April 6: Day of the Week
April 6, 2023 is the 96th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 269 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CESENVUQED? Check your answers here: Word finder CESENVUQED. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 6 Historical Event(s)
- 46 BCJulius Caesar defeats Caecilius Metellus Scipio and Marcus Porcius Cato (Cato the Younger) in the battle of Thapsus.
- 1320The Scots reaffirm their independence by signing the Declaration of Arbroath.
- 1327The poet Petrarch first sees his idealized love, Laura, in the church of Saint Clare in Avignon.
- 1776American Revolutionary War: Ships of the Continental Navy fail in their attempt to capture a Royal Navy dispatch boat.
- 1941World War II: Nazi Germany launches Operation 25 (the invasion of Kingdom of Yugoslavia) and Operation Marita (the invasion of Greece).
- 1957Greek shipping tycoon Aristotle Onassis buys the Hellenic National Airlines (TAE) and founds Olympic Airlines.
- 1965The British Government announces the cancellation of the TSR-2 aircraft project.
- 1968In Richmond, Indiana’s downtown district, a double explosion kills 41 and injures 150.
- 1973Launch of Pioneer 11 spacecraft.
- 1998Pakistan tests medium-range missiles capable of reaching India.
Who were born on April 6?
- 1613Stjepan Gradić, Croatian philosopher and scientist (d. 1683)
- 1632Maria Leopoldine of Austria, Holy Roman Empire Empress (d. 1649)
- 1818Aasmund Olavsson Vinje, Norwegian poet (d. 1870)
- 1849John William Waterhouse, British painter (d. 1917)
- 1935Douglas Hill, Canadian-born science fiction writer (d. 2007)
- 1937Billy Dee Williams, American actor
- 1944Felicity Palmer, English soprano
- 1976Hirotada Ototake, Japanese sports writer
- 1978Blaine Neal, American baseball player
- 1978Tim Hasselbeck, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.