April 7: Day of the Week
April 7, 2021 was the 97th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 268 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VPCEIIZTPQJ? Check your answers here: Unscramble words VPCEIIZTPQJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1788American Pioneers to the Northwest Territory arrive at the confluence of the Ohio and Muskingum rivers, establishing Marietta, Ohio, as the first permanent American settlement of the new United States in the Northwest Territory, and opening the westward expansion of the new country.
- 1890Completion of the first Lake Biwa Canal.
- 1906The Algeciras Conference gives France and Spain control over Morocco.
- 1943Holocaust: In Terebovlia, Ukraine, Germans order 1,100 Jews to undress to their underwear and march through the city of Terebovlia to the nearby village of Plebanivka where they are shot dead and buried in ditches.
- 1945World War II: Visoko is liberated by the 7th, 9th, and 17th Krajina brigades from the Tenth division of Yugoslav Partisan forces.
- 1946Syria’s independence from France is officially recognised.
- 1985Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev declares a moratorium on the deployment of middle-range missiles in Europe.
- 1990Iran Contra Affair: John Poindexter is found guilty of five charges for his part in the scandal (the conviction is later reversed on appeal).
- 1999The World Trade Organization rules in favor of the United States in its long-running trade dispute with the European Union over bananas.
- 2001Mars Odyssey is launched.
Who were born on April 7?
- 1915Billie Holiday, American singer (d. 1959)
- 1929Joe Gallo, American gangster (d. 1972)
- 1945Joël Robuchon, French chef
- 1949John Oates, American rock guitarist and lyricst (Hall & Oates)
- 1950Brian J. Doyle, former Deputy Press Secretary in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- 1951Janis Ian, American singer and songwriter
- 1964Russell Crowe, Australian actor
- 1975Ronde Barber, American football player
- 1979Patrick Crayton, American football player
- 1990Trent Cotchin, Australian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.