April 4: Day of the Week
April 4, 2020 was the 95th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 271 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OIODUXMRMYJ? Check your answers here: Unscramble words OIODUXMRMYJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1147First historical record of Moscow.
- 1939Faisal II becomes King of Iraq.
- 1945World War II: American troops capture Kassel.
- 1968AEK Athens BC becomes the first Greek team to win the European Basketball Cup.
- 1969Dr. Denton Cooley implants the first temporary artificial heart.
- 1975Microsoft is founded as a partnership between Bill Gates and Paul Allen in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 1979President Zulfikar Ali Bhutto of Pakistan is executed.
- 1984President Ronald Reagan calls for an international ban on chemical weapons.
- 2002The Angolan government and UNITA rebels sign a peace treaty ending the Angolan Civil War.
- 200715 British Royal Navy personnel held in Iran are released by the Iranian President.
Who were born on April 4?
- 1899Hillel Oppenheimer, German-born Israeli botanist (d. 1971)
- 1905Eugene Bozza, French modern composer (d. 1991)
- 1932Estelle Harris, American actress
- 1942Jim Fregosi, American baseball player and manager
- 1949Junior Braithwaite, Jamaican singer (The Wailers) (d. 1999)
- 1957Aki Kaurismäki, Finnish film director
- 1967George Mavrotas, Greek water polo player
- 1971Josh Todd, American singer (Buckcherry)
- 1983Ben Gordon, American basketball player
- 1994Risako Sugaya, Japanese singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.