December 21: Day of the Week
December 21, 2021 is the 355th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 10 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters DAIEVN? Check your answers here: Words with these letters DAIEVN. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 21: This Day in History
This is a frequent day for the winter solstice to occur in the northern hemisphere and summer solstice to occur in the southern hemisphere.
December 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1826American settlers in Nacogdoches, Mexican Texas, declare their independence, starting the Fredonian Rebellion.
- 1844The Rochdale Pioneers commence business at their cooperative in Rochdale, England, starting the Cooperative movement.
- 1879World première of Henrik Ibsen’s A Doll’s House at the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen.
- 1937Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the world’s first full-length animated feature, premieres at the Carthay Circle Theater.
- 1941World War II: A formal treaty of alliance between Thailand and Japan is signed in the presence of the Emerald Buddha in Wat Phra Kaew.
- 1962Rondane National Park is established as Norway’s first national park.
- 1967Louis Washkansky, the first man to undergo a heart transplant, dies in Cape Town, South Africa, after living for 18 days after the transplant.
- 1969The United Nations adopts the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
- 1988A bomb explodes on board Pan Am flight 103 over Lockerbie, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland, killing 270.
- 1995The city of Bethlehem passes from Israeli to Palestinian control.
Who were born on December 21?
- 1850Zdeněk Fibich, Bohemian composer (d. 1900)
- 1872Sidney Ainsworth, British actor (d. 1922)
- 1914Ivan Generalić, Austro-Hungarian-born Croatian painter (d. 1992)
- 1918Kurt Waldheim, Austrian politician and diplomat (d. 2007)
- 1937Donald F. Munson, American politician
- 1951Nick Gilder, English musician (Sweeney Todd)
- 1957Ray Romano, Italian-American comedian
- 1977Toby Rand, Australian singer (Juke Kartel)
- 1981Frankie Abernathy, American actress (d. 2007)
- 1982Philip Humber, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.