April 6: Day of the Week
April 6, 2021 was the 96th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 269 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters WWKOHUPLUD? Check your answers here: Unscramble words WWKOHUPLUD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1250Seventh Crusade: Ayyubids of Egypt capture King Louis IX of France in the Battle of Fariskur.
- 1320The Scots reaffirm their independence by signing the Declaration of Arbroath.
- 1860The Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints—later renamed Community of Christ—is organized by Joseph Smith III and others at Amboy, Illinois
- 1888Thomas Green Clemson dies, bequeathing his estate to the State of South Carolina to establish Clemson Agricultural College.
- 1945World War II: the Battle of Slater’s Knoll on Bougainville comes to an end.
- 1962Leonard Bernstein causes controversy with his remarks from the podium during a New York Philharmonic concert featuring Glenn Gould performing Brahms’ First Piano Concerto.
- 1970Newhall Incident: Four California Highway Patrol officers are killed in a shootout.
- 1973The American League of Major League Baseball begins using the designated hitter.
- 1974ABBA win the 19th annual Eurovision Song Contest in Brighton with Waterloo.
- 2005Kurdish leader Jalal Talabani becomes Iraqi president; Shiite Arab Ibrahim al-Jaafari is named premier the next day.
Who were born on April 6?
- 1483Raphael, Italian painter and architect (d. 1520)
- 1820Nadar, French photographer (d. 1910)
- 1888Gerhard Ritter, German historian (d. 1967)
- 1936Helen Berman, Dutch-Israeli visual artist
- 1937Billy Dee Williams, American actor
- 1969Bret Boone, American baseball player
- 1975Zach Braff, American actor
- 1983Jade Seah, Singaporean model, host and actress
- 1983James Wade, English darts player
- 1988Daniele Gasparetto, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.