December 22: Day of the Week
December 22, 2021 is the 356th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 9 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters FCXAKDUUMAOZ? Check your answers here: Words with these letters FCXAKDUUMAOZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 22 Historical Event(s)
- 69Emperor Vitellius is captured and murdered at the Gemonian stairs in Rome.
- 1885Ito Hirobumi, a samurai, became the first Prime Minister of Japan.
- 1890Cornwallis Valley Railway begins operation between Kingsport and Kentville, Nova Scotia.
- 1937The Lincoln Tunnel opens to traffic in New York City.
- 1940World War II: Himarë is captured by the Greek army.
- 1944World War II: Battle of the Bulge – German troops demand the surrender of United States troops at Bastogne, Belgium, prompting the famous one word reply by General Anthony McAuliffe: “Nuts!”
- 1944World War II: The People’s Army of Vietnam is formed to resist Japanese occupation of Indo-China, now Vietnam.
- 1989After a week of bloody demonstrations, Ion Iliescu takes over as president of Romania, ending Nicolae Ceauşescu’s Communist authoritarian regime.
- 1998Hurricane Quinto strikes the Cayman Islands, knocking out power to the entire island for 2 days. Looting is rampant, but contained after 12 hours.
- 2008An ash dike ruptured at a solid waste containment area in Roane County, Tennessee, releasing 1.1 e9USgal of coal fly ash slurry.
Who were born on December 22?
- 1853Teresa Carreño, Venezuelan pianist (d. 1917)
- 1856Frank B. Kellogg, 45th U.S. Secretary of State, Nobel laureate (d. 1937)
- 1951Dan Martin, American voice actor
- 1955Lonnie Smith, American baseball player
- 1960Mark Brydon, British musician (Moloko)
- 1960Patrick Fitzgerald, American attorney
- 1963Brian McMillan, South African cricketer
- 1966Dmitry Bilozerchev, Soviet gymnast
- 1967Richey James Edwards, Welsh musician (Manic Street Preachers) (disappeared in 1995)
- 1989Logan Huffman, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.