April 5: Day of the Week
April 5, 2020 was the 96th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 270 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Meghan’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1722The Dutch explorer Jacob Roggeveen discovers Easter Island.
- 1874Birkenhead Park, the first civic public park, is opened in Birkenhead.
- 1900Archaeologists in Knossos, Crete, discover a large cache of clay tablets with hieroglyphic writing in a script they call Linear B.
- 1944World War II: 270 inhabitants of the Greek town of Kleisoura are executed by the Germans.
- 1945Cold War: Yugoslav leader Josip “Tito” Broz signs an agreement with the Soviet Union to allow “temporary entry of Soviet troops into Yugoslav territory”.
- 1949A fire in a hospital in Effingham, Illinois, kills 77 people and leads to nationwide fire code improvements in the United States.
- 1957In India, Communists win the first elections in united Kerala and E.M.S. Namboodiripad is sworn in as the first chief minister.
- 1971In Sri Lanka, Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna launches insurrection against the United Front government of Sirimavo Bandaranaike.
- 2007Georgia establishes a Provisional Administrative Entity in the disputed region of South Ossetia.
- 2010Twenty-nine coal miners are killed in an explosion at the Upper Big Branch Mine in West Virginia.
Who were born on April 5?
- 1472Bianca Maria Sforza, wife of Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1510)
- 1816Samuel Freeman Miller, U.S. Supreme Court Justice (d. 1890)
- 1837Algernon Charles Swinburne, English poet (d. 1909)
- 1857Alexander of Battenberg, Prince of Bulgaria (d. 1893)
- 1863Princess Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine (d. 1950)
- 1912István Örkény, Hungarian author (d. 1979)
- 1923Michael V. Gazzo, American actor (d. 1995)
- 1948Les Binks, British musician, former drummer for Judas Priest
- 1964Marius Lăcătuş, Romanian footballer
- 1972Pat Green, American singer and songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.