August 6: Day of the Week
August 6, 2021 is the 218th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 147 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AKKBOQQILWPEA? Check your answers here: Unscramble words AKKBOQQILWPEA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
August 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1777American Revolutionary War: The bloody Battle of Oriskany prevents American relief of the Siege of Fort Stanwix.
- 1806Francis II, the last Holy Roman Emperor, abdicates ending the Holy Roman Empire.
- 1825Bolivia gains independence from Spain.
- 1862American Civil War: the Confederate ironclad Ship CSS is scuttled on the Mississippi River after suffering damage in a battle with USS Essex near Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- 1870Franco-Prussian War: the Battle of Wörth results in a decisive Prussian victory.
- 1890At Auburn Prison in New York, murderer William Kemmler becomes the first person to be executed by electric chair.
- 1926Gertrude Ederle becomes the first woman to swim across the English Channel.
- 1940Estonia was illegally annexed by the Soviet Union.
- 1988The Tompkins Square Park Police Riot in New York City spurs a reform of the NYPD, held responsible for the event.
- 2001Erwadi fire incident, 28 mentally ill persons tied to chain were burnt to death at a faith based institution at Erwadi, Tamil Nadu.
Who were born on August 6?
- 1715Luc de Clapiers, marquis de Vauvenargues, French writer (d. 1747)
- 1893Wright Patman, American politician (d. 1976)
- 1925Barbara Bates, American actress (d. 1969)
- 1929Roch La Salle, Canadian politician (d. 2007)
- 1955Rusty Magee, American composer (d. 2003)
- 1960Dale Ellis, American basketball player
- 1963Charles Ingram, British game show contestant
- 1977Luciano Zavagno, Argentine footballer
- 1978Brian Maillard, Swiss guitarist (Dominici)
- 1988Jared Murillo, American dancer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.