April 20: Day of the Week
April 20, 2022 was the 110th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 255 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ADIYQEOUG? Check your answers here: Word search ADIYQEOUG. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1323The University of Rome La Sapienza is instituted by Pope Boniface VIII.
- 1534Jacques Cartier begins the voyage during which he discovers Canada and Labrador.
- 1653Oliver Cromwell dissolves the Rump Parliament.
- 1657Freedom of religion is granted to the Jews of New Amsterdam (later New York City).
- 1689The former King James II of England, now deposed, lays siege to Derry.
- 1770The Georgian king Erekle II, abandoned by his Russian ally Count Totleben, wins a victory over Ottoman forces at Aspindza.
- 1918Manfred von Richthofen, aka The Red Baron, shoots down his 79th and 80th victims, his final victories before his death the following day.
- 1939Billie Holiday records the first Civil Rights song “Strange Fruit”.
- 1961Failure of the Bay of Pigs Invasion of US-backed troops against Cuba.
- 1964BBC Two launches with a power cut because of the fire at Battersea Power Station.
Who were born on April 20?
- 1718David Brainerd, American missionary (d. 1747)
- 1870Maulvi Abdul Haq, Pakistani scholar (d. 1961)
- 1920John Paul Stevens, American jurist
- 1943John Eliot Gardiner, English conductor
- 1945Steve Spurrier, American football player and coach
- 1949Massimo D'Alema, 76th Prime Minister of Italy
- 1949Toller Cranston, Canadian figure skater and artist
- 1961Don Mattingly, American baseball player
- 1963Aubrey de Grey, British biomedical gerontologist
- 1976Chris Mason, Canadian ice hockey goaltender
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.