December 29: Day of the Week
December 29, 2019 is the 363rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 2 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jodi’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1812The USS Constitution under the command of Captain William Bainbridge, captures the HMS Java off the coast of Brazil after a three hour battle.
- 1860The first British seagoing iron-clad warship, HMS Warrior is launched.
- 1890United States soldiers kill more than 200 Oglala Lakota people with four Hotchkiss guns in the Wounded Knee Massacre.
- 1934Japan renounces the Washington Naval Treaty of 1922 and the London Naval Treaty of 1930.
- 1940World War II: In The Second Great Fire of London, the Luftwaffe fire-bombs London, killing almost 200 civilians.
- 1949KC2XAK of Bridgeport, Connecticut becomes the first Ultra high frequency (UHF) television station to operate a daily schedule.
- 1972An Eastern Air Lines Flight 401 (a Lockheed Tristar) crashes on approach to Miami International Airport, Florida, killing 101.
- 1992Fernando Collor de Mello, president of Brazil, tries to resign amidst corruption charges, but is then impeached.
- 1998Leaders of the Khmer Rouge apologize for the 1970s genocide in Cambodia that claimed over 1 million lives.
- 2003The last known speaker of Akkala Sami dies, rendering the language extinct.
Who were born on December 29?
- 1796Johann Christian Poggendorff, German physicist (d. 1877)
- 1843Elisabeth of Wied, queen of Romania and novelist (d. 1916)
- 1859Venustiano Carranza, 54th President of Mexico (d. 1920)
- 1881Jess Willard, American boxer (d. 1968)
- 1928Bernard Cribbins, British actor
- 1938Harvey Smith, English showjumper
- 1969Allan McNish, Scottish race car driver
- 1981Shaun Suisham, American football player
- 1982Dale Morris, Australian rules footballer
- 1988Eric Berry, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.