December 11: Day of the Week
December 11, 2019 is the 345th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 20 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Brody’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1282Llywelyn the Last, the last native Prince of Wales, is killed at Cilmeri, near Builth Wells, south Wales.
- 1602A surprise attack by forces under the command of the Duke of Savoy and his brother-in-law, Philip III of Spain, is repelled by the citizens of Geneva.
- 1792French Revolution: King Louis XVI of France is put on trial for treason by the National Convention.
- 1936Abdication Crisis: Edward VIII’s abdication as King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the British Dominions beyond the Seas, and Emperor of India becomes effective.
- 1962Arthur Lucas, convicted of murder, is the last person to be executed in Canada.
- 1964Che Guevara speaks at the United Nations General Assembly in New York City.
- 1972Apollo 17 becomes the sixth and last Apollo mission to land on the Moon.
- 1993Forty-eight people are killed when a block of the Highland Towers collapses near Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- 1998Thai Airways Flight 261 crashes near Surat Thani Airport, killing 101. The pilot flying the Thai Airways Airbus A310-300 is thought to have suffered spatial disorientation.
- 2007Two car bombs explode at the Constitutional Court building in Algiers and the United Nations office. An estimated 45 people are killed in the bombings.
Who were born on December 11?
- 1873Josip Plemelj, Slovenian mathematician (d. 1967)
- 1904Marge, American cartoonist (d. 1993)
- 1922Dilip Kumar, Indian actor
- 1940David Gates, American musician (Bread)
- 1951Ria Stalman, Dutch discus thrower
- 1964John Mark Karr, American who claimed involvement in JonBenét Ramsey case
- 1967DJ Yella, American DJ and music producer (N.W.A)
- 1981Paul Medhurst, Australian rules footballer
- 1981Zacky Vengeance, American musician (Avenged Sevenfold)
- 1987Natalia Gordienko, Moldovan singer and dancer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.