April 5: Day of the Week
April 5, 2019 is the 95th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 270 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1609Daimyo (Lord) of the Satsuma Domain in southern Kyūshū, Japan, completes his successful invasion of the Ryūkyū Kingdom in Okinawa.
- 1804High Possil Meteorite: The first recorded meteorite in Scotland falls in Possil.
- 1818In the Battle of Maipú, Chile’s independence movement – led by Bernardo O'Higgins and José de San Martín – win a decisive victory over Spain, leaving 2,000 Spaniards and 1,000 Chilean patriots dead.
- 1900Archaeologists in Knossos, Crete, discover a large cache of clay tablets with hieroglyphic writing in a script they call Linear B.
- 1932Alcohol prohibition in Finland ends. Alcohol sales begin in Alko liquor stores.
- 1933U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs two executive orders: 6101 to establish the Civilian Conservation Corps, and 6102 “forbidding the Hoarding of Gold Coin, Gold Bullion, and Gold Certificates” by U.S. citizens.
- 1945Cold War: Yugoslav leader Josip “Tito” Broz signs an agreement with the Soviet Union to allow “temporary entry of Soviet troops into Yugoslav territory”.
- 1971In Sri Lanka, Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna launches insurrection against the United Front government of Sirimavo Bandaranaike.
- 1991An ASA EMB 120 crashes in Brunswick, Georgia, killing all 23 aboard.
- 2010Twenty-nine coal miners are killed in an explosion at the Upper Big Branch Mine in West Virginia.
Who were born on April 5?
- 1472Bianca Maria Sforza, wife of Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1510)
- 1832Jules Ferry, French statesman (d. 1893)
- 1856Booker T. Washington, American educator (d. 1915)
- 1875Mistinguett, French vaudeville performer (d. 1956)
- 1934Stanley Turrentine, American jazz saxophonist (d. 2000)
- 1944Pedro Rossello, Puerto Rican politician
- 1966Mike McCready, American musician (Pearl Jam)
- 1970Miho Hatori, Japanese singer and songwriter (Cibo Matto)
- 1973Pharrell, American music producer (The Neptunes)
- 1980Matt Bonner, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.