February 11: Day of the Week
February 11, 2021 was the 42nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 323 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters NEAYNZOXBSI? Check your answers here: Word search NEAYNZOXBSI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 11 Historical Event(s)
- 55Tiberius Claudius Caesar Britannicus, heir to the Roman Emperorship, dies under mysterious circumstances in Rome. This clears the way for Nero to become Emperor.
- 1808Jesse Fell burns anthracite on an open grate as an experiment in heating homes with coal.
- 1826University College London is founded under the name University of London.
- 1855Kassa Hailu is crowned Tewodros II, Emperor of Ethiopia, by Abuna Salama III in a ceremony at the church of Derasge Maryam
- 1918New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Horse in Chinese astrology.
- 1937A sit-down strike ends when General Motors recognizes the United Auto Workers Union.
- 1938BBC Television produces the world’s first ever science fiction television program, an adaptation of a section of the Karel Capek play R.U.R., that coined the term “robot”.
- 1971Eighty-seven countries, including the US, UK, and USSR, sign the Seabed Treaty outlawing nuclear weapons on the ocean floor in international waters.
- 1979Islamic revolution of Iran establishes an Islamic theocracy under the leadership of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
- 1987The Constitution of the Philippines goes into effect.
Who were born on February 11?
- 1535Pope Gregory XIV (d. 1591)
- 1833Melville Weston Fuller, American jurist and 8th Chief Justice of the United States (d. 1910)
- 1908Vivian Ernest Fuchs, English geologist (d. 1999)
- 1925Kim Stanley, American actress (d. 2001)
- 1932Jerome Lowenthal, American pianist
- 1936Burt Reynolds, American actor
- 1947Joselito, Spanish singer
- 1971Damian Lewis, British actor
- 1985Mike Richards, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1991Christofer Ingle, American musician (Never Shout Never)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.