April 2: Day of the Week
April 2, 2020 was the 93rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 273 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Susie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1755Commodore William James captures the pirate fortress of Suvarnadurg on west coast of India.
- 1792The Coinage Act is passed establishing the United States Mint.
- 1851Rama IV is crowned King of Thailand.
- 1863Richmond Bread Riot: Food shortages incite hundreds of angry women to riot in Richmond, Virginia and demand that the Confederate government release emergency supplies.
- 1902“Electric Theatre”, the first full-time movie theater in the United States, opens in Los Angeles, California.
- 1930After the mysterious death of Empress Zewditu, Haile Selassie is proclaimed emperor of Ethiopia.
- 1972Actor Charlie Chaplin returns to the United States for the first time since being labeled a communist during the Red Scare in the early 1950s.
- 1982Falklands War: Argentina invades the Falkland Islands.
- 1989Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev arrives in Havana, Cuba to meet with Fidel Castro in an attempt to mend strained relations.
- 2004Islamist terrorists involved in the 11 March 2004 Madrid attacks attempt to bomb the Spanish high-speed train AVE near Madrid. Their attack is thwarted.
Who were born on April 2?
- 1867Eugen Sandow, German bodybuilder and circus performer (d. 1925)
- 1930Roddy Maude-Roxby, English actor
- 1940Penelope Keith, English actress
- 1953Jim Allister, Northern Irish politician
- 1955Michael Stone, British terrorist
- 1961Christopher Meloni, American actor
- 1962Pierre Carles, French documentarist
- 1969Ajay Devgan, Indian actor
- 1983Paul Capdeville, Chilean tennis player
- 1985Stéphane Lambiel, Swiss figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.