April 5: Day of the Week
April 5, 2021 is the 95th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 270 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EVAIOEPJ? Check your answers here: Words with these letters EVAIOEPJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1242During a battle on the ice of Lake Peipus, Russian forces, led by Alexander Nevsky, rebuff an invasion attempt by the Teutonic Knights.
- 1722The Dutch explorer Jacob Roggeveen discovers Easter Island.
- 1804High Possil Meteorite: The first recorded meteorite in Scotland falls in Possil.
- 1874Birkenhead Park, the first civic public park, is opened in Birkenhead.
- 1942World War II: The Imperial Japanese Navy launches a carrier-based air attack on Colombo, Ceylon during the Indian Ocean Raid. Port and civilian facilities are damaged and the Royal Navy cruisers HMS Cornwall and HMS Dorsetshire are sunk southwest of the island.
- 1944World War II: 270 inhabitants of the Greek town of Kleisoura are executed by the Germans.
- 1957In India, Communists win the first elections in united Kerala and E.M.S. Namboodiripad is sworn in as the first chief minister.
- 1958Ripple Rock, an underwater threat to navigation in the Seymour Narrows in Canada is destroyed in one of the largest non-nuclear controlled explosions of the time.
- 2009North Korea launches its controversial Kwangmyŏngsŏng-2 rocket. The satellite passed over mainland Japan, which prompted an immediate reaction from the United Nations Security Council, as well as participating states of Six-party talks.
- 2010Twenty-nine coal miners are killed in an explosion at the Upper Big Branch Mine in West Virginia.
Who were born on April 5?
- 1752Sébastien Érard, French musical instruments maker (d. 1831)
- 1863Princess Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine (d. 1950)
- 1869Albert Roussel, French composer (d. 1937)
- 1929Hugo Claus, Belgian writer (d. 2008)
- 1933Frank Gorshin, American actor (d. 2005)
- 1946Jane Asher, British actress
- 1956Anthony Horowitz, English Author
- 1970Miho Hatori, Japanese singer and songwriter (Cibo Matto)
- 1973Pharrell, American music producer (The Neptunes)
- 1982Kelly Pavlik, American boxer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.