December 19: Day of the Week
December 19, 2022 is the 353rd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 12 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PESUSAOYR? Check your answers here: Word scramble PESUSAOYR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1777American Revolutionary War: George Washington’s Continental Army goes into winter quarters at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.
- 1843Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol goes on sale.
- 1907A group of 239 coal miners die during a mine explosion in Jacobs Creek, Pennsylvania.
- 1916World War I: Battle of Verdun – On the Western Front, the French Army successfully holds off the German Army and drives it back to its starting position.
- 1932BBC World Service begins broadcasting as the BBC Empire Service
- 1941World War II: Limpet mines placed by Italian divers sink the HMS Valiant and HMS Queen Elizabeth in Alexandria harbour.
- 1975John Paul Stevens is appointed a justice of The United States Supreme Court.
- 1986Mikhail Gorbachev, leader of the Soviet Union, releases Andrei Sakharov and his wife from exile in Gorky.
- 1995The United States Government restores federal recognition to the Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi Indian tribe.
- 1998Lewinsky scandal: The United States House of Representatives forwards articles I and III of impeachment against President Bill Clinton to the Senate.
Who were born on December 19?
- 1894Ford Frick, American baseball commissioner (d. 1978)
- 1934Rudi Carrell, Dutch entertainer (d. 2006)
- 1936Marian McKnight, American beauty pageant contestant (Miss America 1957)
- 1947Charlie Van Dyke, American actor and radio disc jockey
- 1955Lincoln Hall, Australian mountaineer
- 1962Jill Talley, American actress
- 1966Alberto Tomba, Italian alpine skier
- 1969Villano IV, Mexican professional wrestler
- 1985Gary Cahill, English footballer
- 1990Greg Bretz, American snowboarder
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.