December 3: Day of the Week
December 3, 2022 is the 337th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 28 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EURIEJUF? Check your answers here: Word scramble EURIEJUF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1834The Zollverein (German Customs Union) begins the first regular census in Germany.
- 1904The Jovian moon Himalia is discovered by Charles Dillon Perrine at California’s Lick Observatory.
- 1912Bulgaria, Greece, Montenegro, and Serbia (the Balkan League) sign an armistice with Turkey, ending the two-month long First Balkan War.
- 1912First Balkan War: The Naval Battle of Elli takes place.
- 1917After nearly 20 years of planning and construction, including two collapses causing 89 deaths, the Quebec Bridge opens to traffic.
- 1982A soil sample is taken from Times Beach, Missouri that will be found to contain 300 times the safe level of dioxin.
- 1989Cold War: In a meeting off the coast of Malta, US President George H. W. Bush and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev release statements indicating that the cold war between Nato and The Soviet Union may be coming to an end.
- 1990At Detroit Metropolitan Airport, Northwest Airlines Flight 1482 collides with Northwest Airlines Flight 299 on the runway, killing 7 passengers and 1 crew member aboard flight 1482.
- 1992A test engineer for Sema Group uses a personal computer to send the world’s first text message via the Vodafone network to the phone of a colleague.
- 2007Winter storms cause the Chehalis River to flood many cities in Lewis County, Washington, also closing a 20-mile portion of Interstate 5 for several days. At least eight deaths and billions of dollars in damages are blamed on the floods.
Who were born on December 3?
- 1596Nicolò Amati, Italian violin maker (d. 1684)
- 1684Ludvig Holberg, Norwegian historian and writer (d. 1754)
- 1838Cleveland Abbe, American meteorologist (d. 1916)
- 1838Octavia Hill, British housing and open-space activist (d. 1912)
- 1911Nino Rota, Italian composer (d. 1979)
- 1947Patricia Krenwinkel, American murderess
- 1970Christian Karembeu, French footballer
- 1976Byron Kelleher, New Zealand rugby union footballer
- 1976Mark Boucher, South African cricketer
- 1982Franco Sbaraglini, Argentine-born Italian rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.