December 8: Day of the Week
December 8, 2021 is the 342nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 23 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QZENWWNKIU? Check your answers here: Word search QZENWWNKIU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1854In his Apostolic constitution Ineffabilis Deus, Pope Pius IX proclaims the dogmatic definition of Immaculate Conception, which holds that the Virgin Mary was born free of original sin.
- 1912Leaders of the German Empire hold an Imperial War Council to discuss the possibility that war might break out.
- 1953United States President Dwight D. Eisenhower delivers his “Atoms for Peace” speech, and the U.S. launches its “Atoms for Peace” program that supplied equipment and information to schools, hospitals, and research institutions around the world.
- 1962Workers at four New York City newspapers (this later increases to nine) go on strike for 114 days.
- 1971Indo-Pakistani War: The Indian Navy launches an attack on West Pakistan’s port city of Karachi.
- 1987An Israeli army tank transporter kills four Palestinian refugees and injures seven others during a traffic accident at the Erez Crossing on the Israel–Gaza Strip border, sparking the First Intifada.
- 1987Frank Vitkovic shoots and kills eight people at the Australia Post building in Melbourne, before jumping to his death.
- 1987The Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty is signed.
- 1991The Romanian Constitution is adopted in a referendum.
- 2009Bombings in Baghdad, Iraq kill 127 and injure 448.
Who were born on December 8?
- 1861Georges Méliès, French filmmaker (d. 1938)
- 1862Georges Feydeau, French playwright (d. 1921)
- 1909Gratien Gélinas, French-Canadian playwright and producer (d. 1999)
- 1953Sam Kinison, American comedian (d. 1992)
- 1962Marty Friedman, American guitarist
- 1973Corey Taylor, American singer (Slipknot, Stone Sour)
- 1977Elsa Benítez, Mexican supermodel
- 1978Frédéric Piquionne, France footballer
- 1985Dwight Howard, American basketball player
- 1986Kate Voegele, American musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.