December 5: Day of the Week
December 5, 2022 is the 339th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 26 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EETGURZ? Check your answers here: Word finder EETGURZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1496King Manuel I of Portugal issues a decree of expulsion of “heretics” from the country.
- 1757Seven Years’ War: Battle of Leuthen – Frederick II of Prussia leads Prussian forces to a decisive victory over Austrian forces under Prince Charles Alexander of Lorraine.
- 1847Jefferson Davis is elected to the US senate, his first political post.
- 1941World War II: Great Britain declares war on Finland, Hungary and Romania.
- 1955The American Federation of Labor and the Congress of Industrial Organizations merge and form the AFL-CIO.
- 1979Sonia Johnson is formally excommunicated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for her outspoken criticism of the church concerning the proposed Equal Rights Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
- 1983Dissolution of the Military Junta in Argentina.
- 1993The mayor of Wien (Vienna), Helmut Zilk, is wounded by a letter bomb.
- 1995The Sri Lankan government announces the conquest of Tamil stronghold of Jaffna.
- 2007Westroads Mall massacre: A gunman opens fire with a semi-automatic rifle at an Omaha, Nebraska mall, killing eight people before taking his own life.
Who were born on December 5?
- 1822Elizabeth Cabot Agassiz, American college president (d. 1907)
- 1899Aleck “Rice” Miller, American blues musician (d. 1965)
- 1914Hans Hellmut Kirst, German author (d. 1989)
- 1932Sheldon Lee Glashow, American physicist, Nobel laureate
- 1940Peter Pohl, Swedish writer
- 1950Camarón de la Isla, Spanish flamenco singer (d. 1992)
- 1960Frans Adelaar, Dutch football player and manager
- 1968Lydia Millet, American writer
- 1968Margaret Cho, American comedian and actress
- 1983Tiffany Weimer, American soccer player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.