February 11: Day of the Week
February 11, 2019 was the 42nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 323 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Aquarius horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
February 11 Historical Event(s)
- 660 BCTraditional date for the foundation of Japan by Emperor Jimmu.
- 244Emperor Gordian III is murdered by mutinous soldiers in Zaitha (Mesopotamia). A mound is raised at Carchemish in his memory.
- 1840Gaetano Donizetti’s opera La Fille du Régiment receives its first performance in Paris.
- 1916Emma Goldman is arrested for lecturing on birth control.
- 1929Fascist Italy and the Vatican sign the Lateran Treaty.
- 1942The first gold record is presented to Glenn Miller for “Chattanooga Choo Choo”.
- 1959The Federation of Arab Emirates of the South, which will later become South Yemen, is created as a protectorate of the United Kingdom.
- 1973Vietnam War: First release of American prisoners of war from Vietnam takes place.
- 2008Rebel East Timorese soldiers seriously wound President José Ramos-Horta. Rebel leader Alfredo Reinado is killed in the attack.
- 2032New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rat in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 11?
- 1923Antony Flew, British philosopher (d. 2010)
- 1932Dennis Skinner, British politician
- 1947Joselito, Spanish singer
- 1956H.R., American singer
- 1962Eric Vanderaerden, Belgian cyclist
- 1969Jennifer Aniston, American actress
- 1979Brandy, American singer and actress
- 1980Cormac McAnallen, Northern Irish Gaelic footballer (d. 2004)
- 1984Aubrey O'Day, American singer
- 1985William Beckett, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.