August 6: Day of the Week
August 6, 2019 is the 218th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 147 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
August 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1861The United Kingdom annexes Lagos, Nigeria.
- 1901Kiowa land in Oklahoma is opened for white settlement, effectively dissolving the contiguous reservation.
- 1926Harry Houdini performs his greatest feat, spending 91 minutes underwater in a sealed tank before escaping.
- 1942Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands becomes the first reigning queen to address a joint session of the United States Congress.
- 1960Cuban Revolution: Cuba nationalizes American and foreign-owned property in the nation.
- 1965The largest swimming pool in Europe was opened in Fürstenfeld, Austria.
- 1966Braniff Airlines Flight 250 crashes in Falls City, NE killing all 42 on board.
- 1976Zulfikar Ali Bhutto lays the foundation stone of Port Qasim, Karachi.
- 1986A low-pressure system that redeveloped off the New South Wales coast dumps a record 328 millimeters (13 inches) of rain in a day on Sydney.
- 1993Heavy rains and debris kill 72 in the Kagoshima and Aira areas of Kyūshū, Japan.
Who were born on August 6?
- 1880Hans Moser, Austrian actor (d. 1964)
- 1917Robert Mitchum, American actor (d. 1997)
- 1926János Rózsás, Hungarian writer
- 1929Roch La Salle, Canadian politician (d. 2007)
- 1938Peter Bonerz, American actor
- 1957Jim McGreevey, American politician
- 1959Rajendra Singh Indian water conservationist, Magsaysay Award (2001)
- 1976Soleil Moon Frye, American actress
- 1977Luciano Zavagno, Argentine footballer
- 1984Vedad Ibisevic, Bosnian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.