December 16, 1971: Day of the Week
December 16, 1971 was the 350th day of the year 1971 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 15 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
A person born on this day will be 51 years old today. If that same person saved a Penny every day starting at age 3, then by now that person has accumulated $178.12 today.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters FVXUXSUOIH? Check your answers here: Words with these letters FVXUXSUOIH. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the December 1971 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1971 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Pig is the mythical animal and Metal is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
December 16, 1971 Historical Event(s)
- 1971“National Day” of the Kingdom of Bahrain is celebrated. Not to be confused with Bahrain Independence Day which took place on August 15, 1971.
- 1971Bangladesh Liberation War and Indo-Pakistani War of 1971: The surrender of the Pakistan army brings an end to both conflicts.
Who were born on December 16, 1971?
- 1971Michael McCary, American singer (Boyz II Men)
- 1971Paul van Dyk, German DJ
- 1971Seyhan Kurt, French/Turkish poet,writer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.