April 7: Day of the Week
April 7, 2020 is the 98th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 268 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Marie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1767End of Burmese–Siamese War (1765–1767)
- 1829Joseph Smith, Jr., founder of the Latter Day Saint movement, commences translation of the Book of Mormon, with Oliver Cowdery as his scribe.
- 1862American Civil War: Battle of Shiloh ends – the Union Army under General Ulysses S. Grant defeats the Confederates near Shiloh, Tennessee.
- 1943Ioannis Rallis becomes collaborationist Prime Minister of Greece during the WWII Axis Occupation.
- 1954President Dwight D. Eisenhower gives his “domino theory” speech during a news conference.
- 1971President Richard Nixon announces his decision to increase the rate of American troop withdrawals from Vietnam.
- 1985Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev declares a moratorium on the deployment of middle-range missiles in Europe.
- 1989Soviet submarine Komsomolets sinks in the Barents Sea off the coast of Norway killing 42 sailors.
- 1990A fire breaks out on the passenger ferry M/S Scandinavian Star, killing 158 people.
- 1994Rwandan Genocide: Massacres of Tutsis begin in Kigali, Rwanda.
Who were born on April 7?
- 1770William Wordsworth, English poet (d. 1850)
- 1867Holger Pedersen, Danish linguist (d. 1953)
- 1903Edwin T. Layton, American Naval officer (d. 1984)
- 1919Roger Lemelin, Quebec novelist and television writer (d. 1992)
- 1930Andrew Sachs, English actor
- 1946Colette Besson, French runner (d. 2005)
- 1960Buster Douglas, American boxer
- 1965Bill Bellamy, American actor and comedian
- 1969Ricky Watters, American football player
- 1983Franck Ribéry, French footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.