August 24: Day of the Week
August 24, 2021 is the 236th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 129 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QAIDVAECQCOMR? Check your answers here: Words with these letters QAIDVAECQCOMR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
August 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1815The modern Constitution of the Netherlands is signed.
- 1912Alaska becomes a United States territory.
- 1931France and the Soviet Union sign a neutrality/no attack treaty.
- 1941Adolf Hitler orders the cessation of Nazi Germany’s systematic T4 euthanasia program of the mentally ill and the handicapped due to protests, although killings continue for the remainder of the war.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of the Eastern Solomons. Japanese aircraft carrier Ryūjō is sunk and US carrier USS Enterprise heavily damaged.
- 1944World War II: Allied troops begin the attack on Paris.
- 1963Don Schollander swims the 200-metre freestyle in less than 2 minutes for the first time, in a world record time of 1:58.
- 1989Cincinnati Reds manager Pete Rose is banned from baseball for gambling by Commissioner A. Bartlett Giamatti.
- 1998First RFID human implantation tested in the United Kingdom.
- 2006The International Astronomical Union (IAU) redefines the term “planet” such that Pluto is now considered a Dwarf Planet.
Who were born on August 24?
- 1750Letizia Ramolino, mother of Napoleon Bonaparte (d. 1836)
- 1893Haim Ernst Wertheimer, German-born Israeli biochemist, recipient of the Israel Prize (d. 1978)
- 1897Fred Rose, American songwriter and publishing executive (d. 1954)
- 1934Kenny Baker, English actor
- 1937Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, Nigerian politician (d. 1998)
- 1944Bill Goldsworthy, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1996)
- 1968Andreas Kisser, Brazilian guitarist (Sepultura)
- 1968Benoît Brunet, French Canadian ice hockey player
- 1981Chad Michael Murray, American actor
- 1983Marcel Goc, German ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.