December 6: Day of the Week
December 6, 2021 is the 340th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 25 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EUHKTWI? Check your answers here: Unscramble words EUHKTWI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1534The city of Quito in Ecuador is founded by Spanish settlers led by Sebastián de Belalcázar.
- 1790The U.S. Congress moves from New York City to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 1917Halifax Explosion: In Canada, a munitions explosion kills more than 1,900 people and destroys part of the City of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- 1941World War II: The United Kingdom declares war on Finland in support of the Soviet Union during the Continuation War.
- 1956A violent water polo match between Hungary and the USSR takes place during the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne, against the backdrop of the 1956 Hungarian Revolution.
- 1965Pakistan’s Islamic Ideology Advisory Committee recommends that Islamic Studies be made a compulsory subject for Muslim students from primary to graduate level.
- 1978Spain approves its latest constitution in a referendum.
- 1991In Croatia, forces of the Yugoslav People’s Army bombard Dubrovnik after laying siege to the city since May.
- 1992The Babri Mosque in Ayodhya, India is demolished, leading to widespread riots causing the death of over 1500 people.
- 1997A Russian Antonov An-124 cargo plane crashes into an apartment complex near Irkutsk, Siberia, killing 67.
Who were born on December 6?
- 1640Claude Fleury, French historian (d. 1723)
- 1721James Elphinston, British philologist (d. 1809)
- 1833John S. Mosby, American Civil War figure (d. 1916)
- 1900Agnes Moorehead, American actress (d. 1974)
- 1916Hugo Peretti, American songwriter and record producer (d. 1986)
- 1929Frank Springer, American comics artist
- 1945Dan Harrington, American poker player
- 1950Karlheinz Subklewe, German footballer
- 1950Sonia Manzano, American actress and writer
- 2000Pablo Nicolás Urdangarín y de Borbón, Spanish royal
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.