April 28: Day of the Week
April 28, 2021 was the 118th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 247 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XIWTTEEG? Check your answers here: Word scramble XIWTTEEG. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1192Assassination of Conrad of Montferrat (Conrad I), King of Jerusalem, in Tyre, two days after his title to the throne is confirmed by election. The killing is carried out by Hashshashin.
- 1920Azerbaijan is added to the Soviet Union.
- 1930The first night game in organized baseball history takes place in Independence, Kansas.
- 1944World War II: Nine German S-boots attacked US and UK units during Exercise Tiger, the rehearsal for the Normandy landings, killing 946.
- 1950Bhumibol Adulyadej marries Queen Sirikit after their quiet engagement in Lausanne, Switzerland on July 19, 1949.
- 1952Dwight D. Eisenhower resigns as Supreme Allied Commander of NATO.
- 1969Charles de Gaulle resigns as President of France.
- 1978President of Afghanistan, Mohammed Daoud Khan, is overthrown and assassinated in a coup led by pro-communist rebels.
- 1988Near Maui, Hawaii, flight attendant Clarabelle “C.B.” Lansing is blown out of Aloha Airlines Flight 243, a Boeing 737, and falls to her death when part of the plane’s fuselage rips open in mid-flight.
- 2001Millionaire Dennis Tito becomes the world’s first space tourist.
Who were born on April 28?
- 1868Georgy Voronoy, Russian mathematician (d. 1908)
- 1906Kurt Gödel, Austrian mathematician (d. 1978)
- 1906Paul Sacher, Swiss conductor (d. 1999)
- 1924Donatas Banionis, Lithuanian actor
- 1946Ginette Reno, French Canadian singer, songwriter and actress
- 1954Vic Sotto, Filipino actor, host, comedian, and film producer
- 1966Too Short, American rapper
- 1981Jessica Alba, American actress
- 1981Pietro Travagli, Italian rugby player
- 1983Roger Johnson, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.