December 1: Day of the Week
December 1, 2021 is the 335th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 30 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ULIMEK? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters ULIMEK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 1 Historical Event(s)
- 1420Henry V of England enters Paris.
- 1862In his State of the Union Address President Abraham Lincoln reaffirms the necessity of ending slavery as ordered ten weeks earlier in the Emancipation Proclamation.
- 1913The Buenos Aires Subway, the first underground railway system in the southern hemisphere and in Latin America, begins operation.
- 1941Pacific War: Emperor Hirohito of Japan gave the final approval to initiate war against the United States.
- 1952The New York Daily News reports the news of Christine Jorgenson, the first notable case of sexual reassignment surgery.
- 1958The Central African Republic becomes independent from France.
- 1966The first Gävle goat, an annual Swedish Yule Goat tradition, is first erected in Gävle.
- 1975Lambda Theta Phi - The first Latino fraternity is established in New Jersey.
- 1981A Yugoslavian Inex Adria Aviopromet DC-9 crashes in Corsica killing all 180 people on board.
- 1981The AIDS virus is officially recognized.
Who were born on December 1?
- 1766Nikolai Mikhailovich Karamzin, Russian writer (d. 1826)
- 1895Henry Williamson, English author (d. 1977)
- 1923Morris, Belgian cartoonist (Lucky Luke) (d. 2001)
- 1925Martin Rodbell, American scientist, Nobel laureate (d. 1998)
- 1957Chris Poland, American guitarist (Megadeth)
- 1970Kirk Rueter, American baseball player
- 1970Sarah Silverman, American actress and comedian
- 1971Emily Mortimer, English actress
- 1978Mat Kearney, American singer and songwriter
- 1987Brett Williams, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.