December 7: Day of the Week
December 7, 2018 was the 341st day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 24 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Sagittarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
December 7 Historical Event(s)
- 43 BCMarcus Tullius Cicero is assassinated.
- 1776Marquis de Lafayette arranges to enter the American military as a major general.
- 1787Delaware becomes the first state to ratify the United States Constitution.
- 1941World War II: Attack on Pearl Harbor – The Imperial Japanese Navy attacks the United States Pacific Fleet and its defending Army Air Forces and Marine air forces at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, causing a declaration of war upon Japan by the United States. Japan also invades Malaya, Thailand, Hong Kong and the Philippines at the same time (December 8 in Asia).
- 1946A fire at the Winecoff Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia kills 119 people, the deadliest hotel fire in U.S. history.
- 1970The first ever general election on the basis of direct adult franchise is held in Pakistan for 313 National Assembly seats.
- 1999The Recording Industry Association of America files a lawsuit against the Napster file-sharing client alleging copyright infringement.
- 2005Rigoberto Alpizar, a passenger on American Airlines Flight 924 who allegedly claimed to have a bomb, is shot and killed by a team of U.S. federal air marshals at Miami International Airport.
- 2006A tornado strikes Kensal Green, North West London, seriously damaging about 150 properties.
- 2008The first NFL game is played in Canada at Rogers Centre in Toronto as the Buffalo Bills defeated the Miami Dolphins 16–3.
Who were born on December 7?
- 1764Claude Victor-Perrin, duc de Belluno, French marshal (d. 1841)
- 1862Paul Adam, French novelist (d. 1920)
- 1910Edmundo Ros, Trinidadian musician (d. 2011)
- 1915Leigh Brackett, American screenwriter (d. 1978)
- 1942Alex Johnson, American baseball player
- 1954Mary Fallin, American politician
- 1957Tom Winsor, British lawyer and economic regulator
- 1964Roberta Close, Brazilian model
- 1968Mark Geyer, Australian rugby league footballer
- 1992Michael Barron, English footballer/dancer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.