December 11: Day of the Week
December 11, 2019 is the 345th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 20 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
December 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1789The University of North Carolina is chartered by the North Carolina General Assembly.
- 1868Brazilians defeat Paraguayans at the Battle of Avaí during the War of the Triple Alliance.
- 1931The British Parliament enacts the Statute of Westminster 1931, establishing legislative equality between the self-governing dominions of the Commonwealth of Australia, the Dominion of Canada, the Irish Free State, Dominion of Newfoundland, the Dominion of New Zealand, and the Union of South Africa.
- 1937Second Italo-Abyssinian War: Italy leaves the League of Nations.
- 1948The United Nations passes General Assembly Resolution 194, which established and defined the role of the United Nations Conciliation Commission as an organization to facilitate peace in the British Mandate for Palestine.
- 1962Arthur Lucas, convicted of murder, is the last person to be executed in Canada.
- 1964Che Guevara speaks at the United Nations General Assembly in New York City.
- 1980The Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act, also known as CERCLA or Superfund, is enacted by the U.S. Congress.
- 2005Cronulla riots: Thousands of White Australians demonstrate against ethnic violence resulting in a riot against anyone thought to be Lebanese (and many who are not) in Cronulla Sydney. These are followed up by retaliatory ethnic attacks on Cronulla.
- 2006Felipe Calderon Hinojosa, the president of Mexico, launches a military-led offensive to put down the drug cartel violence in the state of Michoacan. This effort is often regarded as the first event in the Mexican Drug War.
Who were born on December 11?
- 1781Sir David Brewster, Scottish physicist (d. 1868)
- 1883Victor McLaglen, English-born American actor (d. 1959)
- 1904Marge, American cartoonist (d. 1993)
- 1925Paul Greengard, American neuroscientist, Nobel laureate
- 1933Aquilino Pimentel, Jr., Filipino politician
- 1954Santiago Creel, Mexican politician
- 1962Nele Karajlić, Bosnian singer
- 1963Jon Brion, American musician/record producer
- 1965Jay Bell, American baseball player
- 1972Daniel Alfredsson, Swedish ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.