April 20: Day of the Week
April 20, 2020 was the 111st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 255 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BCDIREFIHIXY? Check your answers here: Word search BCDIREFIHIXY. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1323The University of Rome La Sapienza is instituted by Pope Boniface VIII.
- 1453The last naval battle in Byzantine history occurs, as three Genoese galleys escorting a Byzantine transport fight their way through the huge Ottoman blockade fleet and into the Golden Horn.
- 1792France declares war on Austria, the beginning of French Revolutionary Wars.
- 1810The Governor of Caracas declares independence from Spain.
- 1876The April Uprising, a key point in modern Bulgarian history, leading to the Russo-Turkish War and the liberation of Bulgaria from domination as an independent part of the Ottoman Empire.
- 1912Opening day for baseball’s Tiger Stadium in Detroit, Michigan, and Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts.
- 191419 men, women, and children die in the Ludlow Massacre during a Colorado coal-miner’s strike.
- 1918Manfred von Richthofen, aka The Red Baron, shoots down his 79th and 80th victims, his final victories before his death the following day.
- 1945World War II: US troops capture Leipzig, Germany, only to later cede the city to the Soviet Union.
- 1946The League of Nations officially dissolves, giving most of its power to the United Nations.
Who were born on April 20?
- 1908Lionel Hampton, American musician (d. 2002)
- 1925Ernie Stautner, German-born American football player (d. 2006)
- 1927Phil Hill, American race car driver (d. 2008)
- 1943Edie Sedgwick, American actress (d. 1971)
- 1951Luther Vandross, American singer (d. 2005)
- 1952Louka Katseli, Greek Minister for Labour and Social Security
- 1961Nicholas Lyndhurst, British actor
- 1967Lara Jill Miller, American actress
- 1975Benjamin Butler (artist), painter
- 1983Patrice M'Bock, Cameroonian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.