April 20: Day of the Week
April 20, 2018 was the 110th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 255 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1453The last naval battle in Byzantine history occurs, as three Genoese galleys escorting a Byzantine transport fight their way through the huge Ottoman blockade fleet and into the Golden Horn.
- 1653Oliver Cromwell dissolves the Rump Parliament.
- 1657Freedom of religion is granted to the Jews of New Amsterdam (later New York City).
- 1775American Revolutionary War: the Siege of Boston begins, following the battles at Lexington and Concord.
- 1810The Governor of Caracas declares independence from Spain.
- 1861American Civil War: Robert E. Lee resigns his commission in the United States Army in order to command the forces of the state of Virginia.
- 1945World War II: US troops capture Leipzig, Germany, only to later cede the city to the Soviet Union.
- 1980Climax of Berber Spring in Algeria as hundreds of Berber political activists are arrested.
- 1998German terrorist group the Red Army Faction announces their dissolution after 28 years.
- 2008Danica Patrick wins the Indy Japan 300 becoming the first female driver in history to win an Indy car race.
Who were born on April 20?
- 1745Philippe Pinel, French physician (d. 1826)
- 1818Heinrich Göbel, German-born inventor (d. 1893)
- 1923Mother Angelica, American nun and broadcaster
- 1925Ernie Stautner, German-born American football player (d. 2006)
- 1939Peter S. Beagle, American author
- 1945Judith O'Dea, American actress
- 1948Gregory Itzin, American actor
- 1965April March, American musician
- 1965Kostas Hatzidakis, Greek politician
- 1986Cameron Duncan, New Zealand director (d. 2003)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.