February 11: Day of the Week
February 11, 2019 was the 42nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 323 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
February 11 Historical Event(s)
- 55Tiberius Claudius Caesar Britannicus, heir to the Roman Emperorship, dies under mysterious circumstances in Rome. This clears the way for Nero to become Emperor.
- 1752Pennsylvania Hospital, the first hospital in the United States, is opened by Benjamin Franklin.
- 1790The Religious Society of Friends, also known as Quakers, petitions U.S. Congress for abolition of slavery.
- 1812Massachusetts governor Elbridge Gerry “gerrymanders” for the first time.
- 1919Friedrich Ebert (SPD), is elected President of Germany.
- 1937New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Ox in Chinese astrology.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of Bukit Timah is fought in Singapore.
- 1964Greeks and Turks begin fighting in Limassol, Cyprus.
- 1964The Republic of China (commonly known as Taiwan) breaks off diplomatic relations with France.
- 1987The Constitution of the Philippines goes into effect.
Who were born on February 11?
- 1535Pope Gregory XIV (d. 1591)
- 1776Ioannis Kapodistrias, Greek diplomat of the Russian Empire and first head of state of independent Greece (d. 1831)
- 1874Fritz Hart, English-born composer (d. 1949)
- 1902Arne Jacobsen, Danish architect (d. 1971)
- 1937Eddie Shack, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1962Sheryl Crow, American musician
- 1962Tammy Baldwin, American politician
- 1970Fredrik Thordendal, Swedish musician
- 1972Craig Jones, American musician (Slipknot)
- 1980Matthew Lawrence, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.