December 11: Day of the Week
December 11, 2019 is the 345th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 20 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
December 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1816Indiana becomes the 19th U.S. state.
- 1868Brazilians defeat Paraguayans at the Battle of Avaí during the War of the Triple Alliance.
- 1925Roman Catholic papal encyclical Quas Primas introduces the Feast of Christ the King.
- 1931The British Parliament enacts the Statute of Westminster 1931, establishing legislative equality between the self-governing dominions of the Commonwealth of Australia, the Dominion of Canada, the Irish Free State, Dominion of Newfoundland, the Dominion of New Zealand, and the Union of South Africa.
- 1937Second Italo-Abyssinian War: Italy leaves the League of Nations.
- 1946The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is established.
- 1960French forces crack down in a violent clash with protesters in French Algeria during a visit by French president Charles de Gaulle.
- 1998Thai Airways Flight 261 crashes near Surat Thani Airport, killing 101. The pilot flying the Thai Airways Airbus A310-300 is thought to have suffered spatial disorientation.
- 2001The People’s Republic of China joins the World Trade Organization.
- 2005Cronulla riots: Thousands of White Australians demonstrate against ethnic violence resulting in a riot against anyone thought to be Lebanese (and many who are not) in Cronulla Sydney. These are followed up by retaliatory ethnic attacks on Cronulla.
Who were born on December 11?
- 1801Christian Dietrich Grabbe, German writer (d. 1836)
- 1856Georgi Plekhanov, Russian revolutionary and Marxist theoretician (d. 1918)
- 1922Grigoris Bithikotsis, Greek singer (d. 2005)
- 1937Jim Harrison, American writer
- 1944Brenda Lee, American singer
- 1962Paul Haslinger, Austrian-born composer
- 1964John Mark Karr, American who claimed involvement in JonBenét Ramsey case
- 1967Mo'Nique, American actress/comedienne
- 1974Maarten Lafeber, Dutch professional golfer
- 1985Shelby Holliday, Television personality
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.