December 6: Day of the Week
December 6, 2019 is the 340th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 25 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
December 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1877The first edition of the Washington Post is published.
- 1884The Washington Monument in Washington D.C. is completed.
- 1916World War I: The Central Powers capture Bucharest.
- 1917Halifax Explosion: In Canada, a munitions explosion kills more than 1,900 people and destroys part of the City of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- 1921The Anglo-Irish Treaty is signed in London by British and Irish representatives.
- 1933U.S. federal judge John M. Woolsey rules that the James Joyce’s novel Ulysses is not obscene.
- 1971Pakistan severs diplomatic relations with India following New Delhi’s recognition of Bangladesh.
- 1973The Twenty-fifth Amendment: The United States House of Representatives votes 387 to 35 to confirm Gerald Ford as Vice President of the United States (on November 27, the Senate confirmed him 92 to 3).
- 1992The Babri Mosque in Ayodhya, India is demolished, leading to widespread riots causing the death of over 1500 people.
- 2001The Canadian province of Newfoundland is renamed Newfoundland and Labrador.
Who were born on December 6?
- 1642Johann Christoph Bach, German composer (d. 1703)
- 1792King William II of the Netherlands (d. 1849)
- 1890Rudolf Schlichter, German artist and writer (d. 1955)
- 1890Yoshio Nishina, Japanese physicist (d. 1951)
- 1936Kenneth Copeland, American televangelist
- 1941Bill Thomas, American politician
- 1982Alberto Contador, Spanish cyclist
- 1982Ryan Carnes, American actor
- 1986Matt Niskanen, American hockey player
- 1995Joy Gruttmann, German singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.