August 6: Day of the Week
August 6, 2020 was the 219th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 147 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kaitlin’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
August 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1506The Grand Duchy of Lithuania defeated the Crimean Khanate in the Battle of Kletsk
- 1862American Civil War: the Confederate ironclad Ship CSS is scuttled on the Mississippi River after suffering damage in a battle with USS Essex near Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- 1914World War I: Serbia declares war on Germany; Austria declares war on Russia.
- 1926Harry Houdini performs his greatest feat, spending 91 minutes underwater in a sealed tank before escaping.
- 1930Judge Joseph Force Crater steps into a taxi in New York and disappears never to be seen again.
- 1942Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands becomes the first reigning queen to address a joint session of the United States Congress.
- 1960Cuban Revolution: Cuba nationalizes American and foreign-owned property in the nation.
- 1965US President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Voting Rights Act of 1965 into law.
- 1986A low-pressure system that redeveloped off the New South Wales coast dumps a record 328 millimeters (13 inches) of rain in a day on Sydney.
- 1993Heavy rains and debris kill 72 in the Kagoshima and Aira areas of Kyūshū, Japan.
Who were born on August 6?
- 1697Charles VII, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1745)
- 1775Daniel O'Connell, Irish politician (d. 1847)
- 1918Norman Granz, American record producer (d. 2001)
- 1934Billy Boston, Welsh rugby league footballer
- 1949Alan Campbell, Northern Irish clergyman
- 1951Daryl Somers, Australian television personality
- 1964Gary Valenciano, Filipino singer
- 1965Juliane Köhler, German actress
- 1974Bobby Petta, Dutch footballer
- 1982Romola Garai, British actress and model
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.