December 9: Day of the Week
December 9, 2019 is the 343rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 22 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
December 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1531The Virgin of Guadalupe first appears to Juan Diego at Tepeyac, Mexico City.
- 1793New York City’s first daily newspaper, the American Minerva, is established by Noah Webster.
- 1861American Civil War: The Joint Committee on the Conduct of the War is established by the U.S. Congress.
- 1941World War II: The 19th Bombardment Group attacks Japanese ships off the coast of Vigan, Luzon.
- 1941World War II: The Republic of China, Cuba, Guatemala, the Republic of Korea, and the Philippine Commonwealth, declare war on Germany and Japan.
- 1946The Constituent Assembly of India meets for the first time to write the Constitution of India.
- 1956Trans-Canada Air Lines Flight 810, a Canadair North Star, crashes near Hope, British Columbia, Canada, killing all 62 people on board.
- 1962The Petrified Forest National Park is established in Arizona.
- 1971Indo-Pakistani War: The Indian Air Force executes an airdrop of Indian Army units, bypassing Pakistani defences.
- 2008The Governor of Illinois, Rod Blagojevich, is arrested by federal officials for a number of crimes including attempting to sell the United States Senate seat being vacated by President-elect Barack Obama’s election to the Presidency.
Who were born on December 9?
- 1876Berton Churchill, American actor (d. 1940)
- 1909Douglas Fairbanks, Jr., American actor (d. 2000)
- 1927Pierre Henry, French composer
- 1938David Houston, American country singer (d. 1993)
- 1941Beau Bridges, American actor
- 1941Dan Hicks, American musician
- 1942Billy Bremner, Scottish footballer (d. 1997)
- 1954Herman Finkers, Dutch comedian
- 1955Chamras Saewataporn, Thai composer and musician
- 1987Mat Latos, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.