April 28: Day of the Week
April 28, 2021 was the 118th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 247 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OVREIAW? Check your answers here: Words with these letters OVREIAW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1192Assassination of Conrad of Montferrat (Conrad I), King of Jerusalem, in Tyre, two days after his title to the throne is confirmed by election. The killing is carried out by Hashshashin.
- 1253Nichiren, a Japanese Buddhist monk, propounds Nam Myoho Renge Kyo for the very first time and declares it to be the essence of Buddhism, in effect founding Nichiren Buddhism.
- 1503The Battle of Cerignola is fought. It is noted as the first battle in history won by small arms fire using gunpowder.
- 1796The Armistice of Cherasco is signed by Napoleon Bonaparte and Vittorio Amedeo III, the King of Sardinia, expanding French territory along the Mediterranean coast.
- 1932A vaccine for yellow fever is announced for use on humans.
- 1944World War II: Nine German S-boots attacked US and UK units during Exercise Tiger, the rehearsal for the Normandy landings, killing 946.
- 1947Thor Heyerdahl and five crew mates set out from Peru on the Kon-Tiki to prove that Peruvian natives could have settled Polynesia.
- 1952Occupied Japan: The United States occupation of Japan ends as the Treaty of San Francisco, ratified September 8, 1951, comes into force.
- 1952The Sino-Japanese Peace Treaty (Treaty of Taipei) is signed in Taipei, Taiwan between Japan and the Republic of China to officially end the Second Sino-Japanese War.
- 1970Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard M. Nixon formally authorizes American combat troops to fight communist sanctuaries in Cambodia.
Who were born on April 28?
- 1819Ezra Abbot, American Bible scholar (d. 1884)
- 1863Josiah Thomas, Australian politician (d. 1933)
- 1889António de Oliveira Salazar, dictator of Portugal (d. 1970)
- 1912Odette Sansom Hallowes, French resistance worker (d. 1995)
- 1924Donatas Banionis, Lithuanian actor
- 1941Ann-Margret, Swedish-born actress
- 1941Iryna Zhylenko, Ukrainian poet
- 1944Elizabeth LeCompte, American theater director
- 1960Walter Zenga, Italian footballer
- 1968Howard Donald, English musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.