April 28: Day of the Week
April 28, 2019 was the 118th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 247 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
April 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1192Assassination of Conrad of Montferrat (Conrad I), King of Jerusalem, in Tyre, two days after his title to the throne is confirmed by election. The killing is carried out by Hashshashin.
- 1503The Battle of Cerignola is fought. It is noted as the first battle in history won by small arms fire using gunpowder.
- 1789Mutiny on the Bounty: Lieutenant William Bligh and 18 sailors are set adrift and the rebel crew returns to Tahiti briefly and then sets sail for Pitcairn Island.
- 1887A week after being arrested by the Prussian Secret Police, Alsatian police inspector Guillaume Schnaebelé is released on order of German Emperor William I, defusing a possible war.
- 1932A vaccine for yellow fever is announced for use on humans.
- 1944World War II: Nine German S-boots attacked US and UK units during Exercise Tiger, the rehearsal for the Normandy landings, killing 946.
- 1945Benito Mussolini and his mistress Clara Petacci are executed by a firing squad consisting of members of the Italian resistance movement.
- 1987American engineer Ben Linder is killed in an ambush by U.S.-funded Contras in northern Nicaragua.
- 1994Former Central Intelligence Agency counter-intelligence officer and analyst Aldrich Ames pleads guilty to giving U.S. secrets to the Soviet Union and later Russia.
- 1996In Tasmania, Australia, Martin Bryant goes on a shooting spree, killing 35 people and seriously injuring 21 more.
Who were born on April 28?
- 1876Nicola Romeo, Italian automobile engineer and an entrepreneur (d. 1938)
- 1924Donatas Banionis, Lithuanian actor
- 1925T. John Lesinski, Lieutenant Governor of Michigan
- 1963Marc Lacroix, Belgian biochemist
- 1968Andy Flower, Zimbabwean cricketer
- 1977Derrick Wayne Frazier, American convicted murderer (d. 2006)
- 1980Karolina Goceva, Macedonian singer
- 1981Pietro Travagli, Italian rugby player
- 1982Chris Kaman, American basketball player
- 1988Jonathan Biabiany, French footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.