December 12, 1979: Day of the Week
December 12, 1979 was the 346th day of the year 1979 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 19 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
A person born on this day will be 43 years old today. If that same person saved a Half dollar every day starting at age 5, then by now that person has accumulated $7,117.50 today.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters MAAIAYRE? Check your answers here: Word solver MAAIAYRE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the December 1979 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1979 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Sheep is the mythical animal and Earth is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
December 12, 1979 Historical Event(s)
- 1979A major earthquake and tsunami kill 259 people in Colombia.
- 1979Coup d'état of December Twelfth: South Korean Army Major General Chun Doo-hwan orders the arrest of Army Chief of Staff General Jeong Seung-hwa without authorization from President Choi Kyu-ha, alleging involvement in the assassination of ex-President Park Chung Hee.
- 1979President of Pakistan, Zia-ul-Haq, confers Nishan-e-Imtiaz on Nobel laureate Dr Abdus Salam.
- 1979The unrecognised state of Zimbabwe Rhodesia returns to British control and resumes using the name Southern Rhodesia.
Who were born on December 12, 1979?
- 1979Garrett Atkins, American baseball player
- 1979John Salmons, American basketball player
- 1979Nate Clements, American football player
- 1979Sharin Foo, Danish singer and bassist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.