April 6: Day of the Week
April 6, 2019 was the 96th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 269 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Carol’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1327The poet Petrarch first sees his idealized love, Laura, in the church of Saint Clare in Avignon.
- 1580One of the largest earthquakes recorded in the history of England, Flanders, or Northern France, takes place.
- 1652At the Cape of Good Hope, Dutch sailor Jan van Riebeeck establishes a resupply camp that eventually becomes Cape Town.
- 1861First performance of Arthur Sullivan’s debut success, his suite of incidental music for The Tempest, leading to a career that included the famous Gilbert and Sullivan operas.
- 1896In Athens, the opening of the first modern Olympic Games is celebrated, 1,500 years after the original games are banned by Roman Emperor Theodosius I.
- 1917World War I: The United States declares war on Germany (see President Woodrow Wilson’s address to Congress).
- 1929Huey P. Long Governor of Louisiana is impeached by the Louisiana House of Representatives.
- 1941World War II: Nazi Germany launches Operation 25 (the invasion of Kingdom of Yugoslavia) and Operation Marita (the invasion of Greece).
- 1965The British Government announces the cancellation of the TSR-2 aircraft project.
- 1972Vietnam War: Easter Offensive – American forces begin sustained air strikes and naval bombardments.
Who were born on April 6?
- 1483Raphael, Italian painter and architect (d. 1520)
- 1851Guillaume Bigourdan, French astronomer (d. 1932)
- 1917Leonora Carrington, British-born surrealist painter
- 1926Sergio Franchi, Italian-born singer and actor (d. 1990)
- 1941Gheorghe Zamfir, Romanian musician
- 1949Horst Ludwig Störmer, German-born physicist, Nobel laureate
- 1967Mika Koivuniemi, Finnish ten-pin bowler
- 1976Candace Cameron Bure, American actress
- 1982Travis Moen, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1988Fabrice Muamba, Congolese/English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.