August 27, 1979: Day of the Week
August 27, 1979 was the 239th day of the year 1979 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 126 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
A person born on this day will be 39 years old today. If that same person saved a Half dollar every day starting at age 3, then by now that person has accumulated $6,726.00 today.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August 1979 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1979 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
Sheep is the mythical animal and Earth is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
August 27, 1979 Historical Event(s)
- 1979A Provisional Irish Republican Army bomb kills British World War II admiral Louis Mountbatten and three others while they are boating on holiday in Sligo, Republic of Ireland. Shortly after, 18 British Army soldiers are killed in an ambush near Warrenpoint, Northern Ireland (see Warrenpoint ambush).
Who were born on August 27, 1979?
- 1979Aaron Paul, American actor
- 1979Giovanni Capitello, American filmmaker and actor
- 1979Rusty Smith, American shorttracker
- 1979Sarah Neufeld, Canadian musician (Arcade Fire)
- 1979Tian Liang, Chinese diver
[ Ad ] Did you know? In the United States, the most popular girl name in 1979 was Jennifer with 56,718 new baby girls. For the boys, it’s Michael with 67,733 new baby boys. That’s a lot of Jennifer and Michael! (Source: ssa.gov)