August 20, 1988: Day of the Week
August 20, 1988 was the 233rd day of the year 1988 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 133 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
A person born on this day will be 32 years old today. If that same person saved a Quarter every day starting at age 4, then by now that person has accumulated $2,564.25 today.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August 1988 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1988 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VIUAPEQ? Check your answers here: Word scramble VIUAPEQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Dragon is the mythical animal and Earth is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
August 20, 1988 Historical Event(s)
- 1988“Black Saturday” of the Yellowstone fire in Yellowstone National Park
- 1988Iran–Iraq War: a cease-fire is agreed after almost eight years of war.
- 1988Peru becomes a member of the Berne Convention copyright treaty.
- 1988The Troubles: Eight British Army soldiers are killed and 28 wounded when their bus is hit by a Provisional Irish Republican Army roadside bomb in Northern Ireland (see Ballygawley bus bombing).
Who was born on August 20, 1988?
- 1988Jerryd Bayless, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.