February 2: Day of the Week
February 2, 2020 was the 33rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 333 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Della’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
February 2 Historical Event(s)
- 506Alaric II, eighth king of the Visigoths promulgates The Breviary of Alaric (Breviarium Alaricianum or Lex Romana Visigothorum) a collection of Roman law.
- 962Translatio imperii: Pope John XII crowns Otto I, Holy Roman Emperor, the first Holy Roman Emperor in nearly 40 years.
- 1913Grand Central Terminal is opened in New York City.
- 1920France occupies Memel.
- 1920The Tartu Peace Treaty is signed between Estonia and Russia.
- 1927New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- 1957Iskander Mirza of Pakistan lays the foundation-stone of the Guddu Barrage.
- 1976The Groundhog Day gale hits the north-eastern United States and south-eastern Canada.
- 1987After the 1986 People Power Revolution the Philippines enacts a new constitution.
- 1989Soviet war in Afghanistan: The last Soviet armoured column leaves Kabul.
Who were born on February 2?
- 1695François de Chevert, French general (d. 1769)
- 1861Solomon R. Guggenheim, American art collector and philanthropist (d. 1949)
- 1929George Band, British mountaineer (d. 2011)
- 1940Wayne Fontes, American football coach
- 1975Niclas Wallin, Swedish hockey player
- 1983Alex Westaway, British musician
- 1983Jordin Tootoo, Canadian hockey player
- 1984Renn Kiriyama, Japanese actor
- 1984Rudi Wulf, New Zealand rugby player
- 1987Gerard Piqué, Spanish football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.