December 7: Day of the Week
December 7, 2022 is the 341st day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 24 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UTIIYFDXUI? Check your answers here: Word finder UTIIYFDXUI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1724Tumult of Thorn – religious unrest is followed by the execution of nine Protestant citizens and the mayor of Thorn (Toruń) by Polish authorities.
- 1930W1XAV in Boston, Massachusetts broadcasts video from the CBS radio orchestra program, The Fox Trappers. The broadcast also includes the first television commercial in the United States, an advertisement for I.J. Fox Furriers, who sponsored the radio show.
- 1936Australian cricketer Jack Fingleton becomes the first player to score centuries in four consecutive Test innings.
- 1946A fire at the Winecoff Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia kills 119 people, the deadliest hotel fire in U.S. history.
- 1962Prince Rainier III of Monaco revises the principality’s constitution, devolving some of his power to advisory and legislative councils.
- 1963Instant replay makes its debut during an Army–Navy game.
- 1971Pakistan President Yahya Khan announces the formation of a Coalition Government at Centre with Nurul Amin as Prime Minister and Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto as Vice-Prime Minister.
- 1993The Long Island Rail Road massacre: Passenger Colin Ferguson murders six people and injures 19 others on the LIRR in Nassau County, New York.
- 1999The Recording Industry Association of America files a lawsuit against the Napster file-sharing client alleging copyright infringement.
- 2005Rigoberto Alpizar, a passenger on American Airlines Flight 924 who allegedly claimed to have a bomb, is shot and killed by a team of U.S. federal air marshals at Miami International Airport.
Who were born on December 7?
- 1545Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley, consort of Mary, Queen of Scots (d. 1567)
- 1792Abraham Jacob van der Aa, Dutch literator (d. 1857)
- 1801Johann Nestroy, Austrian dramatist and actor (d. 1862)
- 1940Gerry Cheevers, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1940Stan Boardman, English comedian
- 1973Terrell Owens, American football player
- 1976Vanessa Lorenzo, Spanish fashion model
- 1978Kon Artis, American rapper
- 1984Robert Kubica, the first Polish Formula One racing driver
- 2003Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.