing structure.
- 1980President Jimmy Carter signs the Crude Oil Windfall Profits Tax Act in an effort to help the U.S. economy rebound.
- 1984Squadron Leader Rakesh Sharma is launched aboard Soyuz T-11, and becomes the first Indian in space.
- 1992In New York, Mafia boss John Gotti is convicted of murder and racketeering and is later sentenced to life in prison.
- 2002Israeli forces surround the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem into which armed Palestinians had retreated. A siege ensues.
- 2004Islamist terrorists involved in the 11 March 2004 Madrid attacks attempt to bomb the Spanish high-speed train AVE near Madrid. Their attack is thwarted.
Who were born on April 2?
- 1618Francesco Maria Grimaldi, Italian mathematician and physicist (d. 1663)
- 1647Maria Sibylla Merian, German botanist (d. 1717)
- 1653Prince George of Denmark, prince consort of Anne of England (d. 1708)
- 1891Max Ernst, German painter (d. 1976)
- 1933György Konrád, Hungarian Jewish author, sociologist, essayist
- 1942Roshan Seth, Indian actor
- 1947Sam Anderson, American actor
- 1952Pat Drummond, Australian singer-songwriter
- 1966Bill Romanowski, American football player
- 1990Amy Castle, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.