February 11: Day of the Week
February 11, 2019 was the 42nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 323 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
February 11 Historical Event(s)
- 660 BCTraditional date for the foundation of Japan by Emperor Jimmu.
- 1659The assault on Copenhagen by Swedish forces is beaten back with heavy losses.
- 1794First session of United States Senate open to the public.
- 1808Jesse Fell burns anthracite on an open grate as an experiment in heating homes with coal.
- 1812Massachusetts governor Elbridge Gerry “gerrymanders” for the first time.
- 1861American Civil War: United States House of Representatives unanimously passes a resolution guaranteeing noninterference with slavery in any state.
- 1918New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Horse in Chinese astrology.
- 1964Greeks and Turks begin fighting in Limassol, Cyprus.
- 1968Israeli-Jordanian border clashes.
- 2008Rebel East Timorese soldiers seriously wound President José Ramos-Horta. Rebel leader Alfredo Reinado is killed in the attack.
Who were born on February 11?
- 1649William Carstares, Scottish minister (d. 1715)
- 1776Ioannis Kapodistrias, Greek diplomat of the Russian Empire and first head of state of independent Greece (d. 1831)
- 1813Otto Ludwig, German writer and critic (d. 1865)
- 1839Josiah Willard Gibbs, American physicist (d. 1903)
- 1900Hans-Georg Gadamer, German philosopher (d. 2002)
- 1934John Surtees, English motorcycle and race car driver
- 1938Bevan Congdon, New Zealand cricketer
- 1949Guy Cloutier, French-Canadian music executive; father of Véronique Cloutier
- 1973Jeon Do-yeon, Korean actress
- 1992Taylor Lautner, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.