February 11: Day of the Week
February 11, 2018 was the 42nd day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 323 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1531Henry VIII of England is recognized as supreme head of the Church of England.
- 1790The Religious Society of Friends, also known as Quakers, petitions U.S. Congress for abolition of slavery.
- 1812Massachusetts governor Elbridge Gerry “gerrymanders” for the first time.
- 1843Giuseppe Verdi’s opera I Lombardi receives its first performance in Milan.
- 1916Emma Goldman is arrested for lecturing on birth control.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of Bukit Timah is fought in Singapore.
- 1953President Dwight Eisenhower refuses a clemency appeal for Ethel and Julius Rosenberg.
- 1959The Federation of Arab Emirates of the South, which will later become South Yemen, is created as a protectorate of the United Kingdom.
- 1975New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- 2008Rebel East Timorese soldiers seriously wound President José Ramos-Horta. Rebel leader Alfredo Reinado is killed in the attack.
Who were born on February 11?
- 1535Pope Gregory XIV (d. 1591)
- 1755Albert Christoph Dies, German composer (d. 1822)
- 1812Alexander Hamilton Stephens, American politician, Vice President of the Confederate States of America and 50th Governor of Georgia (d. 1883)
- 1898Leó Szilárd, Hungarian-born physicist (d. 1964)
- 1909Max Baer, American boxer and actor (d. 1959)
- 1923Antony Flew, British philosopher (d. 2010)
- 1938Bobby “Boris” Pickett, American singer and songwriter (d. 2007)
- 1963Diane Franklin, American actress
- 1965Vicki Wilson, Australian netballer
- 1979Brandy, American singer and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.