August 27, 1979: Day of the Week
August 27, 1979 was the 239th day of the year 1979 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 126 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
A person born on this day will be 44 years old today. If that same person saved a Quarter every day starting at age 7, then by now that person has accumulated $3,387.50 today.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EBASOKJXLYC? Check your answers here: Word scramble EBASOKJXLYC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the August 1979 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1979 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Sheep is the mythical animal and Earth is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
August 27, 1979 Historical Event(s)
- 1979A Provisional Irish Republican Army bomb kills British World War II admiral Louis Mountbatten and three others while they are boating on holiday in Sligo, Republic of Ireland. Shortly after, 18 British Army soldiers are killed in an ambush near Warrenpoint, Northern Ireland (see Warrenpoint ambush).
Who were born on August 27, 1979?
- 1979Aaron Paul, American actor
- 1979Giovanni Capitello, American filmmaker and actor
- 1979Rusty Smith, American shorttracker
- 1979Sarah Neufeld, Canadian musician (Arcade Fire)
- 1979Tian Liang, Chinese diver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.