April 4: Day of the Week
April 4, 2019 was the 94th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 271 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Joann’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1660Declaration of Breda by King Charles II of England.
- 1818The United States Congress adopts the flag of the United States with 13 red and white stripes and one star for each state (then 20).
- 1841William Henry Harrison dies of pneumonia becoming the first President of the United States to die in office and the one with the shortest term served.
- 1859Bryant’s Minstrels debut “Dixie” in New York City in the finale of a blackface minstrel show.
- 1939Faisal II becomes King of Iraq.
- 1945World War II: American troops capture Kassel.
- 1949Twelve nations sign the North Atlantic Treaty creating the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
- 1984President Ronald Reagan calls for an international ban on chemical weapons.
- 1996Comet Hyakutake is imaged by the USA Asteroid Orbiter Near Earth Asteroid Rendezvous.
- 2002In what is known as the Society Murders, Matthew Wales kills his parents in Melbourne, Australia.
Who were born on April 4?
- 1869Mary Jane Colter, American architect (d. 1958)
- 1875Pierre Monteux, French conductor (d. 1964)
- 1916Nikola Ljubicic, Yugoslav general, Serbian communist politician (d. 2005)
- 1918George Jellicoe, 2nd Earl Jellicoe (d. 2007)
- 1939Major Lance, American singer (d. 1994)
- 1948Dan Simmons, American writer
- 1952Gary Moore, Northern Irish guitarist (Thin Lizzy) (d. 2011)
- 1976James Roday, American actor
- 1979Andy McKee, American musician
- 1983Fabian Geiser, Swiss footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.