April 5: Day of the Week
April 5, 2021 was the 95th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 270 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PMOXRULBA? Check your answers here: Unscramble words PMOXRULBA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1566Two-hundred Dutch noblemen, led by Hendrik van Brederode, force themselves into the presence of Margaret of Parma and present the Petition of Compromise, denouncing the Spanish Inquisition in the Netherlands. The Inquisition is suspended and a delegation is sent to Spain to petition Philip II.
- 1614In Virginia, Native American Pocahontas marries English colonist John Rolfe.
- 1804High Possil Meteorite: The first recorded meteorite in Scotland falls in Possil.
- 1818In the Battle of Maipú, Chile’s independence movement – led by Bernardo O'Higgins and José de San Martín – win a decisive victory over Spain, leaving 2,000 Spaniards and 1,000 Chilean patriots dead.
- 1862American Civil War: The Battle of Yorktown begins.
- 1874Birkenhead Park, the first civic public park, is opened in Birkenhead.
- 1932Alcohol prohibition in Finland ends. Alcohol sales begin in Alko liquor stores.
- 1971In Sri Lanka, Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna launches insurrection against the United Front government of Sirimavo Bandaranaike.
- 1992Alberto Fujimori, president of Peru, dissolves the Peruvian congress by military force.
- 1999Two Libyans suspected of bringing down Pan Am flight 103 in 1988 are handed over for eventual trial in the Netherlands.
Who were born on April 5?
- 1769Sir Thomas Hardy, 1st Baronet Royal Navy Vice-Admiral and First Lord of the Admiralty (d. 1839)
- 1929Joe Meek, English record producer (d. 1967)
- 1938Colin Bland, South African cricketer
- 1939Crispian St. Peters, English singer (d. 2010)
- 1952Mitch Pileggi, American actor
- 1964Christopher “Kid” Reid, American rapper (Kid 'n Play)
- 1976Simone Inzaghi, Italian footballer
- 1981Jorge de la Rosa, Mexican baseball player
- 1988Christopher Papamichalopoulos, Cypriot skier
- 1990Haruma Miura, Japanese actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.