April 22: Day of the Week
April 22, 2019 was the 112nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 253 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Alison’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1500Portuguese navigator Pedro Álvares Cabral lands in Brazil.
- 1529Treaty of Saragossa divides the eastern hemisphere between Spain and Portugal along a line 297.5 leagues or 17° east of the Moluccas.
- 1836Texas Revolution: A day after the Battle of San Jacinto, forces under Texas General Sam Houston capture Mexican General Antonio López de Santa Anna.
- 1864The U.S. Congress passes the Coinage Act of 1864 that mandates that the inscription In God We Trust be placed on all coins minted as United States currency.
- 1944The 1st Air Commando Group using Sikorsky R-4 helicopters stage the first use of helicopters in combat with CSAR operations in the China-Burma-India theater.
- 1945World War II: Prisoners at the Jasenovac concentration camp revolt. 520 are killed and 80 escape.
- 1954Red Scare: Witnesses begin testifying and live television coverage of the Army-McCarthy Hearings begins.
- 1964The 1964-1965 New York World’s Fair opens for its first season.
- 1970The first Earth Day is celebrated.
- 1998Disney’s Animal Kingdom opens at Walt Disney World near Orlando, Florida, United States.
Who were born on April 22?
- 1592Wilhelm Schickard, German mathematician who invented a calculating machine (d. 1635)
- 1946Louise Harel, Canadian politician
- 1959Terry Francona, American baseball manager
- 1965Peter Zezel, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1967Sherri Shepherd, American comedian and actress
- 1973Brian Marshall, American bassist (Creed)
- 1973Christopher Sabat, American voice actor
- 1978Esteban Tuero, Argentinian race car driver
- 1980Nicolas Douchez, French footballer
- 1987David Luiz, Brazilian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.