February 10: Day of the Week
February 10, 2017 was the 41st day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 324 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1306In front of the high altar of Greyfriars Church in Dumfries, Robert the Bruce murders John Comyn, his leading political rival, sparking revolution in the Scottish Wars of Independence
- 1567An explosion destroys the Kirk o' Field house in Edinburgh, Scotland. The second husband of Mary, Queen of Scots, Lord Darnley is found strangled, in what many believe to be an assassination.
- 1863The fire extinguisher is patented.
- 1942Japanese submarine bombards Midway Atoll.
- 1943World War II: Attempting to completely lift the Siege of Leningrad, the Soviet Red Army engages German troops and Spanish volunteers in the Battle of Krasny Bor.
- 1994New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dog in Chinese astrology.
- 1996The IBM supercomputer Deep Blue defeats Garry Kasparov for the first time.
- 1998Voters in Maine repeal a gay rights law passed in 1997 becoming the first U.S. state to abandon such a law.
- 2005North Korea announces that it possesses nuclear weapons.
- 2009The communication satellites Iridium 33 and Kosmos-2251 collide in orbit, destroying both.
Who were born on February 10?
- 1859Alexandre Millerand, French politician (d. 1943)
- 1943Bill Laskey, American football player
- 1952Lee Hsien Loong, Singaporean politician
- 1965Mario Jean, Quebec comedian and television actor
- 1978Don Omar, Puerto Rican singer
- 1979Joey Hand, American race car driver
- 1979Jumaine Jones, American basketball player
- 1980Bruno Sundov, Croatian basketball player
- 1986Jeff Adrien, American basketball player
- 1987Choi Siwon, South Korean singer (Super Junior)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.