February 11: Day of the Week
February 11, 2019 was the 42nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 323 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
February 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1752Pennsylvania Hospital, the first hospital in the United States, is opened by Benjamin Franklin.
- 1794First session of United States Senate open to the public.
- 1855Kassa Hailu is crowned Tewodros II, Emperor of Ethiopia, by Abuna Salama III in a ceremony at the church of Derasge Maryam
- 1916Emma Goldman is arrested for lecturing on birth control.
- 1953President Dwight Eisenhower refuses a clemency appeal for Ethel and Julius Rosenberg.
- 1971Eighty-seven countries, including the US, UK, and USSR, sign the Seabed Treaty outlawing nuclear weapons on the ocean floor in international waters.
- 1975New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- 1978Censorship: the People’s Republic of China lifts a ban on works by Aristotle, William Shakespeare and Charles Dickens.
- 1990Nelson Mandela is released from Victor Verster Prison outside Cape Town, South Africa after 27 years as a political prisoner.
- 2008Rebel East Timorese soldiers seriously wound President José Ramos-Horta. Rebel leader Alfredo Reinado is killed in the attack.
Who were born on February 11?
- 1819Samuel Parkman Tuckerman, American composer (d. 1890)
- 1891J.W. Hearne English cricketer (d. 1965)
- 1920Billy Halop, American actor (d. 1976)
- 1926Paul Bocuse, French chef
- 1931Larry Merchant, American sportswriter
- 1947Roy Carrier, American Zydeco musician (d. 2010)
- 1969P.J. Sparxx, American pornographic actress
- 1974Isaiah Mustafa, American actor, spokesman
- 1980Titi Buengo, Angolan footballer
- 1982Neil Robertson, Australian snooker player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.