April 7: Day of the Week
April 7, 2020 was the 98th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 268 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters YDEOITOIBC? Check your answers here: Word solver YDEOITOIBC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
April 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1541Francis Xavier leaves Lisbon on a mission to the Portuguese East Indies.
- 1724Premiere performance of Johann Sebastian Bach’s St John Passion BWV 245 at St. Nicholas Church, Leipzig.
- 1798The Mississippi Territory is organized from disputed territory claimed by both the United States and Spain. It is expanded in 1804 and again in 1812.
- 1906The Algeciras Conference gives France and Spain control over Morocco.
- 1940Booker T. Washington becomes the first African American to be depicted on a United States postage stamp.
- 1948A Buddhist monastery burns in Shanghai, China, leaving twenty monks dead.
- 1976Former British Cabinet Minister John Stonehouse resigns from the Labour Party.
- 1977German Federal prosecutor Siegfried Buback and his driver are shot by two Red Army Faction members while waiting at a red light.
- 1994Rwandan Genocide: Massacres of Tutsis begin in Kigali, Rwanda.
- 1995First Chechen War: Russian paramilitary troops begin a massacre of civilians in Samashki, Chechnya.
Who were born on April 7?
- 1506Saint Francis Xavier, Spanish co-founder of the Society of Jesus (d. 1552)
- 1890Marjory Stoneman Douglas, American conservationist and writer (d. 1998)
- 1890Paul Berth, Danish amateur football player (d. 1969)
- 1891Ole Kirk Christiansen, Danish inventor (d. 1958)
- 1917R. G. Armstrong, American actor
- 1939Sir David Frost, English broadcaster and TV host
- 1941Gorden Kaye, British actor
- 1947Eliseo Soriano, Philippine evangelist
- 1955Gregg Jarrett, American lawyer and television news journalist
- 1983Franck Ribéry, French footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.