December 23: Day of the Week
December 23, 2019 is the 357th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 8 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
December 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1572Theologian Johann Sylvan executed in Heidelberg for his heretical Antitrinitarian beliefs
- 1688As part of the Glorious Revolution, King James II of England flees England to Paris after being deposed in favour of his nephew, William of Orange and his daughter Mary.
- 1793The Battle of Savenay, decisive defeat of the royalist counter-revolutionaries in Revolt in the Vendée during the French Revolution.
- 1823A Visit from St. Nicholas, also known as The Night Before Christmas, is published anonymously.
- 1936Colombia becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
- 1938Discovery of the first modern coelacanth in South Africa.
- 1948Seven Japanese convicted of war crimes by the International Military Tribunal for the Far East are executed at Sugamo Prison in Tokyo.
- 1968The 82 sailors from the USS Pueblo are released after eleven months of internment in North Korea.
- 1982The United States Environmental Protection Agency announces it has identified dangerous levels of dioxin in the soil of Times Beach, Missouri.
- 1990History of Slovenia: In a referendum, 88.5% of Slovenia’s overall electorate vote for independence from Yugoslavia.
Who were born on December 23?
- 1750King Frederick Augustus I of Saxony (d. 1827)
- 1819Jan Jakob Lodewijk ten Kate, Dutch poet and clergyman (d. 1889)
- 1907Avraham Stern, Polish-born Zionist leader (d. 1942)
- 1937Barney Rosenzweig, American television producer
- 1937Edward Irving Wortis, American author
- 1950Vicente del Bosque, Spanish football manager
- 1961Ezzat el Kamhawi, Egyptian novelist.
- 1967Tim Fountain, British playwright
- 1969Rob Pelinka, American sports agent
- 1987Owen Franks, New Zealand All Black rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.