August 13: Day of the Week
August 13, 2021 is the 225th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 140 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TEUMGIIPQT? Check your answers here: Word search TEUMGIIPQT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
August 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1521Tenochtitlán (present day Mexico City) falls to conquistador Hernán Cortés.
- 1704War of the Spanish Succession: Battle of Blenheim – English and Austrian forces are victorious over French and Bavarian troops.
- 1792King Louis XVI of France is formally arrested by the National Tribunal, and declared an enemy of the people.
- 1906The all black infantrymen of the U.S. Army’s 25th Infantry Regiment are accused of killing a white bartender and wounding a white police officer in Brownsville, Texas, despite exculpatory evidence; all are later dishonorably discharged.
- 1918Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW) established as a public company in Germany.
- 1942Major General Eugene Reybold of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers authorizes the construction of facilities that would house the “Development of Substitute Materials” project, better known as the Manhattan Project.
- 1968Alexandros Panagoulis attempts to assassinate the Greek dictator Colonel Georgios Papadopoulos in Varkiza, Athens.
- 1977Members of the British National Front (NF) clash with anti-NF demonstrators in Lewisham, London, resulting in 214 arrests and at least 111 injuries.
- 2008South Ossetian War: Russian units occupy the Georgian city of Gori.
- 2011The main stage collapses at the Indiana State Fair in Indianapolis during a hurricane-force wind gust ahead of an approaching severe thunderstorm, killing 7 and injuring 45.
Who were born on August 13?
- 1311King Alfonso XI of Castile and Leon (d. 1350)
- 1662Charles Seymour, 6th Duke of Somerset, English politician (d. 1748)
- 1764Louis Baraguey d'Hilliers, French general (d. 1816)
- 1949Jim Brunzell, American professional wrestler
- 1954Nico Assumpção, Brazilian bass player (d. 2001)
- 1961Christos Christodoulou, Greek basketball player
- 1963Sridevi, Indian actress
- 1964Hank Cheyne, American actor
- 1969Midori Ito, Japanese figure skater
- 1970Elvis Grbac, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.