December 23: Day of the Week
December 23, 2018 is the 357th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 8 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
December 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1783George Washington resigns as commander-in-chief of the Continental Army at the Maryland State House in Annapolis, Maryland.
- 1793The Battle of Savenay, decisive defeat of the royalist counter-revolutionaries in Revolt in the Vendée during the French Revolution.
- 1823A Visit from St. Nicholas, also known as The Night Before Christmas, is published anonymously.
- 1919Sex Disqualification (Removal) Act 1919 becomes law in the UK.
- 1940World War II: Greek submarine Papanikolis (Υ-2) sinks the Italian motor ship Antonietta.
- 1947The transistor is first demonstrated at Bell Laboratories.
- 1948Seven Japanese convicted of war crimes by the International Military Tribunal for the Far East are executed at Sugamo Prison in Tokyo.
- 1970The North Tower of the World Trade Center in Manhattan, New York City is topped out at 1,368 feet (417 m), making it the tallest building in the world.
- 1982The United States Environmental Protection Agency announces it has identified dangerous levels of dioxin in the soil of Times Beach, Missouri.
- 1990History of Slovenia: In a referendum, 88.5% of Slovenia’s overall electorate vote for independence from Yugoslavia.
Who were born on December 23?
- 1582Severo Bonini, Italian composer (d. 1663)
- 1743Ippolit Bogdanovich, Russian poet (d. 1803)
- 1864Zorka of Montenegro, Princess of Serbia (d. 1890)
- 1918José Greco, Italian-born flamenco dancer (d. 2001)
- 1925Rayner Unwin, British book publisher (d. 2000)
- 1943Elizabeth Hartman, American actress (d. 1987)
- 1946Edita Gruberová, Slovak operatic soprano
- 1974Agustín Delgado, Ecuadorian footballer
- 1975Sky Lopez, American actress
- 1978Esthero, Canadian musician and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.