February 10: Day of the Week
February 10, 2019 was the 41st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 324 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1258Baghdad falls to the Mongols, and the Abbasid Caliphate is destroyed.
- 1355The St. Scholastica’s Day riot breaks out in Oxford, England, leaving 63 scholars and perhaps 30 locals dead in two days.
- 1763French and Indian War: The 1763 Treaty of Paris ends the war and France cedes Quebec to Great Britain.
- 1906HMS Dreadnought is launched.
- 1910New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dog in Chinese astrology.
- 1920Jozef Haller de Hallenburg performs symbolic wedding of Poland to the sea, celebrating restitution of Polish access to open sea.
- 1936Second Italo-Abyssinian War: Italian troops launched the Battle of Amba Aradam against Ethiopian defenders.
- 1967The 25th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified.
- 1981A fire at the Las Vegas Hilton hotel-casino kills eight and injures 198.
- 2003France and Belgium break the NATO procedure of silent approval concerning the timing of protective measures for Turkey in case of a possible war with Iraq.
Who were born on February 10?
- 1606Christine Marie of France, regent of Savoy (d. 1663)
- 1744William Cornwallis, Royal Navy admiral (d.1819)
- 1892Alan Hale Sr., American actor (d. 1950)
- 1902Walter Houser Brattain, American physicist, Nobel Prize Laureate (d. 1987)
- 1906Lon Chaney Jr., American actor (d. 1973)
- 1929Jerry Goldsmith, American composer (d. 2004)
- 1931Doug Young, American voice actor
- 1949Harold Sylvester, American actor
- 1968Atika Suri, Indonesian television newscaster
- 1981Holly Willoughby, British TV presenter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.