December 11: Day of the Week
December 11, 2019 is the 345th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 20 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
December 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1789The University of North Carolina is chartered by the North Carolina General Assembly.
- 1816Indiana becomes the 19th U.S. state.
- 1927Guangzhou Uprising: Communist militia and worker Red Guards launch an uprising in the Chinese city of Guangzhou, taking over most of the city and announcing the formation of a Guangzhou Soviet.
- 1931The British Parliament enacts the Statute of Westminster 1931, establishing legislative equality between the self-governing dominions of the Commonwealth of Australia, the Dominion of Canada, the Irish Free State, Dominion of Newfoundland, the Dominion of New Zealand, and the Union of South Africa.
- 1958French Upper Volta gains self-government from France, becomes the Republic of Upper Volta, and joins the French Community.
- 1964Che Guevara speaks at the United Nations General Assembly in New York City.
- 1994First Chechen War: Russian President Boris Yeltsin orders Russian troops into Chechnya.
- 2005Cronulla riots: Thousands of White Australians demonstrate against ethnic violence resulting in a riot against anyone thought to be Lebanese (and many who are not) in Cronulla Sydney. These are followed up by retaliatory ethnic attacks on Cronulla.
- 2006Felipe Calderon Hinojosa, the president of Mexico, launches a military-led offensive to put down the drug cartel violence in the state of Michoacan. This effort is often regarded as the first event in the Mexican Drug War.
- 2006The International Conference to Review the Global Vision of the Holocaust is opened in Tehran, Iran by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad; Nations such as Israel and the United States express concern.
Who were born on December 11?
- 1883Victor McLaglen, English-born American actor (d. 1959)
- 1930Chus Lampreave, Spanish actress
- 1931Ronald Dworkin, American philosopher
- 1936Hans van den Broek, Dutch politician
- 1938McCoy Tyner, American jazz pianist
- 1946Susan Kyle (aka Diana Palmer, Susan S. Kyle, Diana Blayne, Katy Currie), American writer
- 1977Mark Streit, Swiss ice hockey player
- 1982Pablo Pérez Companc, Argentine racing driver
- 1984Spyros Vrontaras, Greek footballer
- 1988Tim Southee, New Zealand cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.