December 22: Day of the Week
December 22, 2021 is the 356th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 9 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TUXEQVYUVH? Check your answers here: Word solver TUXEQVYUVH. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1769Sino-Burmese War (1765–1769) ends with an uneasy truce.
- 1920The GOELRO economic development plan is adopted by the 8th Congress of Soviets of the Russian SFSR.
- 1937The Lincoln Tunnel opens to traffic in New York City.
- 1939Indian Muslims observe a “Day of Deliverance” to celebrate the resignations of members of the Indian National Congress over their not having been consulted over the decision to enter World War II with Britain.
- 1951The Selangor Labour Party is founded in Selangor, Malaya.
- 1984Bernhard Hugo Goetz shoots four African-American would-be muggers on an express train in Manhattan, New York City.
- 1989After a week of bloody demonstrations, Ion Iliescu takes over as president of Romania, ending Nicolae Ceauşescu’s Communist authoritarian regime.
- 1992The Archives of Terror are discovered.
- 1999Korean Air Cargo Flight 8509, a Boeing 747-200F crashes shortly after take-off from London Stansted Airport due to pilot error. All 4 crew members are killed.
- 2001Burhanuddin Rabbani, political leader of the Afghan Northern Alliance, hands over power in Afghanistan to the interim government headed by President Hamid Karzai.
Who were born on December 22?
- 1095Roger II of Sicily, King of Sicily (d. 1154)
- 1819Pierre Ossian Bonnet, French mathematician (d. 1892)
- 1944Steve Carlton, American baseball player
- 1945Diane Sawyer, American journalist
- 1947Brian Daley, American science-fiction writer (d. 1996)
- 1960Luther Campbell (Luke), American rap artist (2 Live Crew)
- 1960Mark Brydon, British musician (Moloko)
- 1978Emmanuel Olisadebe, Nigerian/Polish footballer
- 1982Brooke Nevin, Canadian actress
- 1998G. Hannelius, American child actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.