April 4: Day of the Week
April 4, 2017 was the 94th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 271 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1660Declaration of Breda by King Charles II of England.
- 1814Napoleon abdicates for the first time.
- 1841William Henry Harrison dies of pneumonia becoming the first President of the United States to die in office and the one with the shortest term served.
- 1866Alexander II of Russia narrowly escapes an assassination attempt in the city of Kiev.
- 1873The Kennel Club is founded, the oldest and first official registry of purebred dogs in the world.
- 1945World War II: American troops capture Kassel.
- 1958The CND Peace Symbol displayed in public for the first time in London.
- 1975Microsoft is founded as a partnership between Bill Gates and Paul Allen in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 1983Space Shuttle Challenger makes its maiden voyage into space (STS-6).
- 200715 British Royal Navy personnel held in Iran are released by the Iranian President.
Who were born on April 4?
- 1492Ambrosius Blarer, German reformer (d. 1564)
- 1572William Strachey, English writer (d. 1621)
- 1910Dang Van Ngu, Vietnamese doctor and intellectual (d. 1967)
- 1913Muddy Waters, American musician (d. 1983)
- 1938A. Bartlett Giamatti, American university president and Commissioner of Baseball (d. 1989)
- 1951John Hannah, American football player
- 1963Dale Hawerchuk, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1965Robert Downey, Jr., American actor
- 1979Natasha Lyonne, American actress
- 1986Eunhyuk, Korean singer (Super Junior)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.