December 9: Day of the Week
December 9, 2021 is the 343rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 22 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the December calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Sagittarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CKDUBICOVZ? Check your answers here: Word search CKDUBICOVZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
December 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1851The first YMCA in North America is established in Montreal, Quebec.
- 1856The Iranian city of Bushehr surrenders to occupying British forces.
- 1875The Massachusetts Rifle Association, “America’s Oldest Active Gun Club”, is founded.
- 1905In France, the law separating church and state is passed.
- 1911A mine explosion near Briceville, Tennessee, kills 84 miners in spite of rescue efforts led by the United States Bureau of Mines.
- 1946The Constituent Assembly of India meets for the first time to write the Constitution of India.
- 1958The John Birch Society is founded in the United States.
- 1966Barbados joins the United Nations.
- 1973British and Irish authorities sign the Sunningdale Agreement in an attempt to establish a power-sharing Northern Ireland Executive and a cross-border Council of Ireland.
- 2003A blast in the center of Moscow kills six people and wounds several more.
Who were born on December 9?
- 1845Joel Chandler Harris, American writer (Uncle Remus)(d. 1908)
- 1882Joaquín Turina, Spanish composer (d. 1949)
- 1898Emmett Kelly, American circus clown (d. 1979)
- 1914Frances Reid, American actress (d. 2010)
- 1930Buck Henry, American actor
- 1933Monique Miller, French Canadian actress
- 1949Tom Kite, American golfer
- 1954Henk ten Cate, Dutch footballplayer and football manager
- 1966Martin Taylor, footballer coach
- 1985Wil Besseling, Dutch professional golfer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.