December 8: Day of the Week
December 8, 2022 is the 342nd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 23 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters NUECWA? Check your answers here: Word finder NUECWA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1912Leaders of the German Empire hold an Imperial War Council to discuss the possibility that war might break out.
- 1927The Brookings Institution, one of the United States’ oldest think tanks, is founded through the merger of three organizations that had been created by philanthropist Robert S. Brookings.
- 1966The Greek ship SS Heraklion sinks in a storm in the Aegean Sea, killing over 200.
- 1971Indo-Pakistani War: The Indian Navy launches an attack on West Pakistan’s port city of Karachi.
- 1974A plebiscite results in the abolition of monarchy in Greece.
- 1980John Lennon, an English musician (former member of The Beatles), and peace activist, is murdered by Mark David Chapman, a mentally unstable fan, in front of The Dakota apartment building in New York City.
- 1987An Israeli army tank transporter kills four Palestinian refugees and injures seven others during a traffic accident at the Erez Crossing on the Israel–Gaza Strip border, sparking the First Intifada.
- 1991The leaders of Russia, Belarus and Ukraine sign an agreement dissolving the Soviet Union and establishing the Commonwealth of Independent States.
- 1998The Australian Cricket Board’s cover-up of Shane Warne and Mark Waugh’s involvement with bookmakers is revealed.
- 2009Bombings in Baghdad, Iraq kill 127 and injure 448.
Who were born on December 8?
- 1902Wifredo Lam, Cuban artist (d. 1982)
- 1925Jimmy Smith, American jazz organist (d. 2005)
- 1943Jim Morrison, American singer (The Doors) (d. 1971)
- 1944George Baker, Dutch singer and songwriter
- 1947Kati-Claudia Fofonoff, Finnish author
- 1967Darren Sheridan, English footballer and manager
- 1974Tony Simmons, American football player
- 1981Philip Rivers, American football player
- 1982Jimmy Rave, American wrestler
- 1986Kate Voegele, American musician
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.