August 15, 1975: Day of the Week
August 15, 1975 was the 227th day of the year 1975 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 138 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
A person born on this day will be 44 years old today. If that same person saved a Half dollar every day starting at age 6, then by now that person has accumulated $6,944.00 today.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August 1975 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1975 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
Rabbit is the mythical animal and Wood is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
August 15, 1975 Historical Event(s)
- 1975Bangladesh’s founder Sheikh Mujibur Rahman is killed along with most members of his family during a military coup.
- 1975Miki Takeo makes the first official pilgrimage to Yasukuni Shrine by an incumbent prime minister on the anniversary of the end of World War II.
Who were born on August 15, 1975?
- 1975Bertrand Berry, American football player
- 1975Brendan Morrison, Canadian hockey player
- 1975Kara Wolters, American basketball player
- 1975Vijay Bharadwaj, Indian cricketer
[ Ad ] Did you know? In the United States, the most popular girl name in 1975 was Jennifer with 58,185 new baby girls. For the boys, it’s Michael with 68,454 new baby boys. That’s a lot of Jennifer and Michael! (Source: ssa.gov)