December 6: Day of the Week
December 6, 2022 is the 340th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 25 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BEOGAFOYT? Check your answers here: Unscramble words BEOGAFOYT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1704Battle of Chamkaur.
- 1877The first edition of the Washington Post is published.
- 1917Finland declares independence from Russia.
- 1917Halifax Explosion: In Canada, a munitions explosion kills more than 1,900 people and destroys part of the City of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- 1933U.S. federal judge John M. Woolsey rules that the James Joyce’s novel Ulysses is not obscene.
- 1956A violent water polo match between Hungary and the USSR takes place during the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne, against the backdrop of the 1956 Hungarian Revolution.
- 1957Project Vanguard: A launchpad explosion of Vanguard TV3 thwarts the first United States attempt to launch a satellite into Earth orbit.
- 1967Adrian Kantrowitz performed the first human heart transplant in the United States.
- 1991In Croatia, forces of the Yugoslav People’s Army bombard Dubrovnik after laying siege to the city since May.
- 2006NASA reveals photographs taken by Mars Global Surveyor suggesting the presence of liquid water on Mars.
Who were born on December 6?
- 846Hasan al-Askari, Shia Imam (d. 874)
- 1586Niccolò Zucchi, Italian astronomer (d. 1670)
- 1833John S. Mosby, American Civil War figure (d. 1916)
- 1849August von Mackensen, German field marshal (d. 1945)
- 1892Sir Osbert Sitwell, British author (d. 1969)
- 1903Tony Lazzeri, American baseball player (d. 1946)
- 1909Rulon Jeffs, American religious leader (d. 2002)
- 1945Shekhar Kapur, Indian filmmaker
- 1963Ulrich Thomsen, Danish actor
- 1966Natascha Badmann, Swiss triathlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.