August 7: Day of the Week
August 7, 2021 is the 219th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 146 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZEMGXIVRTI? Check your answers here: Unscramble words ZEMGXIVRTI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
August 7: This Day in History
The Northern Hemisphere is considered to be halfway through its summer and the Southern Hemisphere half way through its winter on this day.
August 7 Historical Event(s)
- 936Coronation of King Otto I of Germany.
- 1794U.S. President George Washington invokes the Militia Law of 1792 to suppress the Whiskey Rebellion in western Pennsylvania.
- 1890Anna Månsdotter becomes the last woman in Sweden to be executed, for the 1889 Yngsjö murder.
- 1930The last confirmed lynching of blacks in the Northern United States occurs in Marion, Indiana. Two men, Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith, are killed.
- 1940World War II: Alsace Lorraine is annexed by the Third Reich.
- 1947The Bombay Municipal Corporation formally takes over the Bombay Electric Supply and Transport (BEST).
- 1974Philippe Petit performs a high wire act between the twin towers of the World Trade Center 1368 ft in the air.
- 1979Several tornadoes struck the city of Woodstock, Ontario, Canada and the surrounding communities.
- 1998The United States embassy bombings in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Nairobi, Kenya kill approximately 212 people.
- 1999The Chechnya-based Islamic International Brigade invades the neighbouring Russian Republic of Dagestan.
Who were born on August 7?
- 1282Princess Elizabeth of Rhuddlan (d. 1316)
- 1862Victoria of Baden, Queen of Sweden (d. 1931)
- 1911Nicholas Ray, American director and scenarist (d. 1979)
- 1937Don Wilson, England cricketer
- 1944Robert Mueller, Director of the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation)
- 1955Diane Downs, American convicted murderer
- 1970Eric Namesnik, American swimmer (d. 2006)
- 1974Chico Benymon, American actor
- 1975Gaahl (Kristian Eivind Espedal), Norwegian musician
- 1976Shane Lechler, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.