December 9: Day of the Week
December 9, 2019 is the 343rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 22 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Sagittarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
December 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1775American Revolutionary War: British troops lose the Battle of Great Bridge, and leave Virginia soon afterward.
- 1872In Louisiana, P. B. S. Pinchback becomes the first serving African-American governor of a U.S. state.
- 1897Activist Marguerite Durand founds the feminist daily newspaper, La Fronde, in Paris.
- 1905In France, the law separating church and state is passed.
- 1911A mine explosion near Briceville, Tennessee, kills 84 miners in spite of rescue efforts led by the United States Bureau of Mines.
- 1917World War I: In Palestine, Field Marshal Edmund Allenby captures Jerusalem.
- 1941World War II: The Republic of China, Cuba, Guatemala, the Republic of Korea, and the Philippine Commonwealth, declare war on Germany and Japan.
- 1962The Petrified Forest National Park is established in Arizona.
- 1979The eradication of the smallpox virus is certified, making smallpox the first and to date only human disease driven to extinction.
- 2000The Supreme Court of the United States stays the sixth Florida recount.
Who were born on December 9?
- 1899Jean de Brunhoff, French author (d. 1937)
- 1915Elisabeth Schwarzkopf, German-born soprano (d. 2006)
- 1917James Angleton, head of counterintelligence for the CIA (d. 1987)
- 1938Deacon Jones, American football player
- 1947Tom Daschle, American politician
- 1968Brent Price, American basketball player
- 1973Fabio Artico, Italian footballer
- 1977Shayne Graham, American football player
- 1979Stephen McPhail, Irish footballer
- 1990LaFee, German singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.