April 6: Day of the Week
April 6, 2021 is the 96th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 269 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EDWROIEF? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters EDWROIEF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1250Seventh Crusade: Ayyubids of Egypt capture King Louis IX of France in the Battle of Fariskur.
- 1782Rama I of Siam (modern day Thailand) founds the Chakri dynasty.
- 1793During the French Revolution, the Committee of Public Safety becomes the executive organ of the republic.
- 1808John Jacob Astor incorporates the American Fur Company, that would eventually make him America’s first millionaire.
- 1812British forces under the command of the Duke of Wellington assault the fortress of Badajoz. This would be the turning point in the Peninsular War against Napoleon-led France.
- 1814Nominal beginning of the Bourbon Restorationanniversary date that Napoleon abdicates and is exiled to Elba. (Rule by the Bourbons is delayed a few weeks, though allies held most key locales of France.)
- 1866The Grand Army of the Republic, an American patriotic organization composed of Union veterans of the American Civil War, is founded. It lasts until 1956.
- 1909Robert Peary and Matthew Henson reach the North Pole.
- 1926Varney Airlines makes its first commercial flight (Varney is the root company of United Airlines).
- 1974ABBA win the 19th annual Eurovision Song Contest in Brighton with Waterloo.
Who were born on April 6?
- 1664Arvid Horn, Swedish statesman (d. 1742)
- 1823Joseph Medill, journalist and mayor of Chicago (d. 1899)
- 1864William Bate Hardy, British biochemist (d. 1934)
- 1886Osman Ali Khan, Asaf Jah VII, The Last Nizam of Hyderabad state (d. 1967)
- 1903Mickey Cochrane, American baseball player (d. 1962)
- 1926Gil Kane, Latvian-born cartoonist (d. 2000)
- 1938Roy Thinnes, American actor
- 1941Gheorghe Zamfir, Romanian musician
- 1978Tim Hasselbeck, American football player
- 1995Ryutaro Morimoto, Japanese actor and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.