August 6: Day of the Week
August 6, 2021 is the 218th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 147 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UVMUIJGD? Check your answers here: Unscramble words UVMUIJGD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
August 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1538Bogotá, Colombia, is founded by Gonzalo Jiménez de Quesada.
- 1787Sixty proof sheets of the Constitution of the United States are delivered to the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia.
- 1806Francis II, the last Holy Roman Emperor, abdicates ending the Holy Roman Empire.
- 1825Bolivia gains independence from Spain.
- 1890At Auburn Prison in New York, murderer William Kemmler becomes the first person to be executed by electric chair.
- 1917World War I: Battle of Mărăşeşti between the Romanian and German armies begins.
- 1926Gertrude Ederle becomes the first woman to swim across the English Channel.
- 1926In New York City, the Warner Brothers’ Vitaphone system premieres with the movie Don Juan starring John Barrymore.
- 1930Judge Joseph Force Crater steps into a taxi in New York and disappears never to be seen again.
- 1966Braniff Airlines Flight 250 crashes in Falls City, NE killing all 42 on board.
Who were born on August 6?
- 1765Petros Mavromichalis, Greek leader in the Greek War of Independence and Prime Minister of Greece (d. 1848)
- 1883Scott Nearing, American writer and educator (d. 1983)
- 1908Helen Jacobs, American tennis player (d. 1997)
- 1926Norman Wexler, American screenwriter (d. 1999)
- 1938Peter Bonerz, American actor
- 1941Ray Culp, American baseball player
- 1957Jim McGreevey, American politician
- 1980Wilber Pan, American-born Taiwanese singer and actor
- 1983C. J. Mosley, American football player
- 1986Reby Sky, American glamour model, radio & television personality, dancer and professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.