December 29: Day of the Week
December 29, 2021 is the 363rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 2 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AOITIRLWNMC? Check your answers here: Words with these letters AOITIRLWNMC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1890United States soldiers kill more than 200 Oglala Lakota people with four Hotchkiss guns in the Wounded Knee Massacre.
- 1911Mongolia gains independence from the Qing dynasty.
- 1930Sir Muhammad Iqbal’s presidential address in Allahabad introduces the Two-Nation Theory and outlines a vision for the creation of Pakistan.
- 1937The Irish Free State is replaced by a new state called Ireland with the adoption of a new constitution.
- 1959The Lisbon Metro begins operation.
- 1972An Eastern Air Lines Flight 401 (a Lockheed Tristar) crashes on approach to Miami International Airport, Florida, killing 101.
- 1975A bomb explodes at LaGuardia Airport in New York, New York, killing 11 people and injuring 74.
- 1996Guatemala and leaders of Guatemalan National Revolutionary Union sign a peace accord ending a 36-year civil war.
- 1998Leaders of the Khmer Rouge apologize for the 1970s genocide in Cambodia that claimed over 1 million lives.
- 2003The last known speaker of Akkala Sami dies, rendering the language extinct.
Who were born on December 29?
- 1859Venustiano Carranza, 54th President of Mexico (d. 1920)
- 1910Ronald Coase, British economist, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1943Bill Aucoin, American rock band manager (d. 2010)
- 1952Gelsey Kirkland, American dancer
- 1959Paula Poundstone, American comedian
- 1960Katerina Didaskalou, Greek actress
- 1961Kevin Granata, American college educator (d. 2007)
- 1973Theo Epstein, American baseball general manager
- 1981Shaun Suisham, American football player
- 1994Princess Kako of Akishino of Japan
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.