December 7: Day of the Week
December 7, 2020 is the 342nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 24 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Carl’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 7 Historical Event(s)
- 43 BCMarcus Tullius Cicero is assassinated.
- 1862US Civil War: Battle of Prairie Grove, Arkansas.
- 1930W1XAV in Boston, Massachusetts broadcasts video from the CBS radio orchestra program, The Fox Trappers. The broadcast also includes the first television commercial in the United States, an advertisement for I.J. Fox Furriers, who sponsored the radio show.
- 1949Chinese Civil War: The government of Republic of China moves from Nanking to Taipei.
- 1971Pakistan President Yahya Khan announces the formation of a Coalition Government at Centre with Nurul Amin as Prime Minister and Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto as Vice-Prime Minister.
- 1987Pacific Southwest Airlines Flight 1771 crashes near Paso Robles, California, killing all 43 on board, after a disgruntled passenger shoots his ex-boss traveling on the flight, then shoots both pilots and himself.
- 1988Yasser Arafat recognizes the right of Israel to exist.
- 1989Sugar Ray Leonard and Roberto Duran complete their trilogy of boxing fights nine years after their first two fights, at the opening of the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada; Leonard retains his WBC world Super Middleweight title by a 12 round unanimous decision.
- 2005Ante Gotovina, a Croatian army general accused of war crimes, is captured in the Playa de las Américas, Tenerife by the Spanish police.
- 2008The first NFL game is played in Canada at Rogers Centre in Toronto as the Buffalo Bills defeated the Miami Dolphins 16–3.
Who were born on December 7?
- 1860Joseph Cook, 6th Prime Minister of Australia (d. 1947)
- 1915Eli Wallach, American actor
- 1927Helen Watts, British contralto (d. 2009)
- 1972Tammy Lynn Sytch, American professional wrestler
- 1973Fabien Pelous, French international rugby player
- 1976Brent Johnson, Canadian football player
- 1976Vanessa Lorenzo, Spanish fashion model
- 1979Lampros Choutos, Greek footballer
- 1987Aaron Carter, American singer and actor
- 2003Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.