February 11: Day of the Week
February 11, 2023 is the 42nd day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 323 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JEZBKEUITT? Check your answers here: Words with these letters JEZBKEUITT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 11 Historical Event(s)
- 55Tiberius Claudius Caesar Britannicus, heir to the Roman Emperorship, dies under mysterious circumstances in Rome. This clears the way for Nero to become Emperor.
- 1531Henry VIII of England is recognized as supreme head of the Church of England.
- 1752Pennsylvania Hospital, the first hospital in the United States, is opened by Benjamin Franklin.
- 1812Massachusetts governor Elbridge Gerry “gerrymanders” for the first time.
- 1861American Civil War: United States House of Representatives unanimously passes a resolution guaranteeing noninterference with slavery in any state.
- 1873King Amadeus I of Spain abdicates.
- 1918New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Horse in Chinese astrology.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of Bukit Timah is fought in Singapore.
- 1953The Soviet Union breaks off diplomatic relations with Israel.
- 1964Greeks and Turks begin fighting in Limassol, Cyprus.
Who were born on February 11?
- 1874Elsa Beskow, Swedish author (d. 1953)
- 1909Max Baer, American boxer and actor (d. 1959)
- 1926Leslie Nielsen, Canadian actor (d. 2010)
- 1934Manuel Noriega, Panamanian general and dictator
- 1934Mel Carnahan, American politician and 51st Governor of Missouri (d. 2000)
- 1943Serge Lama, French singer
- 1975Jacque Vaughn, American basketball player
- 1981Kelly Rowland, American singer
- 1982Neil Robertson, Australian snooker player
- 1984Aubrey O'Day, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.