April 7: Day of the Week
April 7, 2023 is the 97th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 268 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SVRAELJPOUU? Check your answers here: Word finder SVRAELJPOUU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1798The Mississippi Territory is organized from disputed territory claimed by both the United States and Spain. It is expanded in 1804 and again in 1812.
- 1868Thomas D'Arcy McGee, one of the Canadian Fathers of Confederation is assassinated by the Irish, in one of the few Canadian political assassinations, and the only one of a federal politician.
- 1890Completion of the first Lake Biwa Canal.
- 1933Prohibition is repealed for beer of no more than 3.2% alcohol by weight, eight months before the ratification of the XXI amendment.
- 1948The World Health Organization is established by the United Nations.
- 1969The Internet’s symbolic birth date: publication of RFC 1.
- 1977German Federal prosecutor Siegfried Buback and his driver are shot by two Red Army Faction members while waiting at a red light.
- 1990A fire breaks out on the passenger ferry M/S Scandinavian Star, killing 158 people.
- 1990Iran Contra Affair: John Poindexter is found guilty of five charges for his part in the scandal (the conviction is later reversed on appeal).
- 1992Republika Srpska announces its independence.
Who were born on April 7?
- 1908Percy Faith, Canadian composer and musician (d. 1976)
- 1919Edoardo Mangiarotti, Italian fencer
- 1920Ravi Shankar, Indian sitar player
- 1941James Di Pasquale, American composer
- 1942Nam Gi-nam, South Korean director of movies
- 1960Buster Douglas, American boxer
- 1961Pascal Olmeta, French footballer
- 1962Ram Gopal Varma, Indian film director & producer
- 1964Jace Alexander, American television director
- 1980Dragan Bogavac, Montenegrin footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.