February 10: Day of the Week
February 10, 2021 was the 41st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 324 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OYHEOZTAH? Check your answers here: Words with these letters OYHEOZTAH. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1258Baghdad falls to the Mongols, and the Abbasid Caliphate is destroyed.
- 1567An explosion destroys the Kirk o' Field house in Edinburgh, Scotland. The second husband of Mary, Queen of Scots, Lord Darnley is found strangled, in what many believe to be an assassination.
- 1798Louis Alexandre Berthier invades Rome, proclaims a Roman Republic on February 15 and then on February 20 takes Pope Pius VI prisoner.
- 1846First Anglo-Sikh War: Battle of Sobraon – British defeat Sikhs in final battle of the war
- 1863The fire extinguisher is patented.
- 1910New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dog in Chinese astrology.
- 1920Jozef Haller de Hallenburg performs symbolic wedding of Poland to the sea, celebrating restitution of Polish access to open sea.
- 1954President Dwight Eisenhower warns against United States intervention in Vietnam.
- 1981A fire at the Las Vegas Hilton hotel-casino kills eight and injures 198.
- 2003France and Belgium break the NATO procedure of silent approval concerning the timing of protective measures for Turkey in case of a possible war with Iraq.
Who were born on February 10?
- 1606Christine Marie of France, regent of Savoy (d. 1663)
- 1609John Suckling, English poet (d. 1642)
- 1893Bill Tilden, American tennis player (d. 1953)
- 1902Walter Houser Brattain, American physicist, Nobel Prize Laureate (d. 1987)
- 1939Adrienne Clarkson, Canadian politician
- 1944Peter Allen, Australian singer and actor (d. 1992)
- 1964Francesca Neri, Italian actress
- 1966Daryl Johnston, American football player
- 1968Atika Suri, Indonesian television newscaster
- 1970Alberto Castillo, Dominican baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.