August 13: Day of the Week
August 13, 2023 is the 225th day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 140 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZMITLUUDVKUE? Check your answers here: Word finder ZMITLUUDVKUE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
August 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1516The Treaty of Noyon between France and Spain is signed. Francis I of France recognises Charles’s claim to Naples, and Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor, recognises Francis’s claim to Milan.
- 1536Buddhist monks from Kyōto’s Enryaku-ji temple set fire to 21 Nichiren temples throughout in what will be known as the Tenbun Hokke Disturbance. (Traditional Japanese date: July 27, 1536).
- 1704War of the Spanish Succession: Battle of Blenheim – English and Austrian forces are victorious over French and Bavarian troops.
- 1814The Convention of London, a treaty between the United Kingdom and the United Provinces, is signed in London.
- 1898Carl Gustav Witt discovers 433 Eros, the first near-Earth asteroid to be found.
- 1906The all black infantrymen of the U.S. Army’s 25th Infantry Regiment are accused of killing a white bartender and wounding a white police officer in Brownsville, Texas, despite exculpatory evidence; all are later dishonorably discharged.
- 1942Major General Eugene Reybold of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers authorizes the construction of facilities that would house the “Development of Substitute Materials” project, better known as the Manhattan Project.
- 1960The Central African Republic declares independence from France.
- 1962Representatives from the Russian Orthodox Church and the Holy See meet in Metz, France, and come to an agreement wherein the Russian church would send observers to the Second Vatican Council and in exchange, the Roman Catholic Church would refuse to condemn Communism.
- 2008South Ossetian War: Russian units occupy the Georgian city of Gori.
Who were born on August 13?
- 1662Charles Seymour, 6th Duke of Somerset, English politician (d. 1748)
- 1752Maria Carolina of Austria, queen consort of Naples and Sicily, wife of King Ferdinand I of the Two Sicilies (d. 1814)
- 1841Johnny Mullagh, Australian cricketer (d. 1891)
- 1908Gene Raymond, American actor (d. 1998)
- 1919Rex Humbard, American television evangelist (d. 2007)
- 1930Bernard Manning, English comedian (d. 2007)
- 1944Kevin Tighe, American actor
- 1972Kevin Plank, American entrepreneur (Under Armour)
- 1984Niko Kranjčar, Croatian footballer
- 1985Grega Bole, Slovenian cyclist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.