December 28: Day of the Week
December 28, 2019 is the 362nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 3 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Capricorn horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
December 28 Historical Event(s)
- 893An earthquake destroys the city of Dvin, Armenia.
- 1795Construction of Yonge Street, formerly recognized as the longest street in the world, begins in York, Upper Canada (present-day Toronto, Ontario).
- 1832John C. Calhoun becomes the first Vice President of the United States to resign.
- 1836Spain recognizes the independence of Mexico.
- 1867United States claims Midway Atoll, the first territory annexed outside Continental limits.
- 1885Indian National Congress a political party of India is founded in Bombay, British India.
- 1895The Lumière brothers perform for their first paying audience at the Grand Cafe in Boulevard des Capucines, marking the debut of the cinema.
- 1943World War II – After eight days of brutal house-to-house fighting, the battle of Ortona concludes with the victory of the 1st Canadian Infantry Division over the German 1st Parachute Division and the capture of the Italian town of Ortona.
- 1958“Greatest Game Ever Played” – Baltimore Colts defeat the New York Giants in the first ever National Football League sudden death overtime game at New York’s Yankee Stadium.
- 2000U.S. retail giant Montgomery Ward announces it is going out of business after 128 years.
Who were born on December 28?
- 1763John Molson, English-born Canadian brewer (d. 1836)
- 1888Friedrich Wilhelm Murnau, German film director (d. 1931)
- 1913Lou Jacobi, Canadian actor (d. 2009)
- 1924Milton Obote, President of Uganda (d. 2005)
- 1944Johnny Isakson, American politician
- 1953Charlie Pierce, American writer
- 1956Nigel Kennedy, British violinist
- 1964Maite Zúñiga, Spanish athlete
- 1980Vanessa Ferlito, American actress
- 1986Tom Huddlestone, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.