April 5: Day of the Week
April 5, 2017 was the 95th day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 270 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aries horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
April 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1566Two-hundred Dutch noblemen, led by Hendrik van Brederode, force themselves into the presence of Margaret of Parma and present the Petition of Compromise, denouncing the Spanish Inquisition in the Netherlands. The Inquisition is suspended and a delegation is sent to Spain to petition Philip II.
- 1879Chile declares war on Bolivia and Peru, starting the War of the Pacific.
- 1922The American Birth Control League, forerunner of Planned Parenthood, is incorporated.
- 1932Alcohol prohibition in Finland ends. Alcohol sales begin in Alko liquor stores.
- 1933U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs two executive orders: 6101 to establish the Civilian Conservation Corps, and 6102 “forbidding the Hoarding of Gold Coin, Gold Bullion, and Gold Certificates” by U.S. citizens.
- 1949Fireside Theater debuts on television.
- 1958Ripple Rock, an underwater threat to navigation in the Seymour Narrows in Canada is destroyed in one of the largest non-nuclear controlled explosions of the time.
- 1971In Sri Lanka, Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna launches insurrection against the United Front government of Sirimavo Bandaranaike.
- 1986Three people are killed in the bombing of the La Belle Discothèque in West Berlin, Germany.
- 2009North Korea launches its controversial Kwangmyŏngsŏng-2 rocket. The satellite passed over mainland Japan, which prompted an immediate reaction from the United Nations Security Council, as well as participating states of Six-party talks.
Who were born on April 5?
- 1692Adrienne Lecouvreur, French actress (d. 1730)
- 1719Axel von Fersen the Elder, Swedish statesman and soldier; father of Axel von Fersen the Younger (d. 1794)
- 1917Robert Bloch, American author (d. 1994)
- 1922Tom Finney, English footballer
- 1943Max Gail, American actor
- 1956Diamond Dallas Page, American professional wrestler
- 1972Krista Allen, American actress
- 1972Pat Green, American singer and songwriter
- 1981Michael A. Monsoor, American soldier (d. 2006)
- 1984Shin Min-a, South Korean model and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.