December 7: Day of the Week
December 7, 2021 is the 341st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 24 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Philip’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1776Marquis de Lafayette arranges to enter the American military as a major general.
- 1917World War I: The United States declares war on Austria-Hungary.
- 1930W1XAV in Boston, Massachusetts broadcasts video from the CBS radio orchestra program, The Fox Trappers. The broadcast also includes the first television commercial in the United States, an advertisement for I.J. Fox Furriers, who sponsored the radio show.
- 1936Australian cricketer Jack Fingleton becomes the first player to score centuries in four consecutive Test innings.
- 1970The first ever general election on the basis of direct adult franchise is held in Pakistan for 313 National Assembly seats.
- 1988Yasser Arafat recognizes the right of Israel to exist.
- 1994Norfolk Southern ends its steam excursion program. This is the last time that Norfolk and Western 611 is under steam.
- 1995The Galileo spacecraft arrives at Jupiter, a little more than six years after it was launched by Space Shuttle Atlantis during Mission STS-34.
- 1999The Recording Industry Association of America files a lawsuit against the Napster file-sharing client alleging copyright infringement.
- 2003The Conservative Party of Canada is officially recognized after the merger of the Canadian Alliance and Progressive Conservative Party of Canada.
Who were born on December 7?
- 1904Konstantin Sokolsky, Russian singer (d. 1991)
- 1913Kersti Merilaas, Estonian author, poet (d. 1986)
- 1919Lis Løwert, Danish actress (d. 2009)
- 1930Christopher Nicole, British writer
- 1930Hal Smith, American baseball player
- 1957Tom Winsor, British lawyer and economic regulator
- 1974Nicole Appleton, Canadian-born singer
- 1976Ivan Franceschini, Italian fottballer
- 1978Shiri Appleby, American actress
- 1984Luca Rigoni, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.