April 29: Day of the Week
April 29, 2018 was the 119th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 246 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Taurus horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 29 Historical Event(s)
- 711Islamic conquest of Hispania: Moorish troops led by Tariq ibn-Ziyad land at Gibraltar to begin their invasion of the Iberian Peninsula (Al-Andalus).
- 1429Joan of Arc arrives to relieve the Siege of Orleans.
- 1781American Revolutionary War: British and French ships clash in the Battle of Fort Royal off the coast of Martinique.
- 1861American Civil War: Maryland’s House of Delegates votes not to secede from the Union.
- 1916Easter Rebellion: Martial law in Ireland is lifted and the rebellion is officially over with the surrender of Irish nationalists to British authorities in Dublin.
- 1951Tibetan delegates to the Central People’s Government arrive in Beijing and draft a Seventeen Point Agreement for Chinese sovereignty and Tibetan autonomy.
- 1953The first U.S. experimental 3D-TV broadcast showed an episode of Space Patrol on Los Angeles ABC affiliate KECA-TV.
- 1967After refusing induction into the United States Army the day before (citing religious reasons), Muhammad Ali is stripped of his boxing title.
- 1970Vietnam War: United States and South Vietnamese forces invade Cambodia to hunt Viet Cong.
- 2005Syria completes withdrawal from Lebanon, ending 29 years of occupation.
Who were born on April 29?
- 1901Hirohito, Emperor of Japan (d. 1989)
- 1933Mark Eyskens, Prime Minister of Belgium
- 1937Jill Paton Walsh, British writer
- 1944Francis Lee, British footballer
- 1958Eve Plumb, American actress
- 1974Jasper Wood, Canadian violinist
- 1976Jay Orpin, Swedish composer and producer
- 1980Kian Egan, Irish singer (Westlife)
- 1980Magdalena Tul, Polish pop singer
- 1987Alicia Morton, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.