August 6: Day of the Week
August 6, 2019 was the 218th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 147 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Ian’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
August 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1787Sixty proof sheets of the Constitution of the United States are delivered to the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia.
- 1819Norwich University is founded in Vermont as the first private military school in the United States.
- 1825Bolivia gains independence from Spain.
- 1914World War I: First Battle of the Atlantic – two days after the United Kingdom had declared war on Germany over the German invasion of Belgium, ten German U-boats leave their base in Helgoland to attack Royal Navy warships in the North Sea.
- 1914World War I: Serbia declares war on Germany; Austria declares war on Russia.
- 1926In New York City, the Warner Brothers’ Vitaphone system premieres with the movie Don Juan starring John Barrymore.
- 1930Judge Joseph Force Crater steps into a taxi in New York and disappears never to be seen again.
- 1965The largest swimming pool in Europe was opened in Fürstenfeld, Austria.
- 1976Zulfikar Ali Bhutto lays the foundation stone of Port Qasim, Karachi.
- 1996NASA announces that the ALH 84001 meteorite, thought to originate from Mars, contains evidence of primitive life-forms.
Who were born on August 6?
- 1619Barbara Strozzi (baptized), Italian singer and composer (d. 1677)
- 1923Jess Collins, American artist (d. 2004)
- 1932Howard Hodgkin, British painter
- 1949Dino Bravo, Canadian professional wrestler (d. 1993)
- 1955Rusty Magee, American composer (d. 2003)
- 1965Yuki Kajiura, Japanese composer
- 1973Monica Goodling, American George W. Bush Administration appointee
- 1974Luis Vizcaino, Dominican baseball player
- 1978Peng Cheng-min, Taiwanese baseball player
- 1981Diána Póth, Hungarian figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.