April 4: Day of the Week
April 4, 2019 was the 94th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 271 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
April 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1814Napoleon abdicates for the first time.
- 1866Alexander II of Russia narrowly escapes an assassination attempt in the city of Kiev.
- 1905In India, the 1905 Kangra earthquake hits the Kangra valley, kills 20,000, and destroys most buildings in Kangra, Mcleodganj and Dharamshala
- 1939Faisal II becomes King of Iraq.
- 1945World War II: American troops liberate Ohrdruf forced labor camp in Germany.
- 1958The CND Peace Symbol displayed in public for the first time in London.
- 1967Martin Luther King, Jr. delivers his “Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence” speech in New York City’s Riverside Church.
- 1968AEK Athens BC becomes the first Greek team to win the European Basketball Cup.
- 1988Governor Evan Mecham of Arizona is convicted in his impeachment trial and removed from office.
- 2002In what is known as the Society Murders, Matthew Wales kills his parents in Melbourne, Australia.
Who were born on April 4?
- 1718Benjamin Kennicott, English churchman and Hebrew scholar (d. 1783)
- 1888Tris Speaker, American baseball player (d. 1958)
- 1897Pierre Fresnay, French stage and film actor (d. 1975)
- 1916Nikola Ljubicic, Yugoslav general, Serbian communist politician (d. 2005)
- 1926Mildred Fay Jefferson, American physician and pro-life activist (d. 2010)
- 1942Jim Fregosi, American baseball player and manager
- 1956Tom Herr, American baseball player
- 1964Branco, Brazilian footballer and coach
- 1973David Blaine, American illusionist
- 1980Johnny Borrell, English singer (Razorlight)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.