February 11: Day of the Week
February 11, 2019 was the 42nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 323 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Scott’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
February 11 Historical Event(s)
- 660 BCTraditional date for the foundation of Japan by Emperor Jimmu.
- 1794First session of United States Senate open to the public.
- 1808Jesse Fell burns anthracite on an open grate as an experiment in heating homes with coal.
- 1812Massachusetts governor Elbridge Gerry “gerrymanders” for the first time.
- 1840Gaetano Donizetti’s opera La Fille du Régiment receives its first performance in Paris.
- 1843Giuseppe Verdi’s opera I Lombardi receives its first performance in Milan.
- 1919Friedrich Ebert (SPD), is elected President of Germany.
- 1968Israeli-Jordanian border clashes.
- 1978Censorship: the People’s Republic of China lifts a ban on works by Aristotle, William Shakespeare and Charles Dickens.
- 2032New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rat in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 11?
- 1819Samuel Parkman Tuckerman, American composer (d. 1890)
- 1919Eva Gabor, Hungarian-born actress (d. 1995)
- 1935Bent Lorentzen, Danish composer
- 1939Jane Yolen, American author
- 1947Derek Shulman, English musician
- 1949Guy Cloutier, French-Canadian music executive; father of Véronique Cloutier
- 1964Sarah Palin, American politician and 9th Governor of Alaska
- 1967Hank Gathers, American basketball player (d. 1990)
- 1976Brice Beckham, American actor
- 1987Brian Matusz, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.