February 19: Day of the Week
February 19, 2021 was the 50th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 315 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ABEUOFAQJK? Check your answers here: Words with these letters ABEUOFAQJK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1674England and the Netherlands sign the Treaty of Westminster, ending the Third Anglo-Dutch War. A provision of the agreement transfers the Dutch colony of New Amsterdam to England, and it is renamed New York.
- 1861Serfdom is abolished in Russia.
- 1878Thomas Edison patents the phonograph.
- 1921Rezā Shāh takes control of Tehran during a successful coup
- 1937Yekatit 12: During a public ceremony at the Viceregal Palace (the former Imperial residence) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, two Eritrean nationalists attempt to kill viceroy Rodolfo Graziani with a number of grenades. Italian authorities exact vicious reprisals on the population.
- 1953Censorship: Georgia approves the first literature censorship board in the United States.
- 1985Artificial heart recipient William J. Schroeder becomes the first such patient to leave hospital.
- 1986Akkaraipattu massacre: the Sri Lankan Army massacres 80 Tamil farm workers the eastern province of Sri Lanka.
- 1986The Soviet Union launches its Mir spacecraft. Remaining in orbit for 15 years, it is occupied for 10 of those years.
- 2018New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Dog in Chinese astrology.
Who were born on February 19?
- 1660Friedrich Hoffmann, German physician and chemist (d. 1742)
- 1914Jacques Dufilho, French comedian (d. 2005)
- 1924Bruce Norris, American ice hockey executive (d. 1986)
- 1924František Vláčil, Czech film director, painter, and graphic artist (d. 1999)
- 1924Lee Marvin, American actor (d. 1987)
- 1934Carole Eastman, American screenwriter (d. 2004)
- 1953Massimo Troisi, Italian actor (d. 1994)
- 1964Doug Aldrich, American musician (Whitesnake)
- 1976Jahidi White, American basketball player
- 1986Maria Mena, Norwegian singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.