December 28: Day of the Week
December 28, 2022 is the 362nd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 3 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ANUSHZINNQ? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters ANUSHZINNQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 28 Historical Event(s)
- 893An earthquake destroys the city of Dvin, Armenia.
- 1768King Taksin’s coronation achieved through conquest as a king of Thailand and established Thonburi as a capital.
- 1832John C. Calhoun becomes the first Vice President of the United States to resign.
- 1867United States claims Midway Atoll, the first territory annexed outside Continental limits.
- 1885Indian National Congress a political party of India is founded in Bombay, British India.
- 1895The Lumière brothers perform for their first paying audience at the Grand Cafe in Boulevard des Capucines, marking the debut of the cinema.
- 1908A magnitude 7.2 earthquake rocks Messina, Sicily killing over 75,000.
- 1935Pravda publishes a letter by Pavel Postyshev, who revives New Year tree tradition in the Soviet Union.
- 1958“Greatest Game Ever Played” – Baltimore Colts defeat the New York Giants in the first ever National Football League sudden death overtime game at New York’s Yankee Stadium.
- 2008War in Somalia: The militaries of Somalia’s Transitional Federal Government and Ethiopian troops capture Mogadishu unopposed.
Who were born on December 28?
- 1902Shen Congwen, Chinese writer (d. 1988)
- 1932Dhirubhai Ambani, Indian businessman (d. 2002)
- 1939Philip Anschutz, American businessman
- 1944Johnny Isakson, American politician
- 1950Alex Chilton, American musician (The Box Tops, Big Star) (d. 2010)
- 1954Gayle King, American magazine editor
- 1972Patrick Rafter, Australian tennis player
- 1982Ferry Rotinsulu, Indonesian footballer
- 1984Leroy Lita, English footballer
- 1985Kamani Hill, American footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.