December 11: Day of the Week
December 11, 2021 is the 345th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 20 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AKKHOOAGI? Check your answers here: Word finder AKKHOOAGI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 11 Historical Event(s)
- 969Byzatine Emperor Nikephoros II is assassinated by his wife Theofano and her lover, the later Emperor John I Tzimiskes.
- 1282Llywelyn the Last, the last native Prince of Wales, is killed at Cilmeri, near Builth Wells, south Wales.
- 1927Guangzhou Uprising: Communist militia and worker Red Guards launch an uprising in the Chinese city of Guangzhou, taking over most of the city and announcing the formation of a Guangzhou Soviet.
- 1931The British Parliament enacts the Statute of Westminster 1931, establishing legislative equality between the self-governing dominions of the Commonwealth of Australia, the Dominion of Canada, the Irish Free State, Dominion of Newfoundland, the Dominion of New Zealand, and the Union of South Africa.
- 1937Second Italo-Abyssinian War: Italy leaves the League of Nations.
- 1941World War II: Germany and Italy declare war on the United States, following the Americans’ declaration of war on Japan in the wake of the attack on Pearl Harbor. The United States, in turn, declares war on Germany and Italy.
- 1993Forty-eight people are killed when a block of the Highland Towers collapses near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- 1994A bomb explodes on Philippine Airlines Flight 434, en route from Manila to Tokyo, killing one. The captain is able to safely land the plane.
- 2006Felipe Calderon Hinojosa, the president of Mexico, launches a military-led offensive to put down the drug cartel violence in the state of Michoacan. This effort is often regarded as the first event in the Mexican Drug War.
- 2008Bernard Madoff is arrested and charged with securities fraud in a $50 billion Ponzi scheme.
Who were born on December 11?
- 1712Francesco Algarotti, Italian philosopher (d. 1764)
- 1905Gilbert Roland, American actor (d. 1994)
- 1932Aladár Kovácsi, Hungarian modern pentathlon Olympic champion (1952, Helsinki) (d. 2010)
- 1944Brenda Lee, American singer
- 1944Teri Garr, American film actress
- 1951Ria Stalman, Dutch discus thrower
- 1967Mo'Nique, American actress/comedienne
- 1971Willie McGinest, American football player
- 1972Daniel Alfredsson, Swedish ice hockey player
- 1972Sami Al-Jaber, Saudi Arabian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.