April 5: Day of the Week
April 5, 2020 is the 96th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 270 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Dominic’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1621The Mayflower sets sail from Plymouth, Massachusetts on a return trip to Great Britain.
- 1792U.S. President George Washington exercises his authority to veto a bill, the first time this power is used in the United States.
- 1804High Possil Meteorite: The first recorded meteorite in Scotland falls in Possil.
- 1818In the Battle of Maipú, Chile’s independence movement – led by Bernardo O'Higgins and José de San Martín – win a decisive victory over Spain, leaving 2,000 Spaniards and 1,000 Chilean patriots dead.
- 1932Dominion of Newfoundland: 10,000 rioters seize the Colonial Building leading to the end of self-government.
- 1945Cold War: Yugoslav leader Josip “Tito” Broz signs an agreement with the Soviet Union to allow “temporary entry of Soviet troops into Yugoslav territory”.
- 1971In Sri Lanka, Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna launches insurrection against the United Front government of Sirimavo Bandaranaike.
- 1991An ASA EMB 120 crashes in Brunswick, Georgia, killing all 23 aboard.
- 1999Two Libyans suspected of bringing down Pan Am flight 103 in 1988 are handed over for eventual trial in the Netherlands.
- 2009North Korea launches its controversial Kwangmyŏngsŏng-2 rocket. The satellite passed over mainland Japan, which prompted an immediate reaction from the United Nations Security Council, as well as participating states of Six-party talks.
Who were born on April 5?
- 1523Blaise de Vigenère, French cryptographer (d. 1596)
- 1649Elihu Yale, American benefactor of Yale University (d. 1721)
- 1906Lord Buckley, American monologist (d. 1960)
- 1939Crispian St. Peters, English singer (d. 2010)
- 1939Ronald White, American singer and songwriter (d. 1995)
- 1954Peter Case, American musician (The Nerves)
- 1954Stan Ridgway, American musician (Wall of Voodoo)
- 1955Janice Long, English broadcaster
- 1971Dong Abay, Filipino musician and singer-songwriter
- 1982Hayley Atwell, English actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.