December 7: Day of the Week
December 7, 2019 is the 341st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 24 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
December 7 Historical Event(s)
- 43 BCMarcus Tullius Cicero is assassinated.
- 1941World War II: Attack on Pearl Harbor – The Imperial Japanese Navy attacks the United States Pacific Fleet and its defending Army Air Forces and Marine air forces at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, causing a declaration of war upon Japan by the United States. Japan also invades Malaya, Thailand, Hong Kong and the Philippines at the same time (December 8 in Asia).
- 1963Instant replay makes its debut during an Army–Navy game.
- 1965Pope Paul VI and Patriarch Athenagoras simultaneously revoke mutual excommunications that had been in place since 1054.
- 1982In Texas, Charles Brooks, Jr. becomes the first person to be executed by lethal injection in the United States.
- 1988Spitak Earthquake: In Armenia an earthquake measuring 6.9 on the Richter scale kills nearly 25,000, injures 15,000 and leaves 400,000 homeless.
- 1993The Long Island Rail Road massacre: Passenger Colin Ferguson murders six people and injures 19 others on the LIRR in Nassau County, New York.
- 1994Norfolk Southern ends its steam excursion program. This is the last time that Norfolk and Western 611 is under steam.
- 2005Ante Gotovina, a Croatian army general accused of war crimes, is captured in the Playa de las Américas, Tenerife by the Spanish police.
- 2007The Hebei Spirit oil spill begins in South Korea after a crane barge that had broken free from a tug collides with the Very Large Crude Carrier, Hebei Spirit.
Who were born on December 7?
- 1803Maria Josepha of Saxony, queen consort of Spain (d. 1829)
- 1888Joyce Cary, Irish author (d. 1957)
- 1909Nikola Vaptsarov, Bulgarian poet and revolutionary (d. 1942)
- 1910Edmundo Ros, Trinidadian musician (d. 2011)
- 1920Walter Nowotny, Austrian fighter pilot (d. 1944)
- 1932Ellen Burstyn, American actress
- 1952Susan Collins, American politician
- 1954Mark Hofmann, American forger and bomber
- 1978Frankie J, Mexican-born American singer
- 1987Thomas Fiss, American singer (Varsity Fanclub)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.