December 22: Day of the Week
December 22, 2019 is the 356th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 9 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Allison’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1769Sino-Burmese War (1765–1769) ends with an uneasy truce.
- 1807The Embargo Act, forbidding trade with all foreign countries, is passed by the U.S. Congress, at the urging of President Thomas Jefferson.
- 1808Ludwig van Beethoven conducts and performs in concert at the Theater an der Wien, Vienna, with the premiere of his Fifth Symphony, Sixth Symphony, Fourth Piano Concerto (performed by Beethoven himself) and Choral Fantasy (with Beethoven at the piano).
- 1951The Selangor Labour Party is founded in Selangor, Malaya.
- 1965In the United Kingdom, a 70 mph speed limit is applied to all rural roads including motorways for the first time. Previously, there had been no speed limit.
- 1974The house of former British Prime Minister Ted Heath is attacked by members of the Provisional IRA.
- 1984Bernhard Hugo Goetz shoots four African-American would-be muggers on an express train in Manhattan, New York City.
- 1989After a week of bloody demonstrations, Ion Iliescu takes over as president of Romania, ending Nicolae Ceauşescu’s Communist authoritarian regime.
- 1992The Archives of Terror are discovered.
- 2001Richard Reid attempts to destroy a passenger airliner by igniting explosives hidden in his shoes aboard American Airlines Flight 63.
Who were born on December 22?
- 1723Carl Friedrich Abel, German composer (d. 1787)
- 1765Johann Friedrich Pfaff, German mathematician (d. 1825)
- 1872Camille Guérin, French veterinarian and bacteriologist (d. 1961)
- 1905Kenneth Rexroth, American poet (d. 1982)
- 1936Hector Elizondo, American actor
- 1967Paul Morris, Australian racing driver
- 1969Myriam Bédard, Canadian athlete
- 1975Sergei Aschwanden, Swiss judoka
- 1975Stanislav Neckář, Czech ice hockey player
- 1976Katleen De Caluwé, Belgian athlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.