August 7: Day of the Week
August 7, 2019 is the 219th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 146 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the August calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Leo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Peridot is the modern birthstone for this month. Diamond is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Leo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
August 7: This Day in History
The Northern Hemisphere is considered to be halfway through its summer and the Southern Hemisphere half way through its winter on this day.
August 7 Historical Event(s)
- 322 BCBattle of Crannon between Athens and Macedon.
- 461Roman Emperor Majorian is beheaded near the river Iria in north-west Italy following his arrest and deposition by the magister militum Ricimer .
- 936Coronation of King Otto I of Germany.
- 1427The Visconti of Milan’s fleet is destroyed by the Venetians on the Po River.
- 1890Anna Månsdotter becomes the last woman in Sweden to be executed, for the 1889 Yngsjö murder.
- 1940World War II: Alsace Lorraine is annexed by the Third Reich.
- 1959The Lincoln Memorial design on the U.S. penny goes into circulation. It replaces the “sheaves of wheat” design, and was minted until 2008.
- 1966Race riots occur in Lansing, Michigan.
- 1976Viking program: Viking 2 enters orbit around Mars.
- 1998The United States embassy bombings in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Nairobi, Kenya kill approximately 212 people.
Who were born on August 7?
- 1726James Bowdoin, American Revolutionary leader and politician (d. 1790)
- 1779Carl Ritter, German geographer (d. 1859)
- 1879Johannes Kotze, South African cricketer (d. 1931)
- 1904Ralph Bunche, American diplomat, Nobel Prize Laureate (d. 1971)
- 1957Alexander Dityatin, Soviet gymnast
- 1960Jacquie O'Sullivan, British singer (Bananarama)
- 1966Kristin Hersh, American singer and guitarist (Throwing Muses)
- 1974Andrejs Štolcers, Latvian footballer
- 1975Edgar Rentería, Colombian baseball player
- 1978Cirroc Lofton, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.