December 9: Day of the Week
December 9, 2018 was the 343rd day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 22 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Sagittarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
December 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1425The Catholic University of Leuven is founded.
- 1824Patriot forces led by General Antonio José de Sucre defeat a Royalist army in the Battle of Ayacucho, putting an end to the Peruvian War of Independence.
- 1888Statistician Herman Hollerith installs his computing device at the United States War Department.
- 1897Activist Marguerite Durand founds the feminist daily newspaper, La Fronde, in Paris.
- 1922Gabriel Narutowicz is announced the first president of Poland.
- 1946The Constituent Assembly of India meets for the first time to write the Constitution of India.
- 1956Trans-Canada Air Lines Flight 810, a Canadair North Star, crashes near Hope, British Columbia, Canada, killing all 62 people on board.
- 1962The Petrified Forest National Park is established in Arizona.
- 1965The Kecksburg UFO incident: a fireball is seen from Michigan to Pennsylvania; witnesses report something crashing in the woods near Pittsburgh. In 2005 NASA admits that it examined the object.
- 1969United States Secretary of State William P. Rogers proposes his plan for a ceasefire in the War of Attrition; Egypt and Jordan accept it over the objections of the PLO, which leads to civil war in Jordan in September 1970.
Who were born on December 9?
- 1813Thomas Andrews, Irish chemist (d. 1885)
- 1850Emma Abbott, American soprano (d. 1891)
- 1867Gregorios Xenopoulos, Greek writer (d. 1951)
- 1934Dame Judi Dench, English actress
- 1937Darwin Joston, American actor (d. 1998)
- 1946Shatrughan Sinha, Indian actor
- 1952Liaqat Baloch, Pakistani politician
- 1964Johannes B. Kerner, German TV presenter
- 1977Shayne Graham, American football player
- 1990LaFee, German singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.