December 14: Day of the Week
December 14, 2020 is the 349th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 17 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CZAAPNIUNEXK? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters CZAAPNIUNEXK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1900Quantum Mechanics: Max Planck presents a theoretical derivation of his black-body radiation law.
- 1902The Commercial Pacific Cable Company lays the first Pacific telegraph cable, from Ocean Beach, San Francisco to Honolulu, Hawaii.
- 1907The schooner Thomas W. Lawson runs aground and founders near the Hellweather’s Reef within the Scilly Isles in a gale. The pilot and 15 seamen die.
- 1911Roald Amundsen’s team, comprising himself, Olav Bjaaland, Helmer Hanssen, Sverre Hassel, and Oscar Wisting, becomes the first to reach the South Pole.
- 1941World War II: Japan signs treaty of alliance with Thailand.
- 1946The United Nations General Assembly votes to establish its headquarters in New York City.
- 1964American Civil Rights Movement: Heart of Atlanta Motel v. United States – The United States Supreme Court rules that the U.S. Congress can use the Constitution’s Commerce Clause power to fight discrimination.
- 1981Arab-Israeli conflict: Israel’s Knesset passes The Golan Heights Law, extending Israeli law to the area of the Golan Heights.
- 2003President of Pakistan Pervez Musharaf narrowly escapes an assassination attempt.
- 2004Cuba and Venezuela found the Bolivarian Alliance for the Americas.
Who were born on December 14?
- 1911Spike Jones, American comedian and musician (d. 1965)
- 1914Attila Petschauer, Hungarian fencer (d. 1943)
- 1941Karan Armstrong, American soprano
- 1965Ken Hill, American baseball player
- 1966Bill Ranford, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1976Tammy Blanchard, American actress
- 1980Didier Zokora, Ivorian footballer
- 1980Tata Young, Thai-American singer
- 1981Shaun Marcum, American baseball player
- 1982Anthony Way, English singer and actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.