December 7: Day of the Week
December 7, 2021 is the 341st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 24 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters YYUEEMLEA? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters YYUEEMLEA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1946A fire at the Winecoff Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia kills 119 people, the deadliest hotel fire in U.S. history.
- 1949Chinese Civil War: The government of Republic of China moves from Nanking to Taipei.
- 1970The first ever general election on the basis of direct adult franchise is held in Pakistan for 313 National Assembly seats.
- 1987Pacific Southwest Airlines Flight 1771 crashes near Paso Robles, California, killing all 43 on board, after a disgruntled passenger shoots his ex-boss traveling on the flight, then shoots both pilots and himself.
- 1988Yasser Arafat recognizes the right of Israel to exist.
- 1989Sugar Ray Leonard and Roberto Duran complete their trilogy of boxing fights nine years after their first two fights, at the opening of the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada; Leonard retains his WBC world Super Middleweight title by a 12 round unanimous decision.
- 1993The Long Island Rail Road massacre: Passenger Colin Ferguson murders six people and injures 19 others on the LIRR in Nassau County, New York.
- 1999The Recording Industry Association of America files a lawsuit against the Napster file-sharing client alleging copyright infringement.
- 2005Ante Gotovina, a Croatian army general accused of war crimes, is captured in the Playa de las Américas, Tenerife by the Spanish police.
- 2008The first NFL game is played in Canada at Rogers Centre in Toronto as the Buffalo Bills defeated the Miami Dolphins 16–3.
Who were born on December 7?
- 1863Richard Sears, American department store founder (d. 1914)
- 1915Leigh Brackett, American screenwriter (d. 1978)
- 1920Walter Nowotny, Austrian fighter pilot (d. 1944)
- 1942Harry Chapin, American singer and songwriter (d. 1981)
- 1944Daniel Chorzempa, American organist
- 1947Garry Unger, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1954Mark Hofmann, American forger and bomber
- 1962Grecia Colmenares, Venezuelan actress
- 1974Kang Full, South Korean webcomic artist
- 1984Luca Rigoni, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.