December 7: Day of the Week
December 7, 2021 is the 341st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 24 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters GBUHLBPMZAI? Check your answers here: Word scramble GBUHLBPMZAI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1862US Civil War: Battle of Prairie Grove, Arkansas.
- 1936Australian cricketer Jack Fingleton becomes the first player to score centuries in four consecutive Test innings.
- 1949Chinese Civil War: The government of Republic of China moves from Nanking to Taipei.
- 1963Instant replay makes its debut during an Army–Navy game.
- 1971Pakistan President Yahya Khan announces the formation of a Coalition Government at Centre with Nurul Amin as Prime Minister and Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto as Vice-Prime Minister.
- 1982In Texas, Charles Brooks, Jr. becomes the first person to be executed by lethal injection in the United States.
- 1987Pacific Southwest Airlines Flight 1771 crashes near Paso Robles, California, killing all 43 on board, after a disgruntled passenger shoots his ex-boss traveling on the flight, then shoots both pilots and himself.
- 1995The Galileo spacecraft arrives at Jupiter, a little more than six years after it was launched by Space Shuttle Atlantis during Mission STS-34.
- 1999The Recording Industry Association of America files a lawsuit against the Napster file-sharing client alleging copyright infringement.
- 2006A tornado strikes Kensal Green, North West London, seriously damaging about 150 properties.
Who were born on December 7?
- 1903Danilo Blanuša, Croatian mathematician (d. 1987)
- 1910Louis Prima, American musician (d. 1978)
- 1930Hal Smith, American baseball player
- 1943Bernard C. Parks, Chief of the Los Angeles Police Department
- 1949Tom Waits, American singer, composer, and actor
- 1961Lisa Fischer, American R&B singer
- 1963Theo Snelders, former Dutch footballer
- 1969Patrice O'Neal, American stand-up comedian and actor (d. 2011)
- 1979Lampros Choutos, Greek footballer
- 1979Sara Bareilles, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.