December 16: Day of the Week
December 16, 2019 is the 350th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 15 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Damian’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 16 Historical Event(s)
- 755An Lushan revolts against Chancellor Yang Guozhong at Fanyang, initiating the An Shi Rebellion during the Tang Dynasty of China.
- 1707Last recorded eruption of Mount Fuji in Japan.
- 1773American Revolution: Boston Tea Party – Members of the Sons of Liberty disguised as Mohawks dump crates of tea into Boston harbor as a protest against the Tea Act.
- 1838Battle of Blood River: Voortrekkers led by Andries Pretorius and Sarel Cilliers defeat Zulu impis, led by Dambuza (Nzobo) and Ndlela kaSompisi in what is today KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- 1863American Civil War: Joseph E. Johnston replaces Braxton Bragg as commander of the Army of Tennessee.
- 1947William Shockley, John Bardeen and Walter Brattain build the first practical point-contact transistor.
- 1971Bangladesh Liberation War and Indo-Pakistani War of 1971: The surrender of the Pakistan army brings an end to both conflicts.
- 1972Vijay Diwas: (Victory Day) is commemorated every 16 December in India as it marks its military victory over Pakistan in 1971 during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971.
- 1997An episode of Pokémon, “Dennō Senshi Porygon”, aired in Japan induces seizures in 685 Japanese children.
- 2003President George W. Bush signs the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 into law. The law establishes the United States’ first national standards for the sending of commercial e-mail and requires the Federal Trade Commission to enforce its provisions.
Who were born on December 16?
- 1872Anton Ivanovich Denikin, Russian general (d. 1947)
- 1937Joyce Bulifant, American actress
- 1939Philip Langridge, English opera singer (d. 2010)
- 1953Rebecca Forstadt, American voice actor
- 1961Jon Tenney, American actor
- 1961Shane Black, American actor, writer and director
- 1971Paul van Dyk, German DJ
- 1972Angela Bloomfield, New Zealand actress
- 1974Frida Hallgren, Swedish actress
- 1978Gunter Van Handenhoven, Belgian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.