December 9: Day of the Week
December 9, 2020 is the 344th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 22 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Norman’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
December 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1531The Virgin of Guadalupe first appears to Juan Diego at Tepeyac, Mexico City.
- 1775American Revolutionary War: British troops lose the Battle of Great Bridge, and leave Virginia soon afterward.
- 1861American Civil War: The Joint Committee on the Conduct of the War is established by the U.S. Congress.
- 1897Activist Marguerite Durand founds the feminist daily newspaper, La Fronde, in Paris.
- 1937Second Sino-Japanese War: Battle of Nanjing – Japanese troops under the command of Lt. Gen. Asaka Yasuhiko launch an assault on the Chinese city of Nanjing.
- 1946The “Subsequent Nuremberg Trials” begin with the “Doctors’ Trial”, prosecuting doctors alleged to be involved in human experimentation.
- 1956Trans-Canada Air Lines Flight 810, a Canadair North Star, crashes near Hope, British Columbia, Canada, killing all 62 people on board.
- 1966Barbados joins the United Nations.
- 1971Indo-Pakistani War: The Indian Air Force executes an airdrop of Indian Army units, bypassing Pakistani defences.
- 2000The Supreme Court of the United States stays the sixth Florida recount.
Who were born on December 9?
- 1787John Dobson, English architect (d. 1865)
- 1845Joel Chandler Harris, American writer (Uncle Remus)(d. 1908)
- 1945Michael Nouri, American actor
- 1958Nick Seymour, Australian bassist (Crowded House)
- 1965Joe Ausanio, American baseball player
- 1967Jason Dozzell, English footballer
- 1972Fabrice Santoro, Tahitian-born French tennis player
- 1982Nathalie De Vos, Belgian athlete
- 1982Ryan Grant, American football player
- 1984Leon Hall, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.