February 11: Day of the Week
February 11, 2021 was the 42nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 323 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TVEAUONJ? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters TVEAUONJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 11 Historical Event(s)
- 55Tiberius Claudius Caesar Britannicus, heir to the Roman Emperorship, dies under mysterious circumstances in Rome. This clears the way for Nero to become Emperor.
- 244Emperor Gordian III is murdered by mutinous soldiers in Zaitha (Mesopotamia). A mound is raised at Carchemish in his memory.
- 1808Jesse Fell burns anthracite on an open grate as an experiment in heating homes with coal.
- 1826University College London is founded under the name University of London.
- 1861American Civil War: United States House of Representatives unanimously passes a resolution guaranteeing noninterference with slavery in any state.
- 1873King Amadeus I of Spain abdicates.
- 1916Emma Goldman is arrested for lecturing on birth control.
- 1942The first gold record is presented to Glenn Miller for “Chattanooga Choo Choo”.
- 1964The Republic of China (commonly known as Taiwan) breaks off diplomatic relations with France.
- 2032New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rat in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 11?
- 1860Rachilde, French author (d. 1953)
- 1909Joseph L. Mankiewicz, American director (d. 1993)
- 1921Edward Seidensticker, American scholar (d. 2007)
- 1934John Surtees, English motorcycle and race car driver
- 1959Bradley Cole, American actor
- 1964Ken Shamrock, American martial artist
- 1969P.J. Sparxx, American pornographic actress
- 1972Brian Daubach, American baseball player
- 1973Jeon Do-yeon, Korean actress
- 1980Titi Buengo, Angolan footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.