December 8: Day of the Week
December 8, 2019 was the 342nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 23 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Yvette’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1912Leaders of the German Empire hold an Imperial War Council to discuss the possibility that war might break out.
- 1914A squadron of Britain’s Royal Navy defeats an inferior squadron of the Imperial German High Seas Fleet in the Battle of the Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic.
- 1966The Greek ship SS Heraklion sinks in a storm in the Aegean Sea, killing over 200.
- 1982In Suriname, several opponents of the military government are killed.
- 1987Frank Vitkovic shoots and kills eight people at the Australia Post building in Melbourne, before jumping to his death.
- 1987The Alianza Lima air disaster occurs.
- 1987The Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty is signed.
- 1993The North American Free Trade Agreement is signed into law by US President Bill Clinton.
- 1998Eighty-one people are killed by armed groups in Algeria.
- 2007Benazir Bhutto, first and only female former Prime Minister of Pakistan, had her PPP Office stormed by unidentified gunmen. Three supporters are killed.
Who were born on December 8?
- 1756Archduke Maximilian Franz of Austria (d. 1801)
- 1860Amanda McKittrick Ros, Irish novelist and poet (d. 1939)
- 1925Sammy Davis Jr., American actor and singer (d. 1990)
- 1928Bill Hewitt, Canadian sportscaster (d. 1996)
- 1950Rick Baker, American film makeup artist
- 1958Bird McIntyre, Thai pop singer, musician
- 1976Brettina Robinson, singer and songwriter
- 1979Johan Forssell, Swedish politician
- 1982Jimmy Rave, American wrestler
- 1986Amir Khan, English boxer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.