April 7: Day of the Week
April 7, 2019 was the 97th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 268 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the April calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aries is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Diamond is the modern birthstone for this month. Opal is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Katelyn’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
April 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1890Completion of the first Lake Biwa Canal.
- 1906Mount Vesuvius erupts and devastates Naples.
- 1927First distance public television broadcast (from Washington, D.C., to New York City, displaying the image of Commerce Secretary Herbert Hoover).
- 1943Holocaust: In Terebovlia, Ukraine, Germans order 1,100 Jews to undress to their underwear and march through the city of Terebovlia to the nearby village of Plebanivka where they are shot dead and buried in ditches.
- 1946Syria’s independence from France is officially recognised.
- 1976Former British Cabinet Minister John Stonehouse resigns from the Labour Party.
- 1983During STS-6, astronauts Story Musgrave and Don Peterson perform the first space shuttle spacewalk.
- 1990A fire breaks out on the passenger ferry M/S Scandinavian Star, killing 158 people.
- 1999The World Trade Organization rules in favor of the United States in its long-running trade dispute with the European Union over bananas.
- 2003U.S. troops capture Baghdad; Saddam Hussein’s regime falls two days later.
Who were born on April 7?
- 1648John Sheffield, 1st Duke of Buckingham and Normanby, English statesman and poet (d. 1721)
- 1780William Ellery Channing, Unitarian theologian (d. 1842)
- 1871Epifanio de los Santos, Filipino historian, scholar and lawyer (d. 1927)
- 1890Marjory Stoneman Douglas, American conservationist and writer (d. 1998)
- 1893Allen Dulles, American Central Intelligence Agency director (d. 1969)
- 1897Walter Winchell, American broadcaster and journalist (d. 1972)
- 1931Donald Barthelme, American author (d. 1989)
- 1938Freddie Hubbard, American jazz trumpeter (d. 2008)
- 1952Clarke Peters, American actor
- 1975Ronnie Belliard, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.