August 6: Day of the Week
August 6, 2021 is the 218th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 147 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters HDDEMOA? Check your answers here: Unscramble words HDDEMOA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
August 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1284The Republic of Pisa is defeated in the Battle of Meloria by the Republic of Genoa, thus losing its naval dominance in the Mediterranean.
- 1787Sixty proof sheets of the Constitution of the United States are delivered to the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia.
- 1914World War I: Serbia declares war on Germany; Austria declares war on Russia.
- 1917World War I: Battle of Mărăşeşti between the Romanian and German armies begins.
- 1926Harry Houdini performs his greatest feat, spending 91 minutes underwater in a sealed tank before escaping.
- 1942Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands becomes the first reigning queen to address a joint session of the United States Congress.
- 1966Braniff Airlines Flight 250 crashes in Falls City, NE killing all 42 on board.
- 1976Zulfikar Ali Bhutto lays the foundation stone of Port Qasim, Karachi.
- 1991Doi Takako, chair of the Social Democratic Party, becomes Japan’s first female speaker of the House of Representatives.
- 2001Erwadi fire incident, 28 mentally ill persons tied to chain were burnt to death at a faith based institution at Erwadi, Tamil Nadu.
Who were born on August 6?
- 1887Dudley Benjafield, British racing driver (d. 1957)
- 1889John Middleton Murry, English poet (d. 1957)
- 1902Dutch Schultz, American organized crime figure (d. 1935)
- 1926János Rózsás, Hungarian writer
- 1962Marc Lavoine, French singer and actor
- 1963Charles Ingram, British game show contestant
- 1965Vincent Wells, England cricketer
- 1970M. Night Shyamalan, Indian-born American film director
- 1972Geri Halliwell, British singer (Spice Girls)
- 1986Raphael Pyrasch, German rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.