August 13: Day of the Week
August 13, 2020 is the 226th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 140 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Tamara’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
August 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1792King Louis XVI of France is formally arrested by the National Tribunal, and declared an enemy of the people.
- 1814The Convention of London, a treaty between the United Kingdom and the United Provinces, is signed in London.
- 1831Nat Turner sees a solar eclipse, which he believes is a sign from God. Eight days later he and 70 other slaves kill approximately 55 whites in Southampton County, Virginia.
- 1898Spanish–American War: Spanish and American forces engaged in a mock battle for Manila, after which the Spanish commander surrendered in order to keep the city out of Filipino rebel hands.
- 1918Women enlist in the United States Marine Corps for the first time. Opha Mae Johnson is the first woman to enlist.
- 1920Polish-Soviet War: the Battle of Warsaw begins and will last till August 25. The Red Army is defeated.
- 1960The Central African Republic declares independence from France.
- 1968Alexandros Panagoulis attempts to assassinate the Greek dictator Colonel Georgios Papadopoulos in Varkiza, Athens.
- 1978150 Palestinians in Beirut are killed in a terrorist attack during the second phase of the Lebanese Civil War.
- 1979The roof of the uncompleted Rosemont Horizon near Chicago, Illinois collapses, killing 5 workers and injuring 16.
Who were born on August 13?
- 1841Johnny Mullagh, Australian cricketer (d. 1891)
- 1889Camillien Houde, Quebec politician, mayor of Montreal (d. 1958)
- 1906Miklós Borsos, Hungarian sculptor (d. 1990)
- 1930Wilfried Hilker, German football referee
- 1938Dave “Baby” Cortez, American pop keyboardist
- 1947Margareta Winberg, Swedish politician
- 1951Dan Fogelberg, American singer-songwriter (d. 2007)
- 1960Phil Taylor, English darts player
- 1966Sean Hood, American screenwriter
- 1990mohammed fahad faleh AL-Qahtani
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.