December 29: Day of the Week
December 29, 2020 is the 364th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 2 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kristine’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1813British soldiers burn Buffalo, New York during the War of 1812.
- 1876The Ashtabula River Railroad bridge disaster occurs, leaving 64 injured and 92 dead at Ashtabula, Ohio.
- 1890United States soldiers kill more than 200 Oglala Lakota people with four Hotchkiss guns in the Wounded Knee Massacre.
- 1911Mongolia gains independence from the Qing dynasty.
- 1914A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, the first novel by James Joyce, is serialised in The Egoist.
- 1949KC2XAK of Bridgeport, Connecticut becomes the first Ultra high frequency (UHF) television station to operate a daily schedule.
- 1959The Lisbon Metro begins operation.
- 1975A bomb explodes at LaGuardia Airport in New York, New York, killing 11 people and injuring 74.
- 1992Fernando Collor de Mello, president of Brazil, tries to resign amidst corruption charges, but is then impeached.
- 2003The last known speaker of Akkala Sami dies, rendering the language extinct.
Who were born on December 29?
- 1938Jon Voight, American actor
- 1948Peter Robinson, Northern Ireland politician
- 1957Paul Rudnick, American screenwriter/playwright
- 1960Matthew Kandegas, American Painter
- 1967Andy Wachowski, American director
- 1967Chris Barnes, American singer
- 1969Jennifer Ehle, British - American actress
- 1975Shawn Hatosy, American actor
- 1976Filip Kuba, Czech ice hockey player
- 1988Ágnes Szávay, Hungarian tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.