December 7: Day of the Week
December 7, 2020 is the 342nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 24 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Fannie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1787Delaware becomes the first state to ratify the United States Constitution.
- 1862US Civil War: Battle of Prairie Grove, Arkansas.
- 1949Chinese Civil War: The government of Republic of China moves from Nanking to Taipei.
- 1971Pakistan President Yahya Khan announces the formation of a Coalition Government at Centre with Nurul Amin as Prime Minister and Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto as Vice-Prime Minister.
- 1972Apollo 17, the last Apollo moon mission, is launched. The crew takes the photograph known as The Blue Marble as they leave the Earth.
- 1975Indonesia invades East Timor.
- 1988Spitak Earthquake: In Armenia an earthquake measuring 6.9 on the Richter scale kills nearly 25,000, injures 15,000 and leaves 400,000 homeless.
- 1994Norfolk Southern ends its steam excursion program. This is the last time that Norfolk and Western 611 is under steam.
- 2007The Hebei Spirit oil spill begins in South Korea after a crane barge that had broken free from a tug collides with the Very Large Crude Carrier, Hebei Spirit.
- 2008The first NFL game is played in Canada at Rogers Centre in Toronto as the Buffalo Bills defeated the Miami Dolphins 16–3.
Who were born on December 7?
- 1860Joseph Cook, 6th Prime Minister of Australia (d. 1947)
- 1887Ernst Toch, Austrian composer (d. 1964)
- 1923Ted Knight, American actor (d. 1986)
- 1942Peter Tomarken, American game show host (d. 2006)
- 1955Priscilla Barnes, American actress
- 1961Lisa Fischer, American R&B singer
- 1977Eric Chavez, American baseball player
- 1979Derek Ramsay, Filipino actor and model
- 1988Nathan Adrian, American swimmer
- 2003Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.