December 14: Day of the Week
December 14, 2019 is the 348th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 17 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Antoinette’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 14 Historical Event(s)
- 557Constantinople is severely damaged by an earthquake.
- 1814War of 1812: The Royal Navy seizes control of Lake Borgne, Louisiana.
- 1819Alabama becomes the 22nd U.S. state.
- 1902The Commercial Pacific Cable Company lays the first Pacific telegraph cable, from Ocean Beach, San Francisco to Honolulu, Hawaii.
- 1909New South Wales Premier Charles Wade signed the Seat of Government Surrender Act 1909, formally completing the transfer of State land to the Commonwealth to create the Australian Capital Territory.
- 1939Winter War: The Soviet Union is expelled from the League of Nations for invading Finland.
- 1941World War II: Japan signs treaty of alliance with Thailand.
- 1972Apollo program: Eugene Cernan is the last person to walk on the moon, after he and Harrison Schmitt complete the third and final Extra-vehicular activity (EVA) of the Apollo 17 mission. To date this is the last manned mission to the moon.
- 1988The ET3 television network is launched in Thessaloniki, Greece.
- 1999Torrential rains cause flash floods in Vargas, Venezuela, resulting in tens of thousands of deaths, the destruction of thousands of homes, and the complete collapse of the state’s infrastructure.
Who were born on December 14?
- 1009Emperor Go-Suzaku of Japan (d. 1045)
- 1787Maria Ludovika of Austria-Este, Empress of Austria and queen of Hungary and Bohemia (d. 1816)
- 1852Daniel De Leon, South American socialist (d. 1914)
- 1947Dilma Rousseff, current President of Brazil
- 1951Jan Timman, Dutch chess grandmaster
- 1975KaDee Strickland, American actress
- 1976Tammy Blanchard, American actress
- 1978Radu Sârbu, Moldovan-born Romanian singer (O-Zone)
- 1979Michael Owen, English footballer
- 1985Paul Rabil, Professional lacrosse player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.