December 4: Day of the Week
December 4, 2019 is the 338th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 27 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Irma’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1674Father Jacques Marquette founds a mission on the shores of Lake Michigan to minister to the Illiniwek (the mission would later grow into the city of Chicago, Illinois).
- 1745Charles Edward Stewart’s army reaches Derby, its furthest point during the second Jacobite Rising.
- 1791The first edition of The Observer, the world’s first Sunday newspaper, is published.
- 1881The first edition of the Los Angeles Times is published.
- 19091st Grey Cup game is played. The University of Toronto Varsity Blues defeat the Toronto Parkdale Canoe Club 26–6.
- 1943World War II: In Yugoslavia, resistance leader Marshal Josip Broz Tito proclaims a provisional democratic Yugoslav government in-exile.
- 1958Dahomey (present-day Benin) becomes a self-governing country within the French Community.
- 1981South Africa grants independence to the Ciskei “homeland” (not recognized by any government outside South Africa).
- 1982The People’s Republic of China adopts its current constitution.
- 1998The Unity Module, the second module of the International Space Station, is launched.
Who were born on December 4?
- 1835Samuel Butler, English writer (d. 1902)
- 1886Jan Thomée, Dutch football player (d. 1954)
- 1892Francisco Franco, dictator of Spain (d. 1975)
- 1917Movita Castaneda, American actress
- 1927William Labov, American linguist
- 1940Gary Gilmore, American murderer (d. 1977)
- 1963Sergey Bubka, Ukrainian pole vaulter
- 1965Álex de la Iglesia, Spanish film director
- 1973Racci Shay, American Musician
- 1983Jimmy Bartel, Australian rules footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.