December 9: Day of the Week
December 9, 2021 is the 343rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 22 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UAMHYKE? Check your answers here: Word solver UAMHYKE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 9 Historical Event(s)
- 730Battle of Marj Ardabil: the Khazars annihilate an Umayyad army and kill its commander, al-Djarrah ibn Abdullah
- 1888Statistician Herman Hollerith installs his computing device at the United States War Department.
- 1911A mine explosion near Briceville, Tennessee, kills 84 miners in spite of rescue efforts led by the United States Bureau of Mines.
- 1922Gabriel Narutowicz is announced the first president of Poland.
- 1960The first episode of the world’s longest-running television soap opera Coronation Street is broadcast in the United Kingdom.
- 1961Tanganyika becomes independent from Britain.
- 1965The Kecksburg UFO incident: a fireball is seen from Michigan to Pennsylvania; witnesses report something crashing in the woods near Pittsburgh. In 2005 NASA admits that it examined the object.
- 1968NLS (a system for which hypertext and the computer mouse were developed) is publicly demonstrated for the first time in San Francisco.
- 1971The United Arab Emirates join the United Nations.
- 2000The Supreme Court of the United States stays the sixth Florida recount.
Who were born on December 9?
- 1447Chenghua, Emperor of China (d. 1487)
- 1610Baldassare Ferri, Italian castrato (d. 1680)
- 1748Claude Louis Berthollet, French chemist (d. 1822)
- 1933Ashleigh Brilliant, American writer (Pot-Shots)
- 1941Beau Bridges, American actor
- 1942Dick Butkus, American football player
- 1958Rikk Agnew, American guitarist (The Adolescents)
- 1960Dobroslav Paraga,Croatian politician and editor
- 1960Juan Samuel, Dominican baseball player
- 1984Leon Hall, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.