August 13: Day of the Week
August 13, 2020 was the 226th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 140 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mable’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
August 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1536Buddhist monks from Kyōto’s Enryaku-ji temple set fire to 21 Nichiren temples throughout in what will be known as the Tenbun Hokke Disturbance. (Traditional Japanese date: July 27, 1536).
- 1806Battle of Mišar during the Serbian revolution begins. The battle will end two days later, with a decisive Serbian victory over the Ottomans.
- 1814The Convention of London, a treaty between the United Kingdom and the United Provinces, is signed in London.
- 1831Nat Turner sees a solar eclipse, which he believes is a sign from God. Eight days later he and 70 other slaves kill approximately 55 whites in Southampton County, Virginia.
- 1918Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (BMW) established as a public company in Germany.
- 1920Polish-Soviet War: the Battle of Warsaw begins and will last till August 25. The Red Army is defeated.
- 1960The Central African Republic declares independence from France.
- 1977Members of the British National Front (NF) clash with anti-NF demonstrators in Lewisham, London, resulting in 214 arrests and at least 111 injuries.
- 2004156 Congolese Tutsi refugees are massacred at the Gatumba refugee camp in Burundi.
- 2008South Ossetian War: Russian units occupy the Georgian city of Gori.
Who were born on August 13?
- 1889Camillien Houde, Quebec politician, mayor of Montreal (d. 1958)
- 1920Neville Brand, American actor (d. 1992)
- 1935Mudcat Grant, American baseball player
- 1949Philippe Petit, French high wire artist
- 1959Tom Niedenfuer, American baseball player
- 1970Alan Shearer, English footballer
- 1970Will Clarke, American novelist
- 1973Eric Medlen, American drag racer and rodeo star (d. 2007)
- 1984Boone Logan, American baseball player
- 1985Grega Bole, Slovenian cyclist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.