December 11: Day of the Week
December 11, 2019 is the 345th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 20 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Sagittarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
December 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1816Indiana becomes the 19th U.S. state.
- 1905A workers’ uprising occurs in Kiev and establishes the Shuliavka Republic.
- 1927Guangzhou Uprising: Communist militia and worker Red Guards launch an uprising in the Chinese city of Guangzhou, taking over most of the city and announcing the formation of a Guangzhou Soviet.
- 1931The British Parliament enacts the Statute of Westminster 1931, establishing legislative equality between the self-governing dominions of the Commonwealth of Australia, the Dominion of Canada, the Irish Free State, Dominion of Newfoundland, the Dominion of New Zealand, and the Union of South Africa.
- 1934Bill Wilson, co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous, takes his last drink and enters treatment for the last time.
- 1937Second Italo-Abyssinian War: Italy leaves the League of Nations.
- 1941World War II: Germany and Italy declare war on the United States, following the Americans’ declaration of war on Japan in the wake of the attack on Pearl Harbor. The United States, in turn, declares war on Germany and Italy.
- 1981El Mozote massacre: Armed forces in El Salvador kill an estimated 900 civilians in an anti-guerrilla campaign during the Salvadoran Civil War.
- 1994A bomb explodes on Philippine Airlines Flight 434, en route from Manila to Tokyo, killing one. The captain is able to safely land the plane.
- 1998Thai Airways Flight 261 crashes near Surat Thani Airport, killing 101. The pilot flying the Thai Airways Airbus A310-300 is thought to have suffered spatial disorientation.
Who were born on December 11?
- 1475Pope Leo X (d. 1521)
- 1761Gian Domenico Romagnosi, Italian physicist (d. 1835)
- 1918Clinton Adams, American artist (d. 2002)
- 1933Aquilino Pimentel, Jr., Filipino politician
- 1942Donna Mills, American actress
- 1944Jon Garrison, American tenor
- 1948Stamatis Spanoudakis, Greek composer
- 1951Ria Stalman, Dutch discus thrower
- 1964John Mark Karr, American who claimed involvement in JonBenét Ramsey case
- 1971Willie McGinest, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.