February 10: Day of the Week
February 10, 2021 was the 41st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 324 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters LKEXLAFGEIV? Check your answers here: Word search LKEXLAFGEIV. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1355The St. Scholastica’s Day riot breaks out in Oxford, England, leaving 63 scholars and perhaps 30 locals dead in two days.
- 1840Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom marries Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.
- 1863The fire extinguisher is patented.
- 1870The YWCA is founded in New York City.
- 1906HMS Dreadnought is launched.
- 1920Jozef Haller de Hallenburg performs symbolic wedding of Poland to the sea, celebrating restitution of Polish access to open sea.
- 1933The New York City-based Postal Telegraph Company introduces the first singing telegram.
- 1947Italy cedes most of Venezia Giulia to Yugoslavia.
- 1954President Dwight Eisenhower warns against United States intervention in Vietnam.
- 2043New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Pig in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 10?
- 1903Matthias Sindelar, Austrian footballer (d. 1939)
- 1924Bud Poile, Canadian hockey player and executive (d. 2005)
- 1929Jim Whittaker, American mountaineer
- 1939Peter Purves, British actor and television presenter
- 1943Bill Laskey, American football player
- 1944Rufus Reid, American jazz bassist
- 1962Piero Pelù, Italian singer and songwriter (Litfiba)
- 1965Mario Jean, Quebec comedian and television actor
- 1966Daryl Johnston, American football player
- 1975Hiroki Kuroda, Japanese baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.