December 3: Day of the Week
December 3, 2020 is the 338th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 28 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UMPLOXDCE? Check your answers here: Unscramble words UMPLOXDCE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1800War of the Second Coalition: Battle of Hohenlinden, French General Moreau defeats the Austrian Archduke John near Munich decisively, coupled with First Consul Napoleon Bonaparte’s victory at Marengo effectively forcing the Austrians to sign an armistice and ending the war.
- 1834The Zollverein (German Customs Union) begins the first regular census in Germany.
- 1917After nearly 20 years of planning and construction, including two collapses causing 89 deaths, the Quebec Bridge opens to traffic.
- 1944Greek Civil War: Fighting breaks out in Athens between the ELAS and government forces supported by the British Army.
- 1964Berkeley Free Speech Movement: Police arrest over 800 students at the University of California, Berkeley, following their takeover and sit-in at the administration building in protest at the UC Regents’ decision to forbid protests on UC property.
- 1970October Crisis: In Montreal, Quebec, kidnapped British Trade Commissioner James Cross is released by the Front de libération du Québec terrorist group after being held hostage for 60 days. Police negotiate his release and in return the Canadian government grants five terrorists from the FLQ’s Chenier Cell their request for safe passage to Cuba.
- 1989Cold War: In a meeting off the coast of Malta, US President George H. W. Bush and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev release statements indicating that the cold war between Nato and The Soviet Union may be coming to an end.
- 1992UN Security Council Resolution 794 is unanimously passed, approving a coalition of United Nations peacekeepers led by the United States to form UNITAF, with the task of establishing peace and ensuring that humanitarian aid is distributed in Somalia.
- 1999NASA loses radio contact with the Mars Polar Lander moments before the spacecraft enters the Martian atmosphere.
- 2005XCOR Aerospace makes first manned rocket aircraft delivery of US Mail in Mojave, California.
Who were born on December 3?
- 1864Herman Heijermans, Dutch writer (d. 1924)
- 1880Fedor von Bock, German field marshal (d. 1945)
- 1918Abdul Haris Nasution, Indonesian general (d. 2000)
- 1937Bobby Allison, American race car driver
- 1951John and Greg Rice, American twin actors, known as the shortest living twins until November 5, 2005 (at John’s death), at 2 ft. 10 in. tall.
- 1955Steven Culp, American actor
- 1963Joe Lally, American musician (Fugazi)
- 1968Montell Jordan, American singer and record producer
- 1979Rock Cartwright, American football player
- 1984Avraam Papadopoulos, Greek footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.