December 28: Day of the Week
December 28, 2019 is the 362nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 3 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
December 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1065Westminster Abbey is consecrated.
- 1832John C. Calhoun becomes the first Vice President of the United States to resign.
- 1836South Australia and Adelaide are founded.
- 1846Iowa is admitted as the 29th U.S. state.
- 1867United States claims Midway Atoll, the first territory annexed outside Continental limits.
- 1879The Tay Bridge Disaster: The central part of the Tay Rail Bridge in Dundee, Scotland collapses as a train passes over it, killing 75.
- 1948The DC-3 airliner NC16002 disappears 50 miles south of Miami, Florida.
- 1958“Greatest Game Ever Played” – Baltimore Colts defeat the New York Giants in the first ever National Football League sudden death overtime game at New York’s Yankee Stadium.
- 1973The Endangered Species Act is passed in the United States.
- 2000U.S. retail giant Montgomery Ward announces it is going out of business after 128 years.
Who were born on December 28?
- 1928Moe Koffman, Canadian musician (d. 2001)
- 1934Rudi Faßnacht, German football manager (d. 2000)
- 1943David Peterson, Canadian politician
- 1945Birendra of Nepal (d. 2001)
- 1950Alex Chilton, American musician (The Box Tops, Big Star) (d. 2010)
- 1950Hugh McDonald, American musician (Bon Jovi)
- 1965Allar Levandi, Estonian Nordic combined skier
- 1971Benny Agbayani, American baseball player
- 1973Alex Dimitriades, Australian actor
- 2001Madison De La Garza, American child actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.