December 11: Day of the Week
December 11, 2021 is the 345th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 20 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZUISJVADTOHR? Check your answers here: Words with these letters ZUISJVADTOHR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1917British General Edmund Allenby enters Jerusalem on foot and declares martial law.
- 1934Bill Wilson, co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous, takes his last drink and enters treatment for the last time.
- 1937Second Italo-Abyssinian War: Italy leaves the League of Nations.
- 1948The United Nations passes General Assembly Resolution 194, which established and defined the role of the United Nations Conciliation Commission as an organization to facilitate peace in the British Mandate for Palestine.
- 1960French forces crack down in a violent clash with protesters in French Algeria during a visit by French president Charles de Gaulle.
- 1964Che Guevara speaks at the United Nations General Assembly in New York City.
- 1994A bomb explodes on Philippine Airlines Flight 434, en route from Manila to Tokyo, killing one. The captain is able to safely land the plane.
- 2001The People’s Republic of China joins the World Trade Organization.
- 2007Two car bombs explode at the Constitutional Court building in Algiers and the United Nations office. An estimated 45 people are killed in the bombings.
- 2008Bernard Madoff is arrested and charged with securities fraud in a $50 billion Ponzi scheme.
Who were born on December 11?
- 1725George Mason, American statesman (d. 1792)
- 1910Noel Rosa, Brazilian songwriter (d. 1937)
- 1938McCoy Tyner, American jazz pianist
- 1941J. P. Parisé, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1944Jon Garrison, American tenor
- 1958Nikki Sixx, American musician (Mötley Crüe)
- 1963Mario Been, Dutch footballer and football manager
- 1964Carolyn Waldo, Canadian synchronized swimmer
- 1972Sami Al-Jaber, Saudi Arabian footballer
- 1974Lisa Ortiz, TV animation and video game voice actress.
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.