April 5: Day of the Week
April 5, 2019 was the 95th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 270 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
April 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1722The Dutch explorer Jacob Roggeveen discovers Easter Island.
- 1874Birkenhead Park, the first civic public park, is opened in Birkenhead.
- 1943World War II: American bomber aircraft accidentally cause more than 900 civilian deaths, including 209 children, and 1300 wounded among the civilian population of the Belgian town of Mortsel. The target is the Erla factory one kilometer from the residential area hit.
- 1946Soviet troops leave the island of Bornholm, Denmark after an 11 month occupation.
- 1956In Sri Lanka, the Mahajana Eksath Peramuna win the general elections in a landslide and S.W.R.D. Bandaranaike is sworn in as the Prime Minister.
- 1991An ASA EMB 120 crashes in Brunswick, Georgia, killing all 23 aboard.
- 1992Alberto Fujimori, president of Peru, dissolves the Peruvian congress by military force.
- 1992The Siege of Sarajevo begins when Serb paramilitaries murder peace protesters Suada Dilberovic and Olga Sučić on the Vrbanja Bridge.
- 2007Georgia establishes a Provisional Administrative Entity in the disputed region of South Ossetia.
- 2010Twenty-nine coal miners are killed in an explosion at the Upper Big Branch Mine in West Virginia.
Who were born on April 5?
- 1908Bette Davis, American actress (d. 1989)
- 1916Gregory Peck, American actor (d. 2003)
- 1928Tony Williams, American singer (The Platters) (d. 1992)
- 1949Judith Resnik, American astronaut (d. 1986)
- 1954Stan Ridgway, American musician (Wall of Voodoo)
- 1971Dong Abay, Filipino musician and singer-songwriter
- 1976Fernando Morientes, Spanish footballer
- 1976Ryan Drese, American baseball player
- 1978Stephen Jackson, American basketball player
- 1984Shin Min-a, South Korean model and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.