February 11: Day of the Week
February 11, 2017 was the 42nd day of the year 2017 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 323 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 11 Historical Event(s)
- 244Emperor Gordian III is murdered by mutinous soldiers in Zaitha (Mesopotamia). A mound is raised at Carchemish in his memory.
- 1790The Religious Society of Friends, also known as Quakers, petitions U.S. Congress for abolition of slavery.
- 1855Kassa Hailu is crowned Tewodros II, Emperor of Ethiopia, by Abuna Salama III in a ceremony at the church of Derasge Maryam
- 1873King Amadeus I of Spain abdicates.
- 1903Anton Bruckner’s 9th Symphony receives its first performance in Vienna.
- 1906Pope Pius X publishes the encyclical Vehementer nos.
- 1964The Republic of China (commonly known as Taiwan) breaks off diplomatic relations with France.
- 1997Space Shuttle Discovery is launched on a mission to service the Hubble Space Telescope.
- 2008Rebel East Timorese soldiers seriously wound President José Ramos-Horta. Rebel leader Alfredo Reinado is killed in the attack.
- 2032New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rat in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 11?
- 1535Pope Gregory XIV (d. 1591)
- 1887John van Melle, South African writer (d. 1953)
- 1932Dennis Skinner, British politician
- 1959Bradley Cole, American actor
- 1971Damian Lewis, British actor
- 1972Brian Daubach, American baseball player
- 1974D'Angelo, American singer
- 1974Nick Barmby, English footballer
- 1976Peter Hayes, American musician
- 1983Tihhon Šišov, Estonian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.