December 11: Day of the Week
December 11, 2020 is the 346th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 20 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters GRDEUTUG? Check your answers here: Words with these letters GRDEUTUG. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1282Llywelyn the Last, the last native Prince of Wales, is killed at Cilmeri, near Builth Wells, south Wales.
- 1868Brazilians defeat Paraguayans at the Battle of Avaí during the War of the Triple Alliance.
- 1907The New Zealand Parliament Buildings are almost completely destroyed by fire.
- 1946The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is established.
- 1962Arthur Lucas, convicted of murder, is the last person to be executed in Canada.
- 1972Apollo 17 becomes the sixth and last Apollo mission to land on the Moon.
- 1980The Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act, also known as CERCLA or Superfund, is enacted by the U.S. Congress.
- 1994A bomb explodes on Philippine Airlines Flight 434, en route from Manila to Tokyo, killing one. The captain is able to safely land the plane.
- 1997The Kyoto Protocol opens for signature.
- 2008Bernard Madoff is arrested and charged with securities fraud in a $50 billion Ponzi scheme.
Who were born on December 11?
- 1712Francesco Algarotti, Italian philosopher (d. 1764)
- 1781Sir David Brewster, Scottish physicist (d. 1868)
- 1863Annie Jump Cannon, American astronomer (d. 1941)
- 1931Rita Moreno, Puerto Rican actress
- 1937Jim Harrison, American writer
- 1946Rhoma Irama, Indonesian musician, King of Dangdut
- 1963Jon Brion, American musician/record producer
- 1981Javier Saviola, Argentine footballer
- 1984Spyros Vrontaras, Greek footballer
- 1988Tim Southee, New Zealand cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.