April 22: Day of the Week
April 22, 2019 was the 112nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 253 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Juliana’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1529Treaty of Saragossa divides the eastern hemisphere between Spain and Portugal along a line 297.5 leagues or 17° east of the Moluccas.
- 1809The second day of the Battle of Eckmühl: the Austrian army is defeated by the First French Empire army led by Napoleon I of France and driven over the Danube in Regensburg.
- 1876The first ever National League is played in Philadelphia.
- 1889At high noon, thousands rush to claim land in the Land Run of 1889. Within hours the cities of Oklahoma City and Guthrie are formed with populations of at least 10,000.
- 1912Pravda, the “voice” of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, begins publication in Saint Petersburg.
- 1945World War II: Führerbunker: After learning that Soviet forces have taken Eberswalde without a fight, Adolf Hitler admits defeat in his underground bunker and states that suicide is his only recourse.
- 19481948 Arab-Israeli War: Haifa, a major port of Israel, is captured from Arab forces.
- 1992In an explosion in Guadalajara, Mexico, 206 people are killed, nearly 500 injured and 15,000 left homeless.
- 1997The Japanese embassy hostage crisis ends in Lima, Peru.
- 1998Disney’s Animal Kingdom opens at Walt Disney World near Orlando, Florida, United States.
Who were born on April 22?
- 1592Wilhelm Schickard, German mathematician who invented a calculating machine (d. 1635)
- 1610Pope Alexander VIII (d. 1691)
- 1840Odilon Redon, French painter (d. 1916)
- 1892Vernon Johns, American civil rights activist (d. 1965)
- 1909Rita Levi-Montalcini, Italian neurologist, Nobel laureate
- 1922Wolf V. Vishniac, American microbiologist (d. 1973)
- 1925George Cole, English actor
- 1945Demetrio Stratos, Italian musician (d. 1979)
- 1950Zygi Wilf, owner of the Minnesota Vikings
- 1953Tom Griswold, American radio personality
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.