December 29: Day of the Week
December 29, 2021 is the 363rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 2 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AKDYXOBEYE? Check your answers here: Words with these letters AKDYXOBEYE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1786French Revolution: The Assembly of Notables is convened.
- 1845In accordance with International Boundary delimitation, United States annexes the Mexican state of Texas, following the Manifest Destiny doctrine. The Republic of Texas, which had been independent since the Texas Revolution of 1836, is thereupon admitted as the 28th U.S. state.
- 1851The first American YMCA opens in Boston, Massachusetts.
- 1911Sun Yat-sen becomes the provisional President of the Republic of China; he formally takes office on January 1, 1912.
- 1930Sir Muhammad Iqbal’s presidential address in Allahabad introduces the Two-Nation Theory and outlines a vision for the creation of Pakistan.
- 1937The Irish Free State is replaced by a new state called Ireland with the adoption of a new constitution.
- 1959Physicist Richard Feynman gives a speech entitled “There’s Plenty of Room at the Bottom”, which is regarded as the birth of nanotechnology.
- 1959The Lisbon Metro begins operation.
- 1989Riots break-out after Hong Kong decides to forcibly repatriate Vietnamese refugees.
- 1996Guatemala and leaders of Guatemalan National Revolutionary Union sign a peace accord ending a 36-year civil war.
Who were born on December 29?
- 1709Empress Elizabeth of Russia (d. 1762)
- 1922William Gaddis, American writer (d. 1998)
- 1954Roger Voudouris, American singer (d. 2003)
- 1960Thomas Lubanga, Congolese political activist
- 1961Jim Reid, Scottish singer (The Jesus and Mary Chain, Freeheat)
- 1961Kevin Granata, American college educator (d. 2007)
- 1970Glen Phillips, American musician (Toad The Wet Sprocket)
- 1975Shawn Hatosy, American actor
- 1977Katherine Moennig, American actress
- 1994Princess Kako of Akishino of Japan
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.