April 7: Day of the Week
April 7, 2019 was the 97th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 268 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
April 7 Historical Event(s)
- 529First draft of the Corpus Juris Civilis (a fundamental work in jurisprudence) is issued by Eastern Roman Emperor Justinian I.
- 1827John Walker, an English chemist, sells the first friction match that he had invented the previous year.
- 1831D. Pedro I, Emperor of Brazil, resigns. He goes to his native Portugal to become King D. Pedro IV.
- 1862American Civil War: Battle of Shiloh ends – the Union Army under General Ulysses S. Grant defeats the Confederates near Shiloh, Tennessee.
- 1890Completion of the first Lake Biwa Canal.
- 1999The World Trade Organization rules in favor of the United States in its long-running trade dispute with the European Union over bananas.
- 2001Mars Odyssey is launched.
- 2003U.S. troops capture Baghdad; Saddam Hussein’s regime falls two days later.
- 2009Former Peruvian President Alberto Fujimori is sentenced to 25 years in prison for ordering killings and kidnappings by security forces.
- 2009Mass protests begin across Moldova under the belief that results from the parliamentary election are fraudulent.
Who were born on April 7?
- 1648John Sheffield, 1st Duke of Buckingham and Normanby, English statesman and poet (d. 1721)
- 1772Charles Fourier, French philosopher (d. 1837)
- 1803James Curtiss, Mayor of Chicago (d. 1859)
- 1873John McGraw, American baseball player and manager (d. 1934)
- 1950Brian J. Doyle, former Deputy Press Secretary in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- 1951Janis Ian, American singer and songwriter
- 1973Brett Tomko, American baseball player
- 1975Ronnie Belliard, American baseball player
- 1979Adrián Beltré, Dominican baseball player
- 1988Edward Speleers, British model and actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.