February 2: Day of the Week
February 2, 2022 is the 33rd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 332 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the February calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Aquarius is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Amethyst is the modern birthstone for this month. Bloodstone is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UAULEJOYRFZ? Check your answers here: Word scramble UAULEJOYRFZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
February 2 Historical Event(s)
- 506Alaric II, eighth king of the Visigoths promulgates The Breviary of Alaric (Breviarium Alaricianum or Lex Romana Visigothorum) a collection of Roman law.
- 1848Mexican-American War: The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo is signed.
- 1876The National League of Professional Baseball Clubs of Major League Baseball is formed.
- 1901Funeral of Queen Victoria.
- 1913Grand Central Terminal is opened in New York City.
- 1922Ulysses by James Joyce is published.
- 1927New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- 1934The Export-Import Bank of the United States is incorporated.
- 1987After the 1986 People Power Revolution the Philippines enacts a new constitution.
- 1990Apartheid: F.W. de Klerk allows the African National Congress to function legally and promises to release Nelson Mandela.
Who were born on February 2?
- 1455King John of Denmark (d. 1513)
- 1711Wenzel Anton von Kaunitz, Austrian diplomat (d. 1794)
- 1717Ernst Gideon Freiherr von Laudon, Austrian field marshal (d. 1790)
- 1902Newbold Morris, American politician (d. 1966)
- 1932Robert Mandan, American actor
- 1941Lee Redmond, owner of the longest fingernails until February 10, 2009
- 1949Brent Spiner, American actor
- 1953Duane Chapman, American bounty hunter
- 1954John Tudor, American baseball player
- 1995Paul Digby, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.