December 9: Day of the Week
December 9, 2021 is the 343rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 22 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AOSEABUFX? Check your answers here: Word finder AOSEABUFX. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 9 Historical Event(s)
- 730Battle of Marj Ardabil: the Khazars annihilate an Umayyad army and kill its commander, al-Djarrah ibn Abdullah
- 1775American Revolutionary War: British troops lose the Battle of Great Bridge, and leave Virginia soon afterward.
- 1875The Massachusetts Rifle Association, “America’s Oldest Active Gun Club”, is founded.
- 1917World War I: In Palestine, Field Marshal Edmund Allenby captures Jerusalem.
- 1931The Constituent Cortes approves the constitution which establishes the Second Spanish Republic.
- 1940World War II: Operation Compass – British and Indian troops under the command of Major-General Richard O'Connor attack Italian forces near Sidi Barrani in Egypt.
- 1941World War II: The 19th Bombardment Group attacks Japanese ships off the coast of Vigan, Luzon.
- 1946The “Subsequent Nuremberg Trials” begin with the “Doctors’ Trial”, prosecuting doctors alleged to be involved in human experimentation.
- 1956Trans-Canada Air Lines Flight 810, a Canadair North Star, crashes near Hope, British Columbia, Canada, killing all 62 people on board.
- 1965The Kecksburg UFO incident: a fireball is seen from Michigan to Pennsylvania; witnesses report something crashing in the woods near Pittsburgh. In 2005 NASA admits that it examined the object.
Who were born on December 9?
- 1837Émile Waldteufel, French composer (d. 1915)
- 1928André Milhoux, Belgian racing driver
- 1930Buck Henry, American actor
- 1933Monique Miller, French Canadian actress
- 1938Deacon Jones, American football player
- 1954Henk ten Cate, Dutch footballplayer and football manager
- 1963Masako, Crown Princess of Japan
- 1979Olivia Lufkin, Japanese singer
- 1983Jermaine Beckford, English footballer
- 1984Leon Hall, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.