December 7: Day of the Week
December 7, 2019 is the 341st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 24 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Grant’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1724Tumult of Thorn – religious unrest is followed by the execution of nine Protestant citizens and the mayor of Thorn (Toruń) by Polish authorities.
- 1787Delaware becomes the first state to ratify the United States Constitution.
- 1869American outlaw Jesse James commits his first confirmed bank robbery in Gallatin, Missouri.
- 1970The first ever general election on the basis of direct adult franchise is held in Pakistan for 313 National Assembly seats.
- 1975Indonesia invades East Timor.
- 1982In Texas, Charles Brooks, Jr. becomes the first person to be executed by lethal injection in the United States.
- 1995The Galileo spacecraft arrives at Jupiter, a little more than six years after it was launched by Space Shuttle Atlantis during Mission STS-34.
- 2005Rigoberto Alpizar, a passenger on American Airlines Flight 924 who allegedly claimed to have a bomb, is shot and killed by a team of U.S. federal air marshals at Miami International Airport.
- 2007The Hebei Spirit oil spill begins in South Korea after a crane barge that had broken free from a tug collides with the Very Large Crude Carrier, Hebei Spirit.
- 2008The first NFL game is played in Canada at Rogers Centre in Toronto as the Buffalo Bills defeated the Miami Dolphins 16–3.
Who were born on December 7?
- 1907Fred Rose, Canadian communist politician (d. 1983)
- 1913Kersti Merilaas, Estonian author, poet (d. 1986)
- 1920Tatamkulu Afrika, South African poet and writer (d. 2002)
- 1930Christopher Nicole, British writer
- 1954Mark Hofmann, American forger and bomber
- 1964Peter Laviolette, head coach Philadelphia Flyers
- 1972Hermann Maier, Austrian skier
- 1976Alan Faneca, American football player
- 1982Chrispa, Greek singer
- 1990Urszula Radwańska, Polish tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.