August 22: Day of the Week
August 22, 2019 is the 234th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 131 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Leo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
August 22 Historical Event(s)
- 392Arbogast has Eugenius elected Western Roman Emperor.
- 1485The Battle of Bosworth Field, the death of Richard III and the end of the House of Plantagenet.
- 1777American Revolutionary War: British forces abandon the Siege of Fort Stanwix after hearing rumors of Continental Army reinforcements.
- 1902Cadillac Motor Company is founded.
- 1902Theodore Roosevelt becomes the first President of the United States to ride in an automobile.
- 1914World War I: in Belgium, British and German troops clash for the first time in the war.
- 1944World War II: Holocaust of Kedros in Crete by German forces
- 1961Ida Siekmann died attempting to cross the Berlin Wall.
- 1962An attempt to assassinate French president Charles de Gaulle fails.
- 1972Rhodesia is expelled by the IOC for its racist policies.
Who were born on August 22?
- 1771Henry Maudslay, English inventor (d. 1831)
- 1827Ezra Butler Eddy, Canadian businessman, industrialist and politician (d. 1906)
- 1874Max Scheler, German philosopher (d. 1928)
- 1909Julius J. Epstein, American screenwriter (d. 2000)
- 1922Theoni V. Aldredge, Greek-American stage and screen costume designer (d. 2011)
- 1925Honor Blackman, English actress
- 1941Hannspeter Winter, Austrian plasma physicist
- 1964Mats Wilander, Swedish tennis player
- 1968Alexander Mostovoi, Russian footballer
- 1968Rich Lowry, American magazine editor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.