April 22: Day of the Week
April 22, 2021 is the 112th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 253 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QEQVQOUJ? Check your answers here: Word finder QEQVQOUJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1836Texas Revolution: A day after the Battle of San Jacinto, forces under Texas General Sam Houston capture Mexican General Antonio López de Santa Anna.
- 1863American Civil War: Grierson’s Raid begins – troops under Union Army Colonel Benjamin Grierson attack central Mississippi.
- 1912Tsinghua University, one of mainland China’s leading universities, is founded.
- 1944The 1st Air Commando Group using Sikorsky R-4 helicopters stage the first use of helicopters in combat with CSAR operations in the China-Burma-India theater.
- 1944World War II: Operation Persecution is initiated – Allied forces land in the Hollandia (currently known as Jayapura) area of New Guinea.
- 1970The first Earth Day is celebrated.
- 1992In an explosion in Guadalajara, Mexico, 206 people are killed, nearly 500 injured and 15,000 left homeless.
- 1997Haouch Khemisti massacre in Algeria – 93 villagers killed.
- 1997The Japanese embassy hostage crisis ends in Lima, Peru.
- 2000The Big Number Change takes place in the United Kingdom.
Who were born on April 22?
- 1592Wilhelm Schickard, German mathematician who invented a calculating machine (d. 1635)
- 1744James Sullivan, 7th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1808)
- 1923Aaron Spelling, American television producer (d. 2006)
- 1930Enno Penno, Estonian politician
- 1939Mel Carter, American singer
- 1946Paul Davies, English physicist, writer and broadcaster
- 1950Peter Frampton, English musician
- 1966Mariana Levy, Mexican actress (d. 2005)
- 1970Andrea Giani, Italian volleyball player
- 1978Jason Stollsteimer, American singer (The Von Bondies)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.