April 2: Day of the Week
April 2, 2020 was the 93rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 273 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TBEVADDNOUPF? Check your answers here: Word scramble TBEVADDNOUPF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1851Rama IV is crowned King of Thailand.
- 1865American Civil War: Confederate President Jefferson Davis and most of his Cabinet flee the Confederate capital of Richmond, Virginia.
- 1865American Civil War: The Siege of Petersburg is broken – Union troops capture the trenches around Petersburg, Virginia, forcing Confederate General Robert E. Lee to retreat.
- 1885Cree warriors attacked the village of Frog Lake, North-West Territories, Canada, killing 9.
- 1956As the World Turns and The Edge of Night premiere on CBS-TV. The two soaps become the first daytime dramas to debut in the 30-minute format.
- 1973The Liberal Movement breaks away from the Liberal and Country League in South Australia.
- 1975Construction of the CN Tower is completed in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It reaches 553.33 m in height, becoming the world’s tallest free-standing structure.
- 1975Vietnam War: Thousands of civilian refugees flee from the Quang Ngai Province in front of advancing North Vietnamese troops.
- 1991Rita Johnston becomes the first female Premier of a Canadian province when she succeeds William Vander Zalm (who had resigned) as Premier of British Columbia.
- 1992In New York, Mafia boss John Gotti is convicted of murder and racketeering and is later sentenced to life in prison.
Who were born on April 2?
- 1545Elisabeth of Valois, third wife of Philip II of Spain (d. 1568)
- 1945Don Sutton, American baseball player
- 1946Kurt Winter, Canadian guitarist (The Guess Who) (d. 1997)
- 1961Keren Woodward, English singer (Bananarama)
- 1963Mike Gascoyne, British engineer
- 1973Tine Wittler, German TV presenter and writer
- 1975Adam Rodriguez, American actor
- 1982Bianca Chatfield, Australian netballer
- 1982Jeremy Bloom, American skier and football player
- 1990Jeffery Johnson, Jr., American rapper
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.