December 14: Day of the Week
December 14, 2019 is the 348th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 17 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Terrance’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1836The Toledo War unofficially ends.
- 1911Roald Amundsen’s team, comprising himself, Olav Bjaaland, Helmer Hanssen, Sverre Hassel, and Oscar Wisting, becomes the first to reach the South Pole.
- 1913Haruna, the fourth and last ship of the Sclass Kongō, launches, eventually becoming one of the Japanese workhorses during World War I and World War II.
- 1914Lisandro de la Torre and others found the Democratic Progressive Party (Partido Demócrata Progresista, PDP) at the Hotel Savoy, Buenos Aires.
- 1941World War II: Japan signs treaty of alliance with Thailand.
- 1958The 3rd Soviet Antarctic Expedition becomes the first expedition to reach The Pole of Relative Inaccessibility in the Antarctic.
- 1971Over 200 of East Pakistan’s (now Bangladesh) intellectuals are massacred by the Pakistani Army and their local allies.
- 1972Apollo program: Eugene Cernan is the last person to walk on the moon, after he and Harrison Schmitt complete the third and final Extra-vehicular activity (EVA) of the Apollo 17 mission. To date this is the last manned mission to the moon.
- 1992War in Abkhazia: During the Siege of Tkvarcheli, a helicopter carrying evacuees from Tkvarcheli, Abkhazia, is shot down, resulting in at least 52 deaths, 25 of which are children. The incident catalyses more concerted Russian military intervention on behalf of Abkhazia.
- 1999Kiribati, Nauru and Tonga join the United Nations.
Who were born on December 14?
- 1866Roger Fry, English artist and art critic (d. 1934)
- 1958Spider Stacy, English musician (The Pogues)
- 1963Mario Yamasaki, Mixed martial arts referee
- 1963Vytautas Juozapaitis, Lithuanian baritone, pedagogue (professor) and TV host
- 1966Tim Sköld, Swedish/American musician
- 1973Amanda Byram, Irish television presenter
- 1975Justin Furstenfeld, American rock singer
- 1980Didier Zokora, Ivorian footballer
- 1981Johnny Jeter, American professional wrestler
- 1985Tom Smith, Welsh rugby union footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.