December 28: Day of the Week
December 28, 2021 is the 362nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 3 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UETIRLJW? Check your answers here: Word solver UETIRLJW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1768King Taksin’s coronation achieved through conquest as a king of Thailand and established Thonburi as a capital.
- 1836South Australia and Adelaide are founded.
- 1879The Tay Bridge Disaster: The central part of the Tay Rail Bridge in Dundee, Scotland collapses as a train passes over it, killing 75.
- 1895The Lumière brothers perform for their first paying audience at the Grand Cafe in Boulevard des Capucines, marking the debut of the cinema.
- 1912The first municipally owned streetcars take to the streets in San Francisco, California.
- 1918Constance Markievicz while detained in Holloway prison, became the first woman to be elected MP to the British House of Commons.
- 1935Pravda publishes a letter by Pavel Postyshev, who revives New Year tree tradition in the Soviet Union.
- 1944Maurice Richard becomes the first player to score 8 points in one game of NHL ice hockey.
- 1948The DC-3 airliner NC16002 disappears 50 miles south of Miami, Florida.
- 1989A magnitude 5.6 earthquake hits Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia, killing 13 people.
Who were born on December 28?
- 1164Emperor Rokujō of Japan (d. 1176)
- 1665George FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Northumberland, British general (d. 1716)
- 1879Billy Mitchell, American military aviation pioneer (d. 1936)
- 1908Lew Ayres, American actor (d. 1996)
- 1914Bernard Youens, English actor (d. 1984)
- 1931Guy Debord, French writer (d. 1994)
- 1936Lawrence Schiller, American journalist
- 1962Niel van der Watt, South African composer
- 1983Mike He, Taiwanese actor
- 1989Mackenzie Rosman, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.