February 11: Day of the Week
February 11, 2020 was the 42nd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 324 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters KIAISYTFY? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters KIAISYTFY. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1840Gaetano Donizetti’s opera La Fille du Régiment receives its first performance in Paris.
- 1843Giuseppe Verdi’s opera I Lombardi receives its first performance in Milan.
- 1906Pope Pius X publishes the encyclical Vehementer nos.
- 1919Friedrich Ebert (SPD), is elected President of Germany.
- 1939A Lockheed XP-38 flies from California to New York in 7 hours 2 minutes.
- 1942The first gold record is presented to Glenn Miller for “Chattanooga Choo Choo”.
- 1953The Soviet Union breaks off diplomatic relations with Israel.
- 1973Vietnam War: First release of American prisoners of war from Vietnam takes place.
- 1975New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- 1997Space Shuttle Discovery is launched on a mission to service the Hubble Space Telescope.
Who were born on February 11?
- 1380Gian Francesco Poggio Bracciolini, Italian humanist (d. 1459)
- 1812Alexander Hamilton Stephens, American politician, Vice President of the Confederate States of America and 50th Governor of Georgia (d. 1883)
- 1920Daniel F. Galouye, science fiction author (d.1976)
- 1932Dennis Skinner, British politician
- 1934Mary Quant, English fashion designer
- 1938Bevan Congdon, New Zealand cricketer
- 1947Yukio Hatoyama, Japanese politician
- 1956Catherine Hickland, American actress
- 1962Sheryl Crow, American musician
- 1964Ken Shamrock, American martial artist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.