December 18: Day of the Week
December 18, 2021 is the 352nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 13 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters MJGKAIZTWU? Check your answers here: Word search MJGKAIZTWU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 18 Historical Event(s)
- 1787New Jersey becomes the third state to ratify the U.S. Constitution.
- 1878John Kehoe, the last of the Molly Maguires is executed in Pennsylvania.
- 1912The Piltdown Man, later discovered to be a hoax, is announced by Charles Dawson.
- 1932The Chicago Bears defeat the Portsmouth Spartans 9-0 in the first ever NFL Championship Game. Because of a blizzard, the game is moved from Wrigley Field to the Chicago Stadium, the field measuring 80 yd long.
- 1935The Lanka Sama Samaja Party is founded in Ceylon.
- 1958Project SCORE, the world’s first communications satellite, is launched.
- 1966Saturn’s moon Epimetheus is discovered by Richard L. Walker.
- 1969Capital punishment in the United Kingdom: Home Secretary James Callaghan’s motion to make permanent the Murder (Abolition of Death Penalty) Act 1965, which had temporarily suspended capital punishment in England, Wales and Scotland for murder (but not for all crimes) for a period of five years.
- 1996The Oakland, California school board passes a resolution officially declaring “Ebonics” a language or dialect.
- 2005The civil war in Chad begins when rebel groups, allegedly backed by neighbouring Sudan, launch an attack in Adré.
Who were born on December 18?
- 1851Graciano Lopez Jaena, Filipino orator and satirist (d. 1896)
- 1904George Stevens, American film director (d. 1975)
- 1917Ossie Davis, American actor and activist (d. 2005)
- 1963Greg D'Angelo, American musician (White Lion)
- 1965Shawn Christian, American actor
- 1968Rachel Griffiths, Australian actress
- 1973Leila Arcieri, American actress and model
- 1977José Acevedo, Dominican baseball player
- 1979Eric Escobar, Puerto Rican professional wrestler
- 1980Christina Aguilera, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.