December 4: Day of the Week
December 4, 2019 is the 338th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 27 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
December 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1783At Fraunces Tavern in New York City, US General George Washington formally bids his officers farewell.
- 19091st Grey Cup game is played. The University of Toronto Varsity Blues defeat the Toronto Parkdale Canoe Club 26–6.
- 1939World War II: HMS Nelson is struck by a mine (laid by GS U-31) off the Scottish coast and is laid up for repairs until August 1940.
- 1942World War II: Carlson’s patrol during the Guadalcanal Campaign ends.
- 1967Vietnam War: US and South Vietnamese forces engage Viet Cong troops in the Mekong Delta.
- 1969Black Panther Party members Fred Hampton and Mark Clark are shot and killed in their sleep during a raid by 14 Chicago police officers.
- 1977Jean-Bédel Bokassa, president of the Central African Republic, crowns himself Emperor Bokassa I of the Central African Empire.
- 1981South Africa grants independence to the Ciskei “homeland” (not recognized by any government outside South Africa).
- 1991Pan Am goes bankrupt and ceases operations.
- 1993A truce is concluded between the government of Angola and UNITA rebels.
Who were born on December 4?
- 1852Orest Khvolson, Russian physicist (d. 1934)
- 1861Hannes Hafstein, 1st Prime Minister of Iceland (d. 1922)
- 1914Claude Renoir, French cinematographer (d. 1993)
- 1968Mike Barrowman, American swimmer
- 1972Jassen Cullimore, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1973Frank Boeijen, Dutch musician (The Gathering)
- 1977Morten Veland, Norwegian musician (Sirenia)
- 1985Carlos Gómez, Dominican baseball player
- 1986Martell Webster, American basketball player
- 1987Orlando Brown, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.